Game Day GDT(Round 15) Brisbane Lions vs Melbourne Demons, Gabba @ 15:20 AEST-The Overwhelming Pride

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils

For VIC VIEWERS

FOR QLD VIEWERS

https://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2019/15/bl-v-melb

Match preview: Brisbane v Melbourne

Where and when: the Gabba, Sunday June 30, 3.20pm AEST
TV, radio and online: Click here for broadcast guide
What it means for Brisbane:
A chance to solidify its spot in the top eight and continue to restore the Gabba's reputation as a difficult away venue to play at. The Lions are five from six at home, including wins over West Coast, Port Adelaide and Adelaide.
What it means for Melbourne: With finals aspirations all but gone, the Demons can quickly turn spoiler for September-bound outfits. After knocking over Fremantle at the weekend, a win over the Lions would put some wind in Melbourne's sails ahead of the final two months.

The stat: Now in his 11th season, Daniel Rich is playing career-best football. The Brisbane half-back is ranked second in the AFL for metres gained (6827), trailing only Sydney's Jake Lloyd. Rich is doing so while kicking at a super-efficient 83 per cent.
The match-up: Lachie Neale v Clayton Oliver
The pair might not match-up head-to-head, but their respective influence could go a long way to deciding the result. Neale and Oliver are ranked fifth and fourth, respectively, for contested possessions and third and sixth for clearances – two midfield dynamos by any definition.
It's a big week for: After a slow start to his season, Tom McDonald bounced back to form with 28 disposals and three goals against Freo. He needs to produce something similar to give Melbourne a chance of an upset.
tmac1024214MeFr19MD148278608v2.JPG

Big call: Cam Rayner to build on last week's form with 15 disposals and three goals.
Prediction: Lions by 19 points

Having the wood on them means nothing. They are a formidable opponent
No Asking for Streams on GDTS You know the protocol.​

Reckon we'll actually win this, think we'll monster them physically.

Therefore 70 point drubbing incoming
If we win tomorrow there's no reason we can't make finals IMO, this is arguably our hardest game on the run home.

Therefore we'll win tomorrow and then lose to Carlton.

I can’t say I’m overly optimistic. I think I’ll make a red curry paste while watching the match. Nothing like belting dried chilli in a mortar and pestle while watching 0.5 from 39 forward 50 entries.

At least no channel 7 commentary I’m guessing?

I think it was the JLT match against Brisbane where they got a run on that I thought to myself that something was a little wrong with us.

That said, dees by 21.

Brisbane suck, they'll remember it soon enough, so I reckon we'll win today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I feel the same as many today: optimistic and bullish, but also ready to have all that hope extinguished in the first 15mins of the game.
I feel every team has had an 'out-of-the-box' win this year except for us...am I wrong? Even Carlton has, by default really as every win is out of the box for them.

I think I feel the same as many today: optimistic and bullish, but also ready to have all that hope extinguished in the first 15mins of the game.
I feel every team has had an 'out-of-the-box' win this year except for us...am I wrong? Even Carlton has, by default really as every win is out of the box for them.
What are you on about? Our out of the box win was against Gold Coast :)

Ben & Jerrys Non-Dairly Choccy Fudge Brownie.

Might even make myself a milkshake with some of that ****, then throw a bit of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum in it if I decide to get rowdy :D :D :D
I used to live just off camberwell road, there was (is) a servo opposite my street that serves Ben & Jerrys. I’d far too frequently attend that servo for the ‘tonight dough’ or chocolate chip cookie dough.

Was thinking the same thing, nothing is ever easy for us every win the game has been in the balance until the end. Would be nice to relax for onc.

I don't understand why channel 7 for their sunday game show a bunch of super star players as part of their telecast opener, that aren't even playing in this game. But yes as a Dees or Lions fan please show me highlights of Buddy, Degoey, Eddie Betts and so forth to amp me up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back