Game Day GDT RND 12 vs Collingwood(A) MCG @ 15:20 AEST-Queens Birthday Clash

Remove this Banner Ad

Pass marks to Trac, Gawn, Oliver, Harmes, Hore...maybe Salem.
Lever and May are serviceable considering their amount of time out. Dare I say even Wags has hit a target or two? Not expecting much from Baker but he's done a few things including hitting up Garlett.
Our forwards have not had a good one, especially the smalls in Hunt, Spargo, Garlett and Hannan.

Tim Watson was bemused by the lack of basic skills being executed by Melbourne today. Obviously hasn't watched many Melbourne games this year. I don't care about losing but two things we supporters ask for effort and nailing the basic skills.
It was nice to see someone calling us out for it rather than ignoring it. Refreshing to be called out on our crap skills

poor skills again today. always seems to happen when a team brings the heat and exposes our manic play on game style. im pretty sure our lack of system and organisation contributes a lot to our poor skills also. no one seems to know what they or their teammate should be doing when moving the ball forward. its just chaos.

This is like a good neeld performance

Or a bad Roos performance

I worry sometimes that we have ruined this crop mentally as well

First bounce, half-time, same same. Have we sucked?

poor skills again today. always seems to happen when a team brings the heat and exposes our manic play on game style. im pretty sure our lack of system and organisation contributes a lot to our poor skills also. no one seems to know what they or their teammate should be doing when moving the ball forward. its just chaos.
It’d be nice if we could find some middle ground between ‘* knows what’s going to happen’ and methodical ball movement. Might give the other team pause for thought occasionally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah cause we are basically un-coached at the moment

Would be interesting to see how we went if we just told the coaches to stay home and the players self organized. The lefties would love it

I think there was an allegorical film about this - didn’t the life end up in charge? Hibberd?

Stupidly put a 50 on the dees today....your major sponsor should be Gilbertsons Butchers ;);)

Pass marks to Trac, Gawn, Oliver, Harmes, Hore...maybe Salem.
Lever and May are serviceable considering their amount of time out. Dare I say even Wags has hit a target or two? Not expecting much from Baker but he's done a few things including hitting up Garlett.
Our forwards have not had a good one, especially the smalls in Hunt, Spargo, Garlett and Hannan.
I would add Jones to that has stopped Sidebottom's influence since he's been on him.

Need to do something about our handball game. Jack Riewoldt made a good point about all these handballs making it hard for the forwards to time their leads.

Tim Watson was bemused by the lack of basic skills being executed by Melbourne today. Obviously hasn't watched many Melbourne games this year. I don't care about losing but two things we supporters ask for effort and nailing the basic skills.
Mate you can tell we are trying to have a dip. The effort is there. Early on it looked soft, but they had a dip.

They just aren't very good. There is clearly such low morale and confidence in this group. If it's the injuries or whatever I don't care what it is, but it's obvious and if they don't fix that, then nothing will change. Skills are obviously suffering even worse. We weren't a highly skilled team prior, but our intensity and run, our fitness and our Endeavour got us a lot of scores last year. This year we turn it over with that doubt, or that lack of fitness and we can't recover. Fourtunately we are not out of this game, but i haven't seen anything today that makes me think we are capable of turning it around, and thus our season. Today is the first time I've thought it was over.

Gawn and trac are playing well today, others are in and out. May has looked ok but now looks gassed. Unfortunately we just are not good enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back