Game Day GDT: North Melbourne vs Melbourne @ Blundstone Arena @ 14:10 AEST- The Cursed Train-wreck comes to an end. Finally!

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a good way to lose, reminds me of our round 23 2014.

Btw you guys have obviously emotionally checked out...

If you ever wanted to see a representation of our season, then just watch that last 2 minutes:

Crazy Frosty x2
2 blokes tackling a blokes have him pinned, still manages to get a handball out to a free teammate on the outside
The opponents shot under pressure goes through for a goal, ours misses
Dropped marks
Losing a game we so easily could've won
Me making my son cry as I yell at the TV

On the AFL site:

'NORTH Melbourne has put the final nail in the coffin of Melbourne's disastrous 2019, downing the hapless Dees 13.10 (88) to 12.11 (83) at Blundstone Arena on Saturday afternoon'

Reckon they had that one prewritten - one more favourable bounce and it a draw you *ers.

Bad luck with the result, it could have gone either way.

It was a game of "patches"

I reckon your blokes definitely played the better patches.

Forget all the crap you hear, Max Gawn IS the best player in the game.

Your son may grow up to not be a Melbourne Support. That is your gift to him Deemanding.

Pretty much this game covered all that is good and bad for Melbourne. And that kick by Jones for the veteran he is was woeful.

I'm now waiting to hear that the return flight to Melb hits turbulence and half our team dislocate their shoulders or fracture their arms, ruling them out of pre-season until Feb.

Your son may grow up to not be a Melbourne Support. That is your gift to him Deemanding.

Pretty much this game covered all that is good and bad for Melbourne. And that kick by Jones for the veteran he is was woeful.

Yep I know. He's 14 months old, I've got some time for them to extract a digit but if it doesn't happen in the next 5 years then * it he deserves better.

In all my years following this sport, I can't remember a team that was so talented at turning garbage into an art form. Just when I think I have them pegged they find bold, inventive forms of garbage with which to surprise me. Sublime, just pure poetry.

Sigh. It's all so tiresome.
I've grown to expect this happening in every game. The slightest bit of pressure gets to one player and the whole team comes crashing down like dominoes.

Hope we get good draft picks and not sell them to other clubs this time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a meh result. I only watched because it's a long time til March to watch these campaigners go around again.

Things to actually look forward to are:
1:Fritsch with McDonald in the same forward line, melksham there too.
2:Gawn and pruess playing more 50/50 split as I think gawn can play as a decent forward too, especially later in his career.
3: lever did some good things, even though he turned the ball over, but hard to come back into a team at the bottom and play well when all those around you have given up too.
4:thought spargo had a good few plays across half back
5:another preseason into hore, and he will be a very decent player.

Other than that, we really do lack anyone who wants to win at all costs. Jones is cooked. His skills are decent in space, but we either hide him on the back flank and opposition play through his man, or he turns it over under heat. I'd actually have kept Lewis if it was not an emotional decision.

Anb has always had issues, but at least last year he kicked goals. This year he's been horrid.

Brayshaw does some decent things at times, but he looks shocking whem he doesn't have the ball.

Salem is borderline trash. He started the season on fire, but after about round 8 or 10, he's horrific with ball in hand, and a liability without it.

I guess I have to get excited about Burgess and Richardson helping change this list to be competitive again, I can't see trade season helping at all, Langdon won't fix a thing.

I'm down for Darren Burgess but any danger of hiring a top quality shrink as well - After the Gold Coast game we led five games at three quarter time, losing four and kicking 5.23 combined.

Last edited:
But was Melksham a better option?

Probably 60% should have gone to Milk and 40% take the shot but I'll never criticize someone for taking the responsibility. Same as when Harmes had a running shot with seconds remaining against Freo a couple years ago and missed

20190824_164531.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back