News Geelong 2022 retro guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

It looks to be darker with the wool look finish, I would guess that will be used against North as they dont have a dark clash jumper currently.

Apparently to be used against Melbourne

So North either planning to wear indigenous jumper or we want to wear our reverse jumper at home?

Buttons that don't actually button up... something about that really annoys my brain.
Agree, they've just taken a good concept one step too far. You're not going to see them on TV and when you have the jumper up close they will look like s**t, no need for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Yes they are printed on, in a contact sport like ours I am guessing actual buttons would be dangerous.

AFL Badge is embroidered on instead of printed this why it looks so different.

Buttons where on the jumper in 1963 so can see the theory behind it, will look good on ground from a distance, but up close not so sure.

Hmmm - put the 2 ideas together maybe. To get a 3D effect embroider on cotton "buttons"

I think they should have used the old left over right v neck, as opposed to the button collar. Perhaps they should have had the stripes surrounding the number square too. Tonight’s version is a number square within a number square. We either had the true square surrounded by stripes or the modern one. We never had two number squares

Appreciated the white socks, thought a box around the Ford logo would have been a nice touch

CXc2EcNUAAA7k5i

Remove this Banner Ad

Back