Game Day GDT(Round 15) Brisbane Lions vs Melbourne Demons, Gabba @ 15:20 AEST-The Overwhelming Pride

Remove this Banner Ad

Most depressing year of football ever I reckon, wasn't expecting much in the Neeld years, this has been utter s**t show from start to finish, the confidence coming out of this club is completely unwarranted

I still feel sorry for any player who chooses to come to us, the tunnel has been dark for a long while now.

That free vs May will just about do it for me with this s... s... sport. Not blaming umps for our loss don't worry Topkent but I swear it is not that hard to umpire. They have no feel for the game whatsoever but of course the AFL machine will tick off every decision as being perfect.

Most depressing year of football ever I reckon, wasn't expecting much in the Neeld years, this has been utter **** show from start to finish, the confidence coming out this club is completely unwarranted

Yeah I can remember being a dees fan for 22 years now and this is the most un invested I've ever felt. It looked like we had finally found the light on the other side of the tunnel but who would bet against us missing finals again next year.

Clayton Oliver epitomizes Melbourne. One brilliant year and then he regresseses back to a good average player. Wouldn't be surprised if he spent his career there.

That free vs May will just about do it for me with this s... s... sport. Not blaming umps for our loss don't worry Topkent but I swear it is not that hard to umpire. They have no feel for the game whatsoever but of course the AFL machine will tick off every decision as being perfect.
They had the last 7 free kicks of the game lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most depressing year of football ever I reckon, wasn't expecting much in the Neeld years, this has been utter **** show from start to finish, the confidence coming out of this club is completely unwarranted
Time to go brush up on potential draftees like the old days!

I was having a discussion with my mate at footy training I said we need a good preseason and we need to recruit well. He replied that the talent is there. If it is where is it?

Yeah not sure it is, too many players that play 10 bad games to every one that is good.

We have too many players that just have poor skills, no other team had as many passengers as we do.

Everyone talks about coaching and structure and whatnot, but that was a match decided on fitness for my mind. Half way through the third we looked gassed and I was praying for the siren. We got outplayed on heart. Disappointing.

They deserved most of them, their midfield smashed ours
Yeah they did, all you have to do to beat our midfield is hold Viney or Oliver (whoever is closest to the ball) and basically tackle them before they get it so that it spills to a team mate.

Yeah I can remember being a dees fan for 22 years now and this is the most un invested I've ever felt. It looked like we had finally found the light on the other side of the tunnel but who would bet against us missing finals again next year.

Clayton Oliver epitomizes Melbourne. One brilliant year and then he regresseses back to a good average player. Wouldn't be surprised if he spent his career there.

We have become such a boring team to watch in the less than 12 months. Don't get me wrong, the losing shits me, but playing boring football isn't far behind. The current brand of football is a snooze fest.

Everyone talks about coaching and structure and whatnot, but that was a match decided on fitness for my mind. Half way through the third we looked gassed and I was praying for the siren. We got outplayed on heart. Disappointing.
It was 6.5 to 4.11 or something at half time, it was literally there poor kicking that kept us in it

Highly interpretational rules that are not only full of grey areas by the letter of the law, but are dictated to be enforced in entirely different ways from week to week, all while having to run 15+km per game, just to get a good view around the 36 players on the field at one time. There is no way anyone with a modicum of understanding of the game could ever call it "not that hard to umpire" ... there were some ordinary decisions there no doubt, punctuated by the push in the back against May, but that was much less a poor decision, as it is a poor interpretation of the rule across the board.

We have become such a boring team to watch in the less than 12 months. Don't get me wrong, the losing ****s me, but playing boring football isn't far behind. The current brand of football is a snooze fest.
If I see Clayton Oliver win another ground ball this year and handball to a stationary Max Gawn I'm changing to the tigers.

Time to go brush up on potential draftees like the old days!

I'm too old to care anymore. This club has had long enough to get it's s**t together. I'm losing interest in the AFL at a rapid rate.

The frees were probably there but I think there were some missed the other way. The may one imo should be htb but if that's in the back according to the rules it stinks. May did everything right and in the very last minute landed in his back but still tried to avoid it and ended up on the side. There's not much a player can do but bend the rules of gravity. Anyways it is what it is.

We have become such a boring team to watch in the less than 12 months. Don't get me wrong, the losing ****s me, but playing boring football isn't far behind. The current brand of football is a snooze fest.
It’s only boring because of our entry into / players up toward. We just seem to be such a weak contested marking team, and it’s felt like that for a while for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back