Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils
upload_2018-7-27_22-39-2.png

upload_2018-7-27_22-39-51.png

upload_2018-7-27_22-42-44.png

upload_2018-7-27_22-43-12.png

SUMMARY
This is a huge game with massive finals implications for both clubs. Adelaide (12th; nine wins, eight losses) is aiming for its fourth win from its past five games, while Melbourne (seventh; 10 wins, seven losses) needs to respond from its heartbreaking after-the-siren loss to Geelong. The Crows are building nicely. Wayne Milera's attack off half-back has been important, defender Rory Laird has just about locked in a second straight All Australian guernsey and their pressure is up across the ground. The Crows will be boosted by the return of skipper Taylor Walker from a one-game suspension. Ruckman Sam Jacobs will need to at least break even with Brownlow Medal contender Max Gawn to give their midfielders a chance of controlling Clayton Oliver, Angus Brayshaw and Christian Petracca. Oliver has been especially damaging, with Riley Knight likely to be given the run-with role after impressive jobs on Joel Selwood and Dayne Beams in recent weeks.

WHERE AND WHEN: Adelaide Oval, Saturday, July 28, 7.10pm ACST
TV AND RADIO: Click here for broadcast guide

LAST FIVE TIMES
R10, 2018, Melbourne 23.8 (146) d Adelaide 8.7 (55) at Traeger Park
R17, 2017, Adelaide 17.14 (116) d Melbourne 10.10 (70) at Marrara Oval
R8, 2017, Melbourne 17.5 (107) d Adelaide 9.12 (66) at Adelaide Oval
R15, 2016, Adelaide 18.12 (120) d Melbourne 15.8 (98) at the MCG
R3, 2015, Adelaide 12.8 (80) d Melbourne 7.13 (55) at Adelaide Oval
THE SIX POINTS
1. Angus Brayshaw was the most influential player on the ground when the Demons thrashed the Crows by 89 points in Alice Springs in round 10, finishing with 37 disposals, 14 marks and three goals. The Demons won the disposal count 468-335, took 125 marks to 90, had 24 more inside 50s, 13 more clearances and 16 more scoring shots.

2. The Demons are ranked first in scoring, inside 50s and marks inside 50. The Crows are 10th for scoring, 12th for inside 50s and equal 16th for marks inside 50.

3. If the Demons win, it will be their first time they have had consecutive victories over the Crows since 1998-99. The Crows have the edge since 2013, with four wins to three.

4. Behind in-form ruckman Max Gawn, the Demons lead the League in hit-outs and centre clearances. In contrast, the Crows are equal 10th in centre clearances.

5. The Crows have won two of the three games the two sides have played at Adelaide Oval. Overall, the Demons are three from seven at the ground.

6. Demons midfielder Clayton Oliver will be the highest-ranked player in the Schick AFL Player Ratings on the ground. Oliver has risen to a career-high fifth overall, after starting the season ranked 71st. He has now overtaken Crows star Rory Sloane, who has slipped one spot to sixth.

IT'S A BIG WEEK FOR ….
Four-time premiership player Jordan Lewis has accomplished a lot in his brilliant career. The Demons defender reaches another milestone when he joins the 300-game club. At age 32, the former Hawk is still playing quality football and had 30 disposals in last week's two-point loss to Geelong.

PREDICTION: Crows by eight points

Do not ask for streams on the GDT. Your account will be suspended for the day

Please also MFC, Don't screw it up/s**t the bed as you are want to do.

Only a few hours until I board the plane to West Horsham.

Got seats in the Western stand (MCC equivalent). Should be interesting to see how the Adelaide folk treat me after we win by 10 goals

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Only a few hours until I board the plane to West Horsham.

Got seats in the Western stand (MCC equivalent). Should be interesting to see how the Adelaide folk treat me after we win by 10 goals

I've got this theory that ladies from Adelaide are good looking due to them not being convicts and all that. Can you please let me know?

Reckon we win but not really confident though. If we do win, I'm pretty confident we can build some momentum in the next 4 games and play finals.
if we win tonight, we will win the next 2. Giving us 13 wins and a big percentage which will guarantee finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Match up wise I'm thinking:

Harmes to Sloane

Oliver and Brayshaw to run off Crouch and Gibbs.

I'd start OMac on Tex, Frost on Jenkins and Smith on Lynch. Just need to be faster to make a switch this week if one of them starts to run rampant.

I'd also like to see someone play a defensive forward role on Laird if possible. Maybe Melksham could make him accountable.

Harmes to Sloane

I'd start OMac on Tex, Frost on Jenkins and Smith on Lynch. Just need to be faster to make a switch this week if one of them starts to run rampant.

I'd also like to see someone play a defensive forward role on Laird if possible. Maybe Melksham could make him accountable.
Make JKH play as a defensive forward on Laird.

He is s**t at everything elseso we dont lose much by him playing a negating role

Make JKH play as a defensive forward on Laird.

He is s**t at everything elseso we dont lose much by him playing a negating role

Doesn't have the pace or forward nous. Laird would eat him for breakfast.

Still pissed about last Saturday, we had a game won and dropped it, now we're reliant on beating Adelaide at home.

If we can't beat them, we've lost to every half decent team we've played this season, and shows we're still a year or two away.

But, go dees.

I can honestly say I have no idea what to expect, I really don't.

That is what is most concerning about the team and perhaps only time will work that one out.

Harmes to Sloane

Don't you think Riley Knight, Adelaide's pacey cooler, will negate one of Oliver or Brayshaw as he has been doing in the past couple of weeks to opposition players since his return from injury, so even if they get touches they are largely ineffective?

Don't you think Riley Knight, Adelaide's pacey cooler, will negate one of Oliver or Brayshaw as he has been doing in the past couple of weeks to opposition players since his return from injury, so even if they get touches they are largely ineffective?

It may very well be Adelaide's plan, yes. Though the way Goody likes to rotate players through the guts who knows how it will play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back