Game Day GDT(Round 9): West Coast Eagles(1rst try) vs Melbourne @ Optus Stadium 18:10 AWST (20:10 AEST)- The Western Revenge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did better than I expected. We need some new skills coaches. Tomorrow's another day. We have a lot of injuries.

If you genuinely blame umpires for this you’re a peanut. Should have been 5 goals up at 3/4 time
If you can’t at least acknowledge their influence, you’re unreasonable. We made our bed with our horrible disposal and weak attach on the ball in the last. But we were up at three quarter time, umpires missed two or three obvious frees for us while paying a handful of borderline ones for them, and it totally, utterly swung the momentum. Not only the momentum, there was a 3-4 goal turnaround during that period where the play was heavily influenced one way by poor standard umpiring.

We can’t deny we’ve been s**t and failed to make them hurt when it counted.

But to completely refuse to acknowledge the impact of the umpires is simply unreasonable.

We're 9 rounds in now and I'm wondering when the penny is going to drop with Oliver that just punting the ball up and under isn't going to cut the mustard.

Strange way of looking at it as we 100% should have won this game. Just had to kick straight and it was over at three quarter time.
We have half a VFL side in no one gave us a chance and we played the best we have all year. I agree we should have won but I can't be too upset. Step in the right direction.

Of all the Melbourney s**t I’ve seen, Smith standing there at 15M with no one around him for 5 seconds takes the cake

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you can’t at least acknowledge their influence, you’re unreasonable. We made our bed with our horrible disposal and weak attach on the ball in the last. But we were up at three quarter time, umpires missed two or three obvious frees for us while paying a handful of borderline ones for them, and it totally, utterly swung the momentum. Not only the momentum, there was a 3-4 goal turnaround during that period where the play was heavily influenced one way by poor standard umpiring.

We can’t deny we’ve been **** and failed to make them hurt when it counted.

But to completely refuse to acknowledge the impact of the umpires is simply unreasonable.

There’s no point complaining about the umpires because we can’t control them, can only worry about MFC variables. If we take advantage of our dominance we are 5 goals up at 3/4 time and win the game with umpiring being irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back