Geelong 2018 = Geelong 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Was this post fair dinkum? I'm a Cats fan, but even i know how crap we are, have known it all bloody year. I'm just glad the season is over and look forward to whoever they sack as players and whoever gets the soon to be vacant coaching gig!

Have you changed your tune after yesterday's win?

Without reading it all and just going off the title, do you believe this Geelong team is in par with 2007?

Definitely, although our team this year has taken until the 2nd last round of the season to finally click, rather than round 6 which is when the 2007 side clicked.

Yesterday's demolition of Fremantle reminded me of the round 6 2007 demolition of Richmond in a lot of ways.

Definitely, although our team this year has taken until the 2nd last round of the season to finally click, rather than round 6 which is when the 2007 side clicked.

Yesterday's demolition of Fremantle reminded me of the round 6 2007 demolition of Richmond in a lot of ways.
Except Selwood, Ablett and Danger are older.. And the rest of your squad won't be hall of fame inductees

Sure, the opposition the past few weeks hasnt been great. But dominant wins will give the side confidence. Going into the finals as one of the form sides of the comp. Will be hard to beat from here.

Sure, the opposition the past few weeks hasnt been great. But dominant wins will give the side confidence. Going into the finals as one of the form sides of the comp. Will be hard to beat from here.

Disagree. They have had two very soft kills on there "unique" ground. If they play say the Hawks who bring there pressure game and will go into shock. I predict they will lose there final.

tumblr_om3ugd52kb1rc40z5o1_500.gif

Need to start moving on older players. Apart from Dangerfield and Duncan. Who are nearing 30. Selwood, hakwins, Ablett, Taylor, Henderson 30+ next year.

Won’t win a flag with this team. Need to start the transition now like hawthorn did or suffer a big vortex when they all finish or can’t perform at a level that benefits the team.

Hawks have set the standard here and others need to follow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But wait, we all love watching the old Handbaggers do what they do best.....fail.
Holy trinity classic.

Need to start moving on older players. Apart from Dangerfield and Duncan. Who are nearing 30. Selwood, hakwins, Ablett, Taylor, Henderson 30+ next year.

Won’t win a flag with this team. Need to start the transition now like hawthorn did or suffer a big vortex when they all finish or can’t perform at a level that benefits the team.

Hawks have set the standard here and others need to follow.
This comment is stupid you can do a rebuild how you want and not everyone has Clarkson as their coach for a quick rebuild. Geelong are missing a few puzzle pieces to jump back up the ladder.

With what has fallen into their laps in the last few years, arguably the best core of midfield ever assembled, they would have to be the biggest underachievers since Essendon 99-01. If they don’t win a flag while the holy trinity is in place, they will be.

With what has fallen into their laps in the last few years, arguably the best core of midfield ever assembled, they would have to be the biggest underachievers since Essendon 99-01. If they don’t win a flag while the holy trinity is in place, they will be.

Three midfielders, no matter how good, do not make a team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back