Geelong 2007-2022. 73% win rate, 12x preliminary finals, 6x grand finals and 4x premierships

Remove this Banner Ad

4 of their 10 flags in the past 15 yrs out of over 150 yrs trying.
It’s an anomaly that will stop.
Much like any spike all clubs have.
We've found a way to stay competitive in the era of equalisation. What's to say that will ever change?

Collingwood and Carlton found a way to stay competitive year in year out back when you could buy flags (and players) with brown paper bags. That era is long over. Time to come compete in the modern world.

We've found a way to stay competitive in the era of equalisation. What's to say that will ever change?

Collingwood and Carlton found a way to stay competitive year in year out back when you could buy flags (and players) with brown paper bags. That era is long over. Time to come compete in the modern world.
Collingwood were probably the only rich club that adapted to the AFL era quickly. They have been very competitive in the last 20 years. Can’t say the same for Essendon and Carlton.

Geelong flog starts a thread about his Division 2 finals club’s achievements…months later, 7 pages, nobody gives a f*ck.

Erudite Richmond supporter asks a thought provoking question about a Richmond player, thread takes off like wildfire with discussion flourishing to over 60 pages in no time.

Cats probably need to beat a Division one team in a Grand Final to attract any sort of attention.

Geelong flog starts a thread about his Division 2 finals club’s achievements…months later, 7 pages, nobody gives a f*ck.

Erudite Richmond supporter asks a thought provoking question about a Richmond player, thread takes off like wildfire with discussion flourishing to over 60 pages in no time.

Cats probably need to beat a Division one team in a Grand Final to attract any sort of attention.
This is where I say 'rent free', right? :grinv1:

Just saw the 04 port v Saints prelim for the first time today. My god saints dunno how to win at all even with G Train. They choked that one too 🤣🤣 You guys really played weak teams in your fake dynasty like really weak. Embarrassment to the comp that team went 20-2. Thank god we have a quality comp now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Just saw the 04 port v Saints prelim for the first time today. My god saints dunno how to win at all even with G Train. They choked that one too 🤣🤣 You guys really played weak teams in your fake dynasty like really weak. Embarrassment to the comp that team went 20-2. Thank god we have a quality comp now.

There's only been about four years in the past two decades where the competition was really strong. Just off the top of my head they'd be the 2007, 2009, 2011 and 2022 seasons. You can choose your own order, but they're the four. :smilev1:

First game i remember watching was port beating us a couple weeks before that and still supported the loser

This is bad bait

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there anyone with a better winning percentage who has played 300 games?

200 games?

100 games?

50 games?
Michael Tuck, 70.80% win rate, with a never to be beaten 302 wins out of his 426 games. But Joel's longevity probably gets him ahead of most others.

Gordon Coventry would be a great match, and might be right up there with Joel, at career's end he had 220 wins, 5 draws and just 81 losses in 306 games. Win percentage 72.71 in the end.

50 games......32-1-17......65.00%

100 games....63-1-36......63.50%

150 games....106-2-42....71.33%

200 games....142-2-56....71.50%

250 games....177-3-70....71.40%

300 games....217-5-78....73.17%

Gordon played in 6 Flags in his career as well.

There'd be a few Hawks i guess from maybe 81-82 to the early 90's who'd come close to that but more around the 200-250 game mark tops. Even Leigh Matthews had a few seasons of the Hawks missing the finals, like in '79-81.

That is a major reason, Scarlett, Hawkins and Ablett all for free basically
Major reason and our recruitment team has been amazing as well.

In that era and this.

Tim Kelly overlooked Wafl player gives us all Australian year and then we get the picks for the best player in the comp to head our way.

Tom Stewart amateurs to 4 all australians

Bilcavs Runner turned footballer all Australian 2 best and fairest.

Stengel we all know that story.

Harry Taylor overlooked older recruit.

Podsiadly same as above.

I could name about 10 other genius moves.

Major reason and our recruitment team has been amazing as well.

In that era and this.

Tim Kelly overlooked Wafl player gives us all Australian year and then we get the picks for the best player in the comp to head our way.

Tom Stewart amateurs to 4 all australians

Bilcavs Runner turned footballer all Australian 2 best and fairest.

Stengel we all know that story.

Harry Taylor overlooked older recruit.

Podsiadly same as above.

I could name about 10 other genius moves.

A lot of them became genius moves in hindsight because you won flags. You may not have got any flags without that F/S rule and we wouldn’t even be talking about these ‘genius moves’

Remove this Banner Ad

Back