Geelong 2020 = Dad's Army.

Geelong 2020: Too old & decrepit to win the Premiership?

• Yes.

• No.

• They were too old & decrepit this year, by next season it'll be a shitshow.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Spin it however you want it, Hawfies have the oldest current list, oldest best 22
GEELONG HAVE THE OLDEST LIST AND OLDEST BEST 22

(hopefully capitals aid your reading comprehension, check yourself if you don't believe me)

GEELONG HAVE THE OLDEST LIST AND OLDEST BEST 22

(hopefully capitals aid your reading comprehension, check yourself if you don't believe me)
You seem to be struggling with this so I've circled the important parts for you

1571265203213.png

A Self Pwn Above does it again.

You seem to be struggling with this so I've circled the important parts for you

1571265203213-png.766494
List compiled BEFORE Hawthorn loses Roughead, Birchall, Mohr, Mirra, Schoenmakers & possibly Puopolo, and before Geelong added Steven & Jenkins.

Geelong list is now comfortably older than Hawthorn's.

List compiled BEFORE Hawthorn loses Roughead, Birchall, Mohr, Mirra, Schoenmakers & possibly Puopolo, and before Geelong added Steven & Jenkins.

Jenkins will enjoy Geelong's pre-season camp a lot more than Adelaide's.

I presume it includes knitting, lawn bowls and a lovely cup of Horlicks before bedtime at 8pm sharp.

So if Geelong reach 27 average H&A age next season -as seems likely- that will them put them into the Oldest Premiership Never category. 😆

Geelong in the PF was 26 years 167 days. 6 months later makes it 27 years. That and also the expected changes would be

Out: 30yo Lachie Henderson In: 31yo Tom Hawkins
Out: 25yo Tim Kelly In: 30yo Jack Steven
Out: 24yo Tom Atkins for 28 yo Mitch Duncan

Only makes them even older. Not sure who Jenkins or Rohan would come in for.. but likely for someone younger

Lol wrong again. They are CURRENT 2020 lists. Hawfies are so old they still use ICQ

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol wrong again. They are CURRENT 2020 lists. Hawfies are so old they still use ICQ

We haven't announced our delistees yet so that list bears no relevence to 2020. Remove Mohr, Schoenmakers, Mirra, Minchington & possibly Poppy and we are significantly younger.

s**t even 27 year old Will Langford is still on that list - he won't be on it next year.

One bizarre unrelated fact gleaned from that list - James Sicily weighs only 77kg, less than Tom Scully. :eek:

Last edited:
We haven't announced our delistees yet so that list bears no relevence to 2020. Remove Mohr, Schoenmakers, Mirra, Minchington & possibly Poppy and we are significantly younger.

s**t even 27 year old Will Langford is still on that list - he won't be on it next year.

One bizarre unrelated fact gleaned from that list - James Sicily weighs only 77kg, less than Tom Scully. :eek:
Geelong hasn't finalised their list either m8

So we’ve basically established two things here -
Geelong will have the oldest list making finals.
Hawks will have the oldest list missing finals.
Riveting..
Ah the old BigFooty adage, it is better to be young and s**t rather than old and good. Or in Hawfs case old and s**t.

Geelong hasn't finalised their list either m8
Geelong's average age won't change much since the only players over 26 you'd consider delisting are Fort (26), Abbott (28) and possibly Henderson (30). The rest of your oldies are firmly entrenched in your best 22, that's the problem.

Its also why the average age of the entire list doesn't tell the full story. Best 22 average age is what matters and yours will be way above everyone else.

Hope you're okay with your football club staking everything on 2020. ;)

Geelong's average age won't change much since the only players over 26 you'd consider delisting are Fort (26), Abbott (28) and possibly Henderson (30). The rest of your oldies are firmly entrenched in your best 22, that's the problem.

Its also why the average age of the entire list doesn't tell the full story. Best 22 average age is what matters and yours will be way above everyone else.

1 Wingard?
2 Patton?
3 Omeara?
4 piccolo?
5 bruest?
6 frawley?
7 Smiss?
8 Scully?
9 henderson?(lol)
10 stratton? (lol)
11 mcevoy?
12 ceglar?
13 gunston?
14 Mirra?
15 burgoyne??????????????????????????????

Pls explain campaigner. You can't even make finals with 15 geezers. With these upcoming delistings I tip you to fall into a fissure in the ground

Last edited:
1 Wingard?
2 Patton?
3 Omeara?
4 piccolo?
5 bruest?
6 frawley?
7 Smiss?
8 Scully?
9 henderson?(lol)
10 stratton? (lol)
11 mcevoy?
12 ceglar?
13 gunston?
14 Mirra?
15 burgoyne??????????????????????????????

Pls explain campaigner. You can't even make finals with 15 geezers. With these upcoming delistings I tip you to fall into a fissure in the ground
Post on your main account or don't waste my time Vesty.

Post on your main account or don't waste my time Vesty.

Nice melt maite :thumbsu: I see you have no problem sitting in ivory glassed house. Hawks about to fall into Marina trench and not a destination club unless being gws trashcan :p

Last edited:

* me. You could build an ark with all that dead wood.

Cats have hit the draft hard the last 3 years and have a massive haul for the next 2 years.

hawks have Worpel and a bunch of project players picked in the 80s.

Hawks have zero depth.

Back