King Cold

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2011
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong VFL
Say what you want but this Geelong team is an unstoppable juggernaut much like the Geelong 2007 team was. Conceding a mere 32 points against premiership favourites GWS and a meager 45 points against a highly fancied Collingwood on their home soil over the last 2 weeks is no mean feat. It's blatantly obvious that something has clicked with this Cats team, much like how the 2007 team clicked after round 5.

After we lost to Sydney in round 6, the team was slammed for being lazy, the lack of defensive midfield pressure in particular was highlighted in the media. It's fair to say that a few home truths were told internally following that loss, much like the home truths that were told following the round 5 2007 loss to North Melbourne.

Scary to think that this team has so much quality sitting in the stands due to injury/suspension, just wait until we get those players back. Hawkins, Menzel, Parfitt, Scooter, Cockatoo, Henderson and Cam Guthrie all best 22 players that didn't play today.

We have the list profile that has the right ingredients to create a dynasty as well. There's so much quality youth coming through down at the Cattery right now that it's scary just how good this team can be over the coming years, and there's more highly rated father sons coming through the system for us too.

There are no other good teams this year, much like there were no other good teams in 2007. Before anyone says Richmond well they are just a good ordinary side that got lucky by getting to play 3 home finals last year, despite finishing 3rd on the ladder. They have also had a very soft start to the year this season by only having to play one top 8 side from last year, no surprises they got spanked in that game.

I know that many supporters from our club as well as opposition supporters will disagree with me, but I tell it like it is regardless of what others think.

The only thing that could possibly stop us from winning this year's flag is if our injury crisis somehow gets even worse, but with no injuries from our past 2 games, things are looking up in the medical room and all I can say to the supporters of 17 other teams is that you should book your September holidays now if you haven't already booked them.

KC cannot be one of us. Just can't.
Stop posting these threads FFS.

giphy.gif

Say what you want but this Geelong team is an unstoppable juggernaut much like the Geelong 2007 team was. Conceding a mere 32 points against premiership favourites GWS and a meager 45 points against a highly fancied Collingwood on their home soil over the last 2 weeks is no mean feat. It's blatantly obvious that something has clicked with this Cats team, much like how the 2007 team clicked after round 5.

After we lost to Sydney in round 6, the team was slammed for being lazy, the lack of defensive midfield pressure in particular was highlighted in the media. It's fair to say that a few home truths were told internally following that loss, much like the home truths that were told following the round 5 2007 loss to North Melbourne.

Scary to think that this team has so much quality sitting in the stands due to injury/suspension, just wait until we get those players back. Hawkins, Menzel, Parfitt, Scooter, Cockatoo, Henderson and Cam Guthrie all best 22 players that didn't play today.

We have the list profile that has the right ingredients to create a dynasty as well. There's so much quality youth coming through down at the Cattery right now that it's scary just how good this team can be over the coming years, and there's more highly rated father sons coming through the system for us too.

There are no other good teams this year, much like there were no other good teams in 2007. Before anyone says Richmond well they are just a good ordinary side that got lucky by getting to play 3 home finals last year, despite finishing 3rd on the ladder. They have also had a very soft start to the year this season by only having to play one top 8 side from last year, no surprises they got spanked in that game.

I know that many supporters from our club as well as opposition supporters will disagree with me, but I tell it like it is regardless of what others think.

The only thing that could possibly stop us from winning this year's flag is if our injury crisis somehow gets even worse, but with no injuries from our past 2 games, things are looking up in the medical room and all I can say to the supporters of 17 other teams is that you should book your September holidays now if you haven't already booked them.
The correct comparison is 2005/6 eagles. ridiculous midfield carrying an average team.

At any point during this huge novel did you stop and think "maybe im going early here?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get off the turps FFS.

Congratulations you beat up a injury depleted Collingwood side with no captain, no forward line and no bench who haven't been a top 8 side in year's. But in saying that I think a three peat for the cat's is on the horizons for sure. No doubt about it %100.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back