Geelong 2022 are statistically the most dominant team since Geelong 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

There's no way this is the best team since Geelong's '07 team. Just from the same club alone the '08-'11 teams were far better, Hawks had a few decent teams in the past decade since too. David King loves pulling out a random stat and shoehorning that as the most important thing ever, it used to be contested ball and clearance for a while before Hawthorn sucked at it and won premierships. We're the best at moving the ball from back 50 to forward 50 - definite premiers!

You don't think they are piss easy double ups?
Well our average winning margin against Saints, Port and the Dogs was less than our average winning margin against Melbourne.

Freo also struggled to beat both Port and the Dogs. And your average winning margin against the Saints was 2 points betters than ours.

So are Freo pretenders?

There's no way this is the best team since Geelong's '07 team. Just from the same club alone the '08-'11 teams were far better, Hawks had a few decent teams in the past decade since too. David King loves pulling out a random stat and shoehorning that as the most important thing ever, it used to be contested ball and clearance for a while before Hawthorn sucked at it and won premierships. We're the best at moving the ball from back 50 to forward 50 - definite premiers!
No way at all. It's not even like for like.

In 2007 with 2 less teams and 13 less games than the 2022 season so far, the comp scored 2266 more points than teams have this year.

Clearly it was harder to defend scoring in 2007.

The team playing bottom 8 teams almost exckusively at their under 10s stadium with that has no wings is the best at transitioning out of defense.

COLOUR ME SURPRISED

The team playing bottom 8 teams almost exckusively at their under 10s stadium with that has no wings is the best at transitioning out of defense.

COLOUR ME SURPRISED

Exclusive now equals 38 per cent of games.

Interesting.

Equally interesting is that we have played less games against bottom 8 sides than we have against the other teams.

One in the bottom 2 finished 9th last year, another in the bottom 10 that we doubled up against was leading the grand final last year, another was in the 8 until we knocked them out of it.

Again, explain to me if they wanted to rig the draw for us, why they don’t give us 11 home games.

You seem more than happy to point out all these coincidences that support your fancy theory but not prepared to address the cut and dried facts that fly in the face of it.

So answer the question.

Why if they want us to win don’t they make it even easier by forcing the big sides to play at Geelong. Why are they trying to rig it for a side who’s impact on the league’s finances is going to be more or less the same whether we are winning or not. Why have they suddenly started giving us an easy draw now after giving us one of the hardest draws year on year for the last decade.

Come on, put your money where your mouth is and answer the question.
I've already answered it. I even added the information regarding Melbourne and Brisbane in support.

If I'm reading this right you either don't see the cake-walk the fixture was for Geelong, or are just not prepared to acknowledge it.

Either way, I can't see the point in having a 'discussion' if the sole proposition can't be acknowledged.

So do you see the easy fixture? Come one, answer the question.

Well our average winning margin against Saints, Port and the Dogs was less than our average winning margin against Melbourne.

Freo also struggled to beat both Port and the Dogs. And your average winning margin against the Saints was 2 points betters than ours.

So are Freo pretenders?
huh? What on earth are you talking about?

Please quote where I mentioned Freo, or back out.

I've already answered it. I even added the information regarding Melbourne and Brisbane in support.

If I'm reading this right you either don't see the cake-walk the fixture was for Geelong, or are just not prepared to acknowledge it.

Either way, I can't see the point in having a 'discussion' if the sole proposition can't be acknowledged.

So do you see the easy fixture? Come one, answer the question.

You hadn’t even asked one until now so I don’t know what I was supposed to be answering. All you did was share a preschool level tinfoil theory.

We got a reasonably easy fixture that has been made easier by the fact that the dogs, port Adelaide, and eagles have all fallen away. That’s not the AFL’s fault, or Geelong’s.

The dogs made the grand final and port Adelaide finished second in the home and away season. Do you think the heavies at the afl got together and stole Uncle Rico’s time machine and went forward to round 22 2022 and had a peek at the ladder to see who would drop off?

You haven’t answered anything mate.

All you’ve done is said ‘look at the ladder the AFL rigged it for them.’

So tell me, again, why did they rig it for Geelong, why did they do so by doubling us up against the Dogs and Port, as well as two sides who finished 9/10 last year, if they were so desperate for us to win?
Tell me why they are desperate for us to win?
And tell me why they won’t give us 11 home games if they are so desperate for us to win?
And tell me why after a decade of generally getting a draw somewhere between 1-4 for difficulty, they have not done this before now.

Stop dodging it and put your money where your conspiracy is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One in the bottom 2 finished 9th last year, another in the bottom 10 that we doubled up against was leading the grand final last year, another was in the 8 until we knocked them out of it.

