Club Focus Geelong 2021 - Stengel, Ceglar, Conway, Knevitt, Willis, Kroeger, Whyte

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong club focus thread

Data from footywire. To check the draft order (updated weekly) see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

1. Rhys Stanley 2021 https://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/836629/tuoh-cats-extend
10. Ben Jarvis 2021 Ben Jarvis Article Link
11. Josh Jenkins 2021 Josh Jenkins Article Link
15. Nathan Kreuger 2021 Nathan Krueger Article Link
18. Charlie Constable 2021 http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2018-06-01/stewart-signs-on
19. Quinton Narkle 2021 Quinton Narkle Article Link
20. Oscar Brownless 2021 Oscar Brownless Article Link
23. Gary Rohan 2021 Gary Rohan Article Link
25.Lachie Henderson 2021 Lachie Henderson Article Link
29. Cameron Guthrie 2021 http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2018-06-19/guthrie-brothers-sign-on
31. Francis Evans 2021 Francis Evans Article Link
39. Zac Guthrie 2021 Zac Guthrie Article Link
41. Cameron Taheny 2021 Cameron Taheny Article Link
43. Stefan Okunbor 2021 Stephan Okunbor Article Link
45. Bradley Close 2021 Brad Close Article Link

This is the list we curate on the GFC board for contracts for 2021.

I dare say the footy wire details are a little behind.

Go CAtters

1. Rhys Stanley 2021 https://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/836629/tuoh-cats-extend
10. Ben Jarvis 2021 Ben Jarvis Article Link
11. Josh Jenkins 2021 Josh Jenkins Article Link
15. Nathan Kreuger 2021 Nathan Krueger Article Link
18. Charlie Constable 2021 http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2018-06-01/stewart-signs-on
19. Quinton Narkle 2021 Quinton Narkle Article Link
20. Oscar Brownless 2021 Oscar Brownless Article Link
23. Gary Rohan 2021 Gary Rohan Article Link
25.Lachie Henderson 2021 Lachie Henderson Article Link
29. Cameron Guthrie 2021 http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2018-06-19/guthrie-brothers-sign-on
31. Francis Evans 2021 Francis Evans Article Link
39. Zac Guthrie 2021 Zac Guthrie Article Link
41. Cameron Taheny 2021 Cameron Taheny Article Link
43. Stefan Okunbor 2021 Stephan Okunbor Article Link
45. Bradley Close 2021 Brad Close Article Link

This is the list we curate on the GFC board for contracts for 2021.

I dare say the footy wire details are a little behind.

Go CAtters
I can duplicate the sheet if you want to update it instead of letting footywire do it. Some of the other club-focus threads have a team supporter updating.

Also if you do that you might as well take the whole spreadsheet back to the Geelong board if you want it (idk if you already have something like that)

I can duplicate the sheet if you want to update it instead of letting footywire do it. Some of the other club-focus threads have a team supporter updating.

Also if you do that you might as well take the whole spreadsheet back to the Geelong board if you want it (idk if you already have something like that)

We do.

See the OP. I've been doing it since Pure_Ownage retired as a GFC mod.

WE only use club links for validation to contract length where possible.

Go Catters

We do.

See the OP. I've been doing it since Pure_Ownage retired as a GFC mod.

WE only use club links for validation to contract length where possible.

Go Catters

That's what we have on the Essendon board too, but a poster (Duckworth) keeps it up to date :p I can duplicate the spreadsheet and give you the editable version if you want. then when you update your thread you can update the spreadsheet so it's accurate?

It's not too difficult, there's a spreadsheet at the back you just type stuff into it and the formulas do the rest

That's what we have on the Essendon board too, but a poster (Duckworth) keeps it up to date :p I can duplicate the spreadsheet and give you the editable version if you want. then when you update your thread you can update the spreadsheet so it's accurate?

It's not too difficult, there's a spreadsheet at the back you just type stuff into it and the formulas do the rest
im sure i can * that up in 3 easy steps

Go Catters

Tough one for cats this year with lack of draft picks and probably half dozen should be let go but cant see that happening, so every club show us what you have in the over 30 range please...

We have three seconds, by our standards that is a lot of good picks.
Any other draft I'd take it but most casual observers seem to be chopping off their phantoms at 30 at the longest stretch. There's 2 father sons early plus a couple of academy kids in the 2nd round.

With the lack of visibility on most of these kids the risk we carry in those selections seems more equivalent to the risk of picks in the 50s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any other draft I'd take it but most casual observers seem to be chopping off their phantoms at 30 at the longest stretch. There's 2 father sons early plus a couple of academy kids in the 2nd round.

With the lack of visibility on most of these kids the risk we carry in those selections seems more equivalent to the risk of picks in the 50s.

Sure we always pick players who have some risk - since we never have good picks anyway.

You'd think Geelong is in prime position to trade some of those draft picks to Bulldogs and perhaps Pies to help their father/son selections. Richmond, Hawks & Adelaide of course would be rivals for that trade into the first round.

Happily would get more picks in the 20-40 range for expendables that aren't going to take us forward.
narkle may want out and Parfitt should be trade bait.
Parfitt should not be trade bait unless he's getting a Godfather free agency offer and we finish bottom 4. Outside that keep.

Parfitt should not be trade bait unless he's getting a Godfather free agency offer and we finish bottom 4. Outside that keep.
Can't stand him. Get rid.

Careful you could pull an adductor with a knee jerk like that. Perfectly acceptable 3rd mid.
Wanted him out since the '19 prelim.

Dithers on the ball.
Poor decision making.
No kick penetration.
Rarely stands up against good opposition.

Move him on.

Happily would get more picks in the 20-40 range for expendables that aren't going to take us forward.
narkle may want out and Parfitt should be trade bait.

Gee throw out a young player who was the one guy who really stood up around the contest in a big final and one of our few mids who actually defends. Great plan. If anything we should be giving Parfitt significantly more midfield time.

Gee throw out a young player who was the one guy who really stood up around the contest in a big final and one of our few mids who actually defends. Great plan. If anything we should be giving Parfitt significantly more midfield time.
He was crap like the rest.

I’ve listed my reasons, the attributes that let him down. Geelong fans vastly overrate him. He has limited influence in most games.

Cool he got 21 touches on Friday. 57% effectiveness, same hospital kicks. Same dithering on the ball.

This is a great idea, let's trade our best young midfielder.
If he is our best young midfielder we need immediate midfield stimulus through the draft. He’s decidedly averafe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back