GEE...we are a...LONG way ahead of the rest of you minnow franchisees!

Remove this Banner Ad

This same “meaningless” stat you’ve spent hours researching and even more hours debating?

The "meaningless stat" is 'GF win % over 7 years' which was introduced into this thread and championed by none other than /drumroll: you

The meaningful stat which I introduced into the thread is your pathetic 25% finals wins since your last GF, which has been mentioned many times in various threads, media etc. and is the exact reason why you haven't won another flag since 2011

But feel free to melt some more about the red herring which you introduced :tearsofjoy:

you’ve just unwittingly elevated us above your own club as well as Hawf & West Coast when it comes to who statistically performs better on the big day

More premature ejaculation. Your place must look like an explosion at the yoghurt factory

Last edited:
when we do [win the 2019 GF] I’m sure you’ll no longer be on the bay to celebrate with us anyway

You're not sure about anything but let's make that true: I offered you the bet in another thread but you were too lame to pick it up:

Geelong wins the 2019 AFL flag, I delete my account. Geelol doesn't win the 2019 AFL flag, you delete your account

Deal? I mean you're so confident it's going to happen, why wouldn't you take the bet?

chicken.png

The "meaningless stat" is 'GF win % over 7 years' which was introduced into this thread and championed by none other than /drumroll: you
No longer meaningless to me considering how you just pwned yourself with it and at the same time denigrated your own clubs’ GF winning ability, a very hard task considering how woeful it already is yet you ignorantly achieved without even realizing. :)
The meaningful stat which I introduced into the thread is your pathetic 25% finals wins since your last GF, which has been mentioned many times in various threads, media etc. and is the exact reason why you haven't won another flag since 2011
And yet all this does is make us look even better when we win this year. You’re like the bay’s own version of the magic pudding, you just keep giving.
But feel free to melt some more about the red herring which you introduced
Uh oh, the old “melt” call.
This means you’re pretty frustrated right now and I can understand why after you previously trolled your own club. :tearsofjoy:

You're not sure about anything but let's make that true: I offered you the bet in another thread but you were too lame to pick it up:

Geelong wins the 2019 AFL flag, I delete my account. Geelol doesn't win the 2019 AFL flag, you delete your account

Deal? I mean you're so confident it's going to happen, why wouldn't you take the bet?
Dude to make a tempting offer you need to have something that is worth me taking a bet.

If all you can offer is your account then you’re s**t out of luck because

A) you’ve only been here 5 minutes and

B) aren’t respected in anyway at all and

C) are just a PUS.

Sorry but this means you’re pretty much nothing more than a small fry minnow that even a starving Chinese abalone poacher would have no problem throwing back. :$

88528E04-F38A-4E60-8813-ED0FA07E8FAD.jpeg

Come back with something of more value than your entire online existence and maybe we can talk. :tearsofjoy:

Right on point. chefsister has >45k posts in <9 years and is averaging 30 posts a day since I arrived. What a loser :cool: get some fresh air buddy, even your fellow Geelol campaigners can see you need it
Damn you’re getting a lot to attached to me it seems. :$
DB7B3BB0-F623-43D5-A276-79610EE362B3.jpeg

You've got plenty of time on your hands obviously - congrats on busting 45k posts - you look it up

...and yet we've still won 6 more GFs and 3 less wooden spoons than you :tearsofjoy:

Like I give a rat's flogbag what you said. Tigers and Dogs won pissweak premierships, everyone knows that - now they're the benchmark for you? lol

Compare yourselves to a proper team like WCE (57%), Hawks (50%), Swans (50%) or Pies (55%) in finals 2010-2018. That's what success looks like, Cats are a miserable 39% including your last flag :tearsofjoy:
Nice melt. 🥴

Here you go friend, since you asked so nicely:

View attachment 689715

So now you can clearly see that the other teams, with the exception of the COLAs, played basically the same number of finals as geelol over the last 7 years, except with a much better win %. Happy you asked now?

And in case you're wondering, Richmond were 0-3 like the soft utensil campaigners we all know they are, while the Doggies were 2-5 (29%) - that's the territory the Cats are occupying now. I won't dignify either of these squibs by including them in my table.

That's okay friend, I'm happy to include some bonus info for you. In the 7 years under discussion, the flag was won by WCE, Richmond (lucky flogs with 0 injuries), Dogs, (lucky flogs from ), Hawks (3) and Swans, so those are the relevant teams. And I included the Pies since everyone seems to want to talk about them in this thread
Oh, you are such a dumbass if you think those numbers pass for any sort of meaningful analysis. Go back to school and learn basic maths.

How much time did you waste on this, feeling smart - only to find out it is completely worthless? Ouch, probably a couple of days judging by the quality of your other posts.

You are not comparing like for like, it's just picking some useful time periods to fit your argument.

