Game Day GDT Rnd 18 VS West Coast(Sort of H) @ TTP @ 1450ACST/1520AEST- Hanging on Eagles Ayres Rock

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice it’s never the Hawks, or pies, or Geelong, or Richmond playing home games in neutral (at best) grounds? It’s soft loser clubs like ours.
Selling our soul for extremely short term gain.

I like the Alice game and we need the money, but could we maybe play GWS there or someone else who has no fans in the Top End?

What’s our record in the NT? No way is it above 50%.
And importantly, what’s our record the week AFTER out NT games? (It’s shithouse).
What’s that worth? What’s giving away 4 home game points worth? Was worth a fair bit 2 years ago when we missed finals by a bees dick. No doubt it will happen again. But we’ll all just ignore it and then cry about it next time it burns us.

Eagles had another gear to go to and we didn't I suppose. with Lewis and Fritsch holding the forward line together, im surprised we got that close really.

Notice it’s never the Hawks, or pies, or Geelong, or Richmond playing home games in neutral (at best) grounds? It’s soft loser clubs like ours.
Selling our soul for extremely short term gain.

The hawks have played home games
In tassie for years.

Tigers have sold home games to North Queensland

The hawks have played home games
In tassie for years.

Tigers have sold home games to North Queensland
I think with Hawthorn in Tassie though it is a neutral ground they still have a massive advantage in terms of support as they usually play teams like freo who would have barely any support in Tassie. We play teams Adelaide in Darwin and are clearly out numbered in the crowd and west coast in Alice springs where they get more support and conditions that are more perth like. At least Tassie weather is more Victorian.

I think with Hawthorn in Tassie though it is a neutral ground they still have a massive advantage in terms of support as they usually play teams like freo who would have barely any support in Tassie. We play teams Adelaide in Darwin and are clearly out numbered in the crowd and west coast in Alice springs where they get more support and conditions that are more perth like. At least Tassie weather is more Victorian.

Having the crowd “against” us is the least of our worries. It wasn’t an issue when we torched the crows by 90 points last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having the crowd “against” us is the least of our worries. It wasn’t an issue when we torched the crows by 90 points last year.

It’s not about having them against us, it’s about losing games we might otherwise win at the MCG (being that it’s a home game we lose at the G.)

The kicker is the fact our record the week after NT games is atrocious.

It’s not about having them against us, it’s about losing games we might otherwise win at the MCG (being that it’s a home game we lose at the G.)

The kicker is the fact our record the week after NT games is atrocious.
Last year we won the weeks after our NT games by a combined total of 99 points.

If we are worrying about coin toss being done by a kid in the opposing teams jumper, letting some eagle fly in the sky these have zero impact on the outcome of the game. If we want to be a top 4 side we need to win anywhere any time any place. In fact we should be more concerned with our record at the G the last 3 years, maybe we need to get people wearing our jumper at the coin toss or bring out some live animal to parade around.

We were putrid for 10 years so our record home or away is dismal. The last 3 years different story we have a much more balance win loss record.

I think up until last year the win percentage the week after was hovering around the 20% mark..
In the only two years where it's mattered (2017 and 2018) we've won 3/4 in the NT (only loss being when we were injury ravaged in Darwin 2017) and we're 4/4 the week after. I don't really are about our record in prior years or this year given we've been shithouse and therefore lost most of our games no matter where we've played.

If we were a better side we'd have won both of our games in the NT this season, and indeed we've been in a winning position to take both. Can't use the ground as an excuse for choking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back