Geelong 2007-2022. 13x top 4 finishes, 10x top 2 finishes and 4x minor premierships

Remove this Banner Ad

In the world of Falcon, this is a Dynasty:
1st, last, 1st, last, 1st

And this is not:
1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 1st, 3rd, 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 1st

o_Oo_Oo_O

Also just another thing when you say first is that a flag? If yes the best dynasty would be 3 in 5 from your lot. It’s the first 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pretty sure they didn’t, as 13 consecutive finals campaigns can attest.

Are these dynasties?

2nd straight for 15 years

8th straight for 15 years

No they aren’t, no flag no nothing

I’m not arguing that they are or aren’t. I just like pointing out when you make a factually incorrect claim

So you agree with me anyway? Um ok, you like semantics. Should get a job as fact checker on 9 news.

Hang on, so teams who have consistently made the finals year on year for the past decade are the most underachieving clubs in the competition?

BigFooty logic at it's very best o_Oo_Oo_O

You say that yet you believe that a team with a 1-14 finals record against top 4 teams over a 10 year period with no flags qualifies as part of a dynasty. :drunk:

Amazing Dynasty.

👏👏👏

Reads post, thinks that doesn’t make sense. Checks poster. Oh, that makes perfect sense now. 🤣

They are bringing the whole system into disrespute, the AFL will have do something about teams topping up on talent every trade season so they never go down. If Geelong get De Goey and some more GWS stars this off season its time for Gil to bring the hammer down
Just wait till Sean comes home after playing second fiddle to Jackson next year

Why does every thread turn into a Geelong/Richmond shitfest?

Cause cats supporters are cooked. They think GFC are the best at everything even when they fail.

I bet you wasted your time looking up the 80s hawks era just to prove me wrong. Probably frothing over it, how lame is that.

I didn’t need to look it up. It’s one of the most famous team stats in footy. They made 7 grand finals in a row and then won another flag in 91 for good measure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t need to look it up. It’s one of the most famous team stats in footy. They made 7 grand finals in a row and then won another flag in 91 for good measure.

Ok, so is 4 in 6 for us a dynasty or not?

Also if you win this year are you gonna say your dynasty is from 07-22?

Ok, so is 4 in 6 for us a dynasty or not?

Also if you win this year are you gonna say your dynasty is from 07-22?

If you won this year I would probably consider it part of it yes.

I don’t think if we win you could call it part of the 07-11 dynasty. I would add it to a separate one altogether like the Perth wildcats or something. You’d be hard pressed to say their 90s championships are part of the 2010s ‘dynasty’ but in saying that they have made 35 straight playoff series’ which in itself is an achievement

No, we don’t. You’ve actually been arguing with a Pies fan in this thread, by the way.

I know he’s a weird unit. Should work for GFC, hardly ever hear him talking about the pies.

I know he’s a weird unit. Should work for GFC, hardly ever hear him talking about the pies.

Probably because every second thread on the main board isn’t made about his team. If you actually cast your net more broadly you’ll find lots of posters are capable of lauding teams that aren’t their own.

If you won this year I would probably consider it part of it yes.

I don’t think if we win you could call it part of the 07-11 dynasty. I would add it to a separate one altogether like the Perth wildcats or something. You’d be hard pressed to say their 90s championships are part of the 2010s ‘dynasty’ but in saying that they have made 35 straight playoff series’ which in itself is an achievement

100% agree thank you. Hopefully you can talk some sense into that so called pies supporter.

Complete rubbish, and only supporters of teams who have been mediocre for decades on end would subscribe to this assessment.
Says who?
Just about every footy analyst and fan promote the flag or nothing mantra in our game when measuring success.

Even Damian Hardwick has acknowledged this saying we should celebrate making finals more as an achievement. But we don't really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back