Game Day GDT Round 16: Carlton vs Melbourne 13:10 AEST @ MCG- Travelling through the River Styx, Bring your fishing rods

Remove this Banner Ad

The Kingsley should be renamed. I’ve never seen anything like it. Jack Silvagni you will always have that one beautiful Sunday afternoon at the G.

You’d be more critical of goodwins coaching of the first 3 quarters as opposed to hanging on with 1 bloke on the bench in the last. We did the same thing to freo 3 weeks ago when they were down two players for the second half. The players need to take more responsibility for the way the game was played in the last. Sam frost for all the good you do those two free kicks were in excusable

Would have thought Kreuzer would have been happy to land on his face. Any permanent damage would have been an improvement. Glad the bloke is an AFL player though otherwise he'd never get close to a girl.
I would normally shy away from throwing a like to a poster making a personal appearance comment. But Kreuzer is on a level again of perambulating road accident.

Also, is it just me or is Daisy the wrong shape somehow? I’ve watched him for years and I’m still puzzled. It’s like he was built out of spare bits. Massive rib cage supported by these little legs. It’s like his parents were characters from SouthPark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A visitor here, so be kind.
Firstly, thank you for winning.
Secondly, with 40s to go you score a point when two players dive at the ball on your goal line. Hands and boots seem pretty close (I haven't seen the replay). So why wasn't there a score review? Given the scores it seems impossible to believe they didn't at least look at it.
Had they reviewed, the game is held up, you get a chance to set up and you lock the ball in. Game over. Instead, no review, immediate play on and a last chance for Carlton to win.

Was there any explanation as to why there was no review?

Goal umpire flagged a behind, defender played on. So no one immediately asked for one and they didn't leave anyone long to discuss it, which was smart from the Carlton defender taking the kick in.

Goal umpire flagged a behind, defender played on. So no one immediately asked for one and they didn't leave anyone long to discuss it, which was smart from the Carlton defender taking the kick in.
I get that, but normally the field umpire stops play, or the goal umpire asks for confirmation. Neither did anything. Seems like an error.

I get that, but normally the field umpire stops play, or the goal umpire asks for confirmation. Neither did anything. Seems like an error.

I haven't seen a replay for it so I don't know who got a toe / finger to it first, but the goal umpire didn't seem to think confirmation was required, and the game went on. The review system is there if they want to use it. All goals are reviewed, but this wasn't a goal.

The footage from the goal review would have literally been a blur of colours leaving us none the wiser so not sure it matters.

We can get pictures of mars from earth but cant get a clear picture in a secure review in the afl, surely they need to invest in better equipment.

A visitor here, so be kind.
Firstly, thank you for winning.
Secondly, with 40s to go you score a point when two players dive at the ball on your goal line. Hands and boots seem pretty close (I haven't seen the replay). So why wasn't there a score review? Given the scores it seems impossible to believe they didn't at least look at it.
Had they reviewed, the game is held up, you get a chance to set up and you lock the ball in. Game over. Instead, no review, immediate play on and a last chance for Carlton to win.

The goal umpire was obviously confident that it was touched, reckon you're right, and you'd want then to take a look to be 100% sure given the game situation, but at the same time, with the way the review has been this season, the more the umpires back themselves in, the better.

I would normally shy away from throwing a like to a poster making a personal appearance comment. But Kreuzer is on a level again of perambulating road accident.

Also, is it just me or is Daisy the wrong shape somehow? I’ve watched him for years and I’m still puzzled. It’s like he was built out of spare bits. Massive rib cage supported by these little legs. It’s like his parents were characters from SouthPark

Sitting behind a screen commenting on people’s appearance. Pretty poor

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back