Again, explain to me if they wanted to rig the draw for us, why they don’t give us 11 home games.

You seem more than happy to point out all these coincidences that support your fancy theory but not prepared to address the cut and dried facts that fly in the face of it.

So answer the question.

Why if they want us to win don’t they make it even easier by forcing the big sides to play at Geelong. Why are they trying to rig it for a side who’s impact on the league’s finances is going to be more or less the same whether we are winning or not. Why have they suddenly started giving us an easy draw now after giving us one of the hardest draws year on year for the last decade.

Come on, put your money where your mouth is and answer the question.

Hasn't got that much money.

Ranking last season of the teams we have played twice:

Combined ranking of 44.
Each team gets 5 double ups.
There are 18 teams in the competition.
The average 2021 ranking of teams we’ve played/will play twice:

Gee if I didn’t know better I’d say the AFL gave us double ups against a ranking that would slot just above the halfway point of the 2021 ladder.

But what does maths know, right?

You really don’t like people asking you to justify your position do you
I've justified my position (twice) and added further information.

If you would like to discuss Freo, there are plenty of threads I'd be happy to jump over to.

Feel free to tag me, or maybe answer the question - do you think it was an easy fixture?

‘Here’s what’s going to happen. Every team has to play every other team once, right? And has to play 5 teams twice, right? So to ensure we rig the competition for Geelong, we will double them up against a sequence of teams, based on all the available information we have, that will be statistically slightly harder than the average.’

Sounds like a great plan.

Ranking last season of the teams we have played twice:

Combined ranking of 44.
Each team gets 5 double ups.
There are 18 teams in the competition.
The average 2021 ranking of teams we’ve played/will play twice:

Gee if I didn’t know better I’d say the AFL gave us double ups against a ranking that would slot just above the halfway point of the 2021 ladder.

But what does maths know, right?
In terms of flag contenders, Brisbane and Geelong did the best; the Lions are in a similar boat to Sydney, drawing three 2021 finalists as double-ups but two of them are GWS and Essendon.

The Cats only play two 2021 finalists twice (though they’re good ones, Port Adelaide and the Western Bulldogs), and get two games against wooden spooners North Melbourne.

Fox Sports - December 9th, 2021 3:31 pm

But, it's all just hindsight right?

I've justified my position (twice) and added further information.

If you would like to discuss Freo, there are plenty of threads I'd be happy to jump over to.

Feel free to tag me, or maybe answer the question - do you think it was an easy fixture?

No you haven’t. Your position is that there is a conspiracy to rig the draw to help Geelong win.
You’ve been shown statistically that you’re wrong, and haven’t once explained why they would do that.

So I’ll ask a fourth time.

Why are they doing it? The legal system as I understand it relies heavily on establishing a motive for the alleged infraction.

You haven’t stated what that motive is.

Nor have you explained how the AFL managed to know 6 months ahead of time what the round 22 ladder would look like.

Please address these queries

In terms of flag contenders, Brisbane and Geelong did the best; the Lions are in a similar boat to Sydney, drawing three 2021 finalists as double-ups but two of them are GWS and Essendon.

The Cats only play two 2021 finalists twice (though they’re good ones, Port Adelaide and the Western Bulldogs), and get two games against wooden spooners North Melbourne.

Fox Sports - December 9th, 2021 3:31 pm

But, it's all just hindsight right?

Oh wow! If Fox sports have addressed 60 per cent of the teams we doubled up against, and stated that 66 per cent of THOSE teams were actually very good last year, you must be correct!

No you haven’t. Your position is that there is a conspiracy to rig the draw to help Geelong win.
You’ve been shown statistically that you’re wrong, and haven’t once explained why they would do that.

So I’ll ask a fourth time.

Why are they doing it? The legal system as I understand it relies heavily on establishing a motive for the alleged infraction.

You haven’t stated what that motive is.

Nor have you explained how the AFL managed to know 6 months ahead of time what the round 22 ladder would look like.

Please address these queries
My goodness - do you even read what is posted?

Yes - No Melbourne or Brisbane is pretty glaring. But that's not what I asked.

Do you think it was an easy fixture?

There are two answers, what do you think before the season starts, so opinion founded upon last year's form and projected form based on preseason events.
The other is after the season is over, and with hindsight analyze how good the opposition turned out to be, and what was their form/injury status at the point of the season the game was played.
Using a term like 'piss easy' is a very subjective oversimplification.
The latter is particularly useless unless you're for something, anything to use as a troll.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back