Club Focus Geelong 2022 - Bruhn, Bowes, Henry, Clark, Foster, Murdoch, Riccardi, Clohesy, Mullin

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

No surprise in the delisting other than Dalhaus hasn't been named yet and with Skip to retire will make 8

No surprise in the delisting other than Dalhaus hasn't been named yet and with Skip to retire will make 8

Dahl will retire and selwood likely will.

Will make it
Senior list spots
Out (narkle stevens evans higgins selwood dahlhaus)
In (atkins close)
4 spots free pending trades

Rookie list
3 spots available cat a
2 spots avail cat b

Simpson the only player left without a contract assuming the old guys sign on.

Retired: Selwood, Higgins
Delisted: Evans, Stevens, Tsapalotis, Narkle, Williams

Remaining:
  • Dahlhaus - likely retire
  • Hawkins - Will sign for one more
  • Rohan - unsure, possibly retiring
  • Z. Guthrie - re-sign
  • Tuohy - has stated wants to play on
  • Simpson - Surprised he wasn't delisted due to ongoing concussion issues

From the story I read, it seems we delisted him to make him attractive to other suitors as a DFA, rather than as a trade...
Couldn't get any interest last year as a trade so it was only right to delist him and make getting onto a list easier for him if he is able to

Retired: Selwood, Higgins
Delisted: Evans, Stevens, Tsapalotis, Narkle, Williams

Remaining:
  • Dahlhaus - likely retire
  • Hawkins - Will sign for one more
  • Rohan - unsure, possibly retiring
  • Z. Guthrie - re-sign
  • Tuohy - has stated wants to play on
  • Simpson - Surprised he wasn't delisted due to ongoing concussion issues

Dahlhaus confirmed retirement this morning so we are up to 6 senior list spots now (4 once atkins and close get elevated).

I thought rohan already had a contract for 2023.
Tuohy hawkins and smith all sound like they will go on.
Simpson is 50/50 might be kept or delisted.

With players potentially trading in, we won't have too many list spots available for drafting this year, so it's very likely we'll try to either

a) Package up a bunch of later picks for a single pick this year
b) Exchange this year's picks for equivalent 2023 picks.

Apart from Brisbane, are there any other clubs who'd be crying out for pure points in 2022?

With players potentially trading in, we won't have too many list spots available for drafting this year, so it's very likely we'll try to either

a) Package up a bunch of later picks for a single pick this year
b) Exchange this year's picks for equivalent 2023 picks.

Apart from Brisbane, are there any other clubs who'd be crying out for pure points in 2022?

Essendon is probably the only other one that might need points but the daveys wont probably get bid early enough for that to be an issue.
We would love option a) ie package up all our later picks for a top 25 pick for the henry/bruhn trade but i doubt its likely.
Option b) swapping them for 2023 r2s/r3s is more likely.

Dahlhaus confirmed retirement this morning so we are up to 6 senior list spots now (4 once atkins and close get elevated).

I thought rohan already had a contract for 2023.
Tuohy hawkins and smith all sound like they will go on.
Simpson is 50/50 might be kept or delisted.

Can we rookie Simpson? Can play, can't get on the park.

Need to draft some talls this year.

Can we rookie Simpson? Can play, can't get on the park.

Need to draft some talls this year.

Yes we might delist re-rookie simpson depends how many list spots we have after trade. We might only have only 2 nd picks this year but i agree we need to get talls at both ends.

As a general comment we are in a decent spot list wise, considering all the pending retirements. Quite a few young players drafted in the past few years.

AFL team is strong and Bruhn/Henry fill the hole mid/forward created by the three retirements.

Glaring issue is the lack of KPP depth.

Do we need to take three live picks to the draft though? I am not up with the rules.

No rookie elevations count among the three picks so as we are elevating close and atkins we only have to take one ND pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a general comment we are in a decent spot list wise, considering all the pending retirements. Quite a few young players drafted in the past few years.

AFL team is strong and Bruhn/Henry fill the hole mid/forward created by the three retirements.

Glaring issue is the lack of KPP depth.

Yep i agree i rate our crop of young mids (particularly with bruhn added) and our defence is very good but given none of stanley ceglar hawk or sav will probably be there in 2024 and blitz will be 33 we need to add some spine talls over the next 2 years. Obviously sdk is a star and i rate both conway and neale but we need more kpp still.

Hmm interesting. So the rest we can package up and try to improve 2023 or sweeten existing plays. Nice position to be in thanks to Close and Atkins.

Correct which is what we will do take 1 or 2 nd picks plus clohesy in ND or as a cat b if he gets through. Trade our later picks in player trades and for futures as we will have more retirements next year and therefore more list spots.

clubs still have flexibility on rookie / primary lists I believe but if they get all targets it would look something like this:

6 spots currently:
Pick 7
Bowes
Henry
Bruhn
Atkins
Close

3 rookie picks (or could take extra senior picks)

Everything else resigned.

clubs still have flexibility on rookie / primary lists I believe but if they get all targets it would look something like this:

6 spots currently:
Pick 7
Bowes
Henry
Bruhn
Atkins
Close

Sam Simpson re-signed yet?

6 spots currently:
Pick 7
Bowes
Henry
Bruhn
Atkins
Close

Thats about right which is why we will only take 1-2 picks.

Sav might free up another spot via trade.

Exactly what will happen

Probably..i dont think we will let simpson go altogether but i think we will delist and re rookie him..due to the concussion issues i doubt another team would jump in first.

18 --> 7
Bruhn, Bowes and Henry. All for picks within 2nd and 4th rounds.
Hold on to F1.

Well done Andrew Mackie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back