XBX1 Gears of War 4

Remove this Banner Ad

343 could learn alot from this "how not to rape an ip"

It's too late, the damage is well and truly done.

Gears 4 is probably my favourite Gears game, campaign is definitely my favourite in the series and 60fps multi is amazing.

In almost every multiplayer shooter I've played I am at least reasonable. I almost always hold my own.

I am absolutely s**t house at Gears multi. I am so bad that I actually feel bad for my teammates.

Finished the campaign.

Was a weird experience, I spent the first act and a half wondering if I had outgrown Gears of War since I hadn't played the series since Gears 3 about 5 years ago. Then spent the next 3 acts absolutely loving it as I got back into the groove of things. The final act makes for one of the better closing chapters of recent years.

I enjoyed that the game is seemingly in on the joke of how silly everything is now. Made for a fun experience.

Anyone else think that Marcus was infected or sick?

I feel like they're going to kill him off in Gears 5 or 6. Probably 6 tbh.

Finished the campaign.

Was a weird experience, I spent the first act and a half wondering if I had outgrown Gears of War since I hadn't played the series since Gears 3 about 5 years ago. Then spent the next 3 acts absolutely loving it as I got back into the groove of things. The final act makes for one of the better closing chapters of recent years.

I enjoyed that the game is seemingly in on the joke of how silly everything is now. Made for a fun experience.

The first act or so is a bit bizarre and it took some time to warm to the new characters. The pace definitely picks up the moment you run into Marcus.

Also agree with your spoiler.

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the returning cameos. For a game that really defined the 'dude bro' generation of gaming, which was never something that appealed to me, it was surprisingly nice to spend a bit more time with Marcus, Cole and Baird.

The first act or so is a bit bizarre and it took some time to warm to the new characters. The pace definitely picks up the moment you run into Marcus.

Also agree with your spoiler.

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the returning cameos. For a game that really defined the 'dude bro' generation of gaming, which was never something that appealed to me, it was surprisingly nice to spend a bit more time with Marcus, Cole and Baird.

Yeah out of the new cast Kait was easily my favourite, Laura Bailey is a great voice actor and once again brought it here. Del & JD were okay, but felt rather vanilla.

The game really started for me when Marcus was brought into the action.

I was also surprised by how much I enjoyed the returning cameos and references. I thought the twist about the Dee Bees name was actually really well done. For a cast I spent no time missing since Gears 3, I really enjoyed Baird and Cole's return. The entire final act felt like a nice touch of fan service. Giving us nods to the past without ever hitting us over the head with it.

Same goes for the back story about Anya's death, they never really went into how she died. But it was enough for fans to know that she's not with us anymore. Coalition surprised me with how they handled a lot of the story elements. If the 'Marcus is dying/infected' theory comes true then they get more credit because he only really coughs once or twice, if this was Epic he would have had the black lung for the entire last act.

That being said I wasn't buying that Marcus was dead in Act 4 for a second. But they kind of had to try there.

Last edited:
I just started co op campaign on insane.
**** me gonna take forever if we ever finish it.

A lot of the reports on Neogaf are them taking about 24 hours to get through Insane. With one boss in particular being the main sticking point.

Finished the campaign.

Finished the campaign just now, absolutely loved it. It took me a little bit to get into it, and I agree, for a moment I thought to myself "I think I've outgrown Gears", but I pushed through and really started to enjoy it. Gears 1,2 and 3 are brilliant games and I enjoyed them all, was a bit worried when I heard gears 4 was coming out, my first impression was "this game is outdated in today's video game world", just your simple run to the next war zone and shoot, but they really pulled it off, unlike 343 who have ruined the Halo series.

I definitely think Marcus is sick, I actually thought he'd die in this one, but him coughing is a sign of something, Gears 5 looks like it'll be another great game. What was your take on the end though? Kait's mother the Locust Queen perhaps?

I should get back to the campaign I've Only finished the first act due to doing mp all the time.If only more ppl do ranked matches in oz region. Having to go U.S or EU to get some escy action. Get a bit annoyed when on social quickplay the vote goes to tdm for 10 games straight☺ but lately theres been a bit of variety which is good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back