Game Day GDT: St Kilda vs Melbourne(A) @ Marvel Stadium 19:25AEST-This time they just don't car.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rally? They have 8 weeks off to rest up, we only made a prelim. I wonder how the hawks won 3 in a row.

The ridiculously high intensity game plan sucks the life out of the players, look at Freos fadeouts each year since 2015. Hawthorn play a much more sustainable brand so not really a comparison.

Still on top of our ranking points and ahead of Marshall too, not sure what more the bloke can do?
Come on, did you watch the game? He's good more often than not, so he is the least of our issues. But he was average at best tonight.

The ridiculously high intensity game plan sucks the life out of the players, look at Freos fadeouts each year since 2015. Hawthorn play a much more sustainable brand so not really a comparison.

Reardless of game style, we only made
A prelim. I’d cop the surgeries over pre season, but don’t see a contested game style stripping our players of the ability to kick.

Did you see the contest where Marshall threw him to side kicked the ball forward and admittedly frost handball it straight to the opposition which lead to the saints goal.

There is more to being a ruckman than hit outs. Gawns marking has been very poor of late, as has his position around marking contests.

We lost the clearneces 38 - 31

That’s the game I’m watching

Gawn needs to have a lot bigger impact around the ground to be the so called number 1 ruckman. English ran him ragged 2 weeks ago. Again up against a young ruckman in Marshall and Gawn had little impact around the ground.
Marshall 1 mark, Gawn 8?

Dunno mate, he's not exactly Robinson Crueso when it comes to poor skills around the ground. He can't ruck and rove the ******* ball every contest, our Rolls Royce midfielders have a big say on the clearance count too. I'd have a fair few blokes in the sights before I'd get stuck into Max for getting beat in a few contests.

Marshall 1 mark, Gawn 8?

Dunno mate, he's not exactly Robinson Crueso when it comes to poor skills around the ground. He can't ruck and rove the ******* ball every contest, our Rolls Royce midfielders have a big say on the clearance count too. I'd have a fair few blokes in the sights before I'd get stuck into Max for getting beat in a few contests.

Gawn needed to have more impact around the ground. He was playing on an inexperienced kid. Letting membry out mark him on the line. He also completely missed a spoil, let the ball out the back and membry goals again.

I’m being harsh, but Gawn needs to be better. Don’t disagree the mids we’re woeful tonight.

My main point being, Gawn for 208cm and 105kg has very little impact in the air.

Gawn needed to have more impact around the ground. He was playing on an inexperienced kid. Letting membry out mark him on the line. He also completely missed a spoil, let the ball out the back and membry goals again.

I’m being harsh, but Gawn needs to be better. Don’t disagree the mids we’re woeful tonight.

My main point being, Gawn for 208cm and 105kg has very little impact in the air.
Need to inject some Frost agility into him somehow :tearsofjoy:

Yep, he’s a Ross Lyon special. It just breaks down the will of the playing group over time. Getting next to zero reward for maximum effort teaches you to give up. I have no belief left in Goody. He’s a bust.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back