Geelong - 0 Grand Final appearances from their last 7 finals series

its free real estate

it's free real estate
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Again, you can’t answer it. You’ll just use a cliched reply to wriggle around. It just proves your input to this thread is void due to your inability to argue rationally due to a bias.
What are you dribbling on about?

You are the one who thinks free kicks need to be paid fairly. The rational argument is taking the world as it is, not as it should be.

StillAtLarge

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The main issue with Geelong is something that seems to pop up every year around this time- they still have no idea what their best 22 is. In recent years they've shoehorned underdone/average players into the team just before finals and it hasn't worked.
Another interesting thing is that as soon as Tuohy returned from injury the back 6 went to s**t. I'm not sure why this has happened but his inclusion has completely unbalanced the defence.
I still have faith that they can make/win a prelim, their best footy this year has surpassed everyone else's but they'd want to find some form soon.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
What are you dribbling on about?

You are the one who thinks free kicks need to be paid fairly. The rational argument is taking the world as it is, not as it should be.
Why shouldn’t they be paid fairly? My point is that you’ve acknowledged he goes into a contest ‘looking for a free kick’ then in finals all of a sudden he apparently doesn’t get them and you bemoan him for it. And you then somehow use this as an example of bad leadership? He actually isn’t doing anything different.

From a leadership perspective he exhibits the same behaviour in finals, so I don’t see how his leadership is questioned.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
The main issue with Geelong is something that seems to pop up every year around this time- they still have no idea what their best 22 is. In recent years they've shoehorned underdone/average players into the team just before finals and it hasn't worked.
Another interesting thing is that as soon as Tuohy returned from injury the back 6 went to s**t. I'm not sure why this has happened but his inclusion has completely unbalanced the defence.
I still have faith that they can make/win a prelim, their best footy this year has surpassed everyone else's but they'd want to find some form soon.
They’ve been good, really good, but they desperately need to get some touch back. North, Brisbane then Carlton presents a somewhat tricky finish. I’d say they’ll win 2, but they have to keep a settled side as you say come their first final.

A few years ago they dropped Menzel for Zac Guthrie and that was just ridiculous.

gingernuts

binlicker
Apr 25, 2018
the southern end of the minyip swamp
AFL Club
Geelong
not sure they are good enough to "find" form

its free real estate

it's free real estate
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Why shouldn’t they be paid fairly? My point is that you’ve acknowledged he goes into a contest ‘looking for a free kick’ then in finals all of a sudden he apparently doesn’t get them and you bemoan him for it. And you then somehow use this as an example of bad leadership? He actually isn’t doing anything different.

From a leadership perspective he exhibits the same behaviour in finals, so I don’t see how his leadership is questioned.
Other players who don’t rely on that style don’t get caught by the shifting definitions. That’s the problem for Selwood.

Back