Club Focus Geelong 2022 - Bruhn, Bowes, Henry, Clark, Foster, Murdoch, Riccardi, Clohesy, Mullin

AFL Club Focus
Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Mar 27, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Will lose Selwood, Higgins and Dahlhaus at season’s end. Smith might go one further year depending on how this season goes.

We’ll need to continue to build our young midfield stock, bring in a young KPD as well as a KPF for Hawkins who probably has 2 years left. Ratagolea or Neale might be that player but we’ll need another option.

Will lose Selwood, Higgins and Dahlhaus at season’s end. Smith might go one further year depending on how this season goes.

We’ll need to continue to build our young midfield stock, bring in a young KPD as well as a KPF for Hawkins who probably has 2 years left. Ratagolea or Neale might be that player but we’ll need another option.
The reality is there's no replacing Selwood. We just have to try cope with what we have. Higgins and Dahlhaus no loss and while I like Smith I think we can cover his loss while a kid develops.

KPD yes but no KP forwards please. We need to get games into the kids we have.

O'Connor, Neale, Dempsey, Conway and Holmes have all signed new deals.

Good news although i would have liked neale to sign for longer given hawks age i still feel neale is a flight risk. Holmes and conway key retentions.

Of the rest of ooc guys higgins and dahl will retire,narkle delisted. Selwood hawkins tuohy and smith all likely sign 1 year deals, rohan 50/50 depending on list spots (which will be tight). Evans stevens and simpson still unsigned and possibly in danger.

Duskfire

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Good news although i would have liked neale to sign for longer given hawks age i still feel neale is a flight risk. Holmes and conway key retentions.

Of the rest of ooc guys higgins and dahl will retire,narkle delisted. Selwood hawkins tuohy and smith all likely sign 1 year deals, rohan 50/50 depending on list spots (which will be tight). Evans stevens and simpson still unsigned and possibly in danger.

Evans surely gets a contract? he has shown some. Would prefer to keep him than Rohan.

Evans surely gets a contract? he has shown some. Would prefer to keep him than Rohan.

We have a squeeze for list spots because atkins and close are both still on the rookie list and have to be elevated at years end so thats 2 senior list spots we would need.

E.g. i think dahl higgins and narkle are dead certs to go but they get replaced by atkins close and say bruhn. 3-3 =0 so we would still have to delist/trade say 3 more players to take 3 picks in the draft.

Evans stevens (nick)and simpson (although i rate him) would be the obvious ones in danger unless we have unexpected retirements (eg rohan or some other over 30) or a contracted player (eg sav)gets traded. Evans might end up delisted and re-rookied.

Which recycled/mature age gun are they going to pull out of their hat this year and make the whole league look stupid

Not sure we will take any in that bracket as such this year (although i would love to see us draft ethan phillips) probably bruhn+ henry (if he wants to come) and draft some kids.

Is Menengola cooked or with a clean run out is he expected to be another good contributor next year?
I think he has a couple of good years in him but I think he won't push Max Holmes out of the side, even if Max is injured i think it's even odds they start giving Ollie Dempsey a run on the wing in the seniors ahead of bringing sam back in. If another team finds a spot for him he's gone

Is Menengola cooked or with a clean run out is he expected to be another good contributor next year?

Hard to say because i dont have the info to know what state his knee is in.
But if he gets that right he is best 22 for mine just had too many issues with the knee and by the time he was back the side was settled.
That said given his age and him being ooc next year if another club offered him a longer deal now and he wanted to go im sure we wouldnt stand in his way.

I think he has a couple of good years in him but I think he won't push Max Holmes out of the side, even if Max is injured i think it's even odds they start giving Ollie Dempsey a run on the wing in the seniors ahead of bringing sam back in. If another team finds a spot for him he's gone

Hes contracted and too good a player to delist (has always been best 22 until his injury this year and was borderline AA 12 months earlier) so is likely to be here unless he wants to go. But given his age and good service if he gets a better deal elsewhere and asks to go we wont make him stay. But it would have to be driven by him and i doubt he will want to go or that a club would offer him a big enough contract to entice him.

Hes contracted and too good a player to delist (has always been best 22 until his injury this year and was borderline AA 12 months earlier) so is likely to be here unless he wants to go. But given his age and good service if he gets a better deal elsewhere and asks to go we wont make him stay. But it would have to be driven by him and i doubt he will want to go or that a club would offer him a big enough contract to entice him.
I didn't say we'd delist him. Just that he would likely not be first choice b22 like he has been since 2017ish. I just wouldn't be surprised if an Essendon or a North made him an offer that he took.

I didn't say we'd delist him. Just that he would likely not be first choice b22 like he has been since 2017ish. I just wouldn't be surprised if an Essendon or a North made him an offer that he took.

Im not against the idea but i cant see a rebuilding team going for him because of his age (31 next year). It would only be a finals team wanting to add a piece to take them further that would look at him (this is assuming hes interested in a trade).

Narkle the first to depart. Delisted.

Not unexpected. Higgins already retired,dahlhaus will be retire or delist and i expect trades for evans and esava. Then retirements to follow.

Back