Fact check verdict: none found

Fact check verdict: none found

FACT 1: Geelol have won just 3 of their last 12 finals, or 25%
FACT 2: Those paltry 3 wins were all "1 in a row"
FACT 3: You don't make it to GFs on those numbers
FACT 4: You don't win flags with those numbers
FACT 5: If you dish up the same crap this year, no flag for you
FACT 6: You don't win flags in June

Dude to make a tempting offer you need to have something that is worth me taking a bet

Oh what a surprise, Mr. "We've already won the 2019 flag in June" is scared to take a bet in case he has to delete his precious 45k account that he invested 9 years of his life in :tearsofjoy:

chicken.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh what a surprise, Mr. "We've already won the 2019 flag in June" is scared to take a bet in case he has to delete his precious 45k account that he invested 9 years of his life in :tearsofjoy:
Nah, you’re just not worth it. Keep shopping yourself around tho by all means and see what business you can drum up. :$

FACT 1: Geelol have won just 3 of their last 12 finals, or 25%
FACT 2: Those paltry 3 wins were all "1 in a row"
FACT 3: You don't make it to GFs on those numbers
FACT 4: You don't win flags with those numbers
FACT 5: If you dish up the same crap this year, no flag for you
FACT 6: You don't win flags in June

The bolded isn't a fact. In regards to facts 1 and 2, Richmond were 0-3 in finals under Hardwick before 2017, so prior finals experience doesn't necessarily mean future performances will be the same.

In regards to facts 1 and 2, Richmond were 0-3 in finals under Hardwick before 2017, so prior finals experience doesn't necessarily mean future performances will be the same

Right. I said earlier, it's a trend. If the trend continues, you have a problem. Hence my use of the word "IF" (as popularised in this thread by chefmissus e.g. "IF we win the flag this year...").

So "IF you dish up the same crap [in the finals] this year [as you have the last 7 years], no flag for you" IS a fact. Richmond in 2017 went 3-0 in the finals. Dogs in 2016 went 4-0. Cats, Swans, Pies, all 3-0 in their recent flag years. The "worst" run for a premier during the last decade was Hawthorn's 3-1 in 2015. Maybe they got bored after winning the previous 2 flags and decided to mix it up.

The Cat's 'best' finals performance since 2011 was 1-1 in 2016

So sure you could do it, like the Tuggers and Dogs did for their fluke flags. But I don't think you want to use them as benchmarks, and you can only do it if you improve your finals win %. End of story

My "same number of flags" was in relation to your very specific 7 year window. We've only played in 1 grand final in that period, giving us a 100% grand final winning rate

My very specific 7-year window, which I have been very specific about, is the last 7 seasons AKA 2012-2018

1. 2012 (Swans)
2. 2013 (Hawks)
3. 2014 (Hawks)
4. 2015 (Hawks)
5. 2016 (Dogs)
6. 2017 (Tigers)
7. 2018 (Eagles)

How many GFs did you play in again, and what was your GF winning %?

You're a bit spesh aren't you

It'd be horrible to go 3 games clear and give us the luxury of rotating our resting players

Not something you need to worry about now

May be the thread title can be amended to "GEE we are 2 games ahead, big deal"

Last edited:

View attachment 689722

Is that your way of telling us youre fond of big utensils? #NTTAWWT

My very specific 7-year window, which I have been very specific about, is the last 7 seasons AKA 2012-2018

1. 2012 (Swans)
2. 2013 (Hawks)
3. 2014 (Hawks)
4. 2015 (Hawks)
5. 2016 (Dogs)
6. 2017 (Tigers)
7. 2018 (Eagles)

Last time I checked, your current Premiership drought is longer than ours
You lose again :$

1. 2012 (Swans)
2. 2013 (Hawks)
3. 2014 (Hawks)
4. 2015 (Hawks)
5. 2016 (Dogs)
6. 2017 (Tigers)
7. 2018 (Eagles)

Not something you need to worry about now

May be the thread title can be amended to "GEE we are 2 games ahead, big deal"

Yes, the whole point was that your "7 year window was selected so you didn't have to account for/face/remember that one year the Cats & Christ Scott totally obliterated your s**t truck team 3 times :)

Don't you have some young drug cheats to throw under the bus? What is it, 3 in 5 years now? #culture

Yes, the whole point was that your "7 year window was selected so...

I'm typing this slowly so maybe you can follow it this time:

2011: Geelong win the flag

2012-2018: Geelong don't win the flag (NB: that's 7 years)

2019: Cats fans celebrate in June

This logically begs the question When are the Cats going to win their next flag and finally hit double figures after 122 years? Which in turn prompts people to look at the intervening years since their last flag and examine your finals performance which at 3-9 with an average losing margin of 5 goals is found wanting

This isn't something I just made up to ruin your June GF parade. It's been a point of discussion for some time:

cats finals.jpg

Unless you can win more than 1 final in a row, nothing will change this year. That's just a fact, try not to get so offended about it. Good luck

Don't you have some young drug cheats to throw under the bus?

Stephen Dank, Mark Thompson, Mathew Stokes and Gary Ablett Sr. say hello

GAS drugs.jpg
stokes.jpg

bomber.jpg
dank.jpg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back