GDFL Geelong and District Football League - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Well McGrath played in Hepburns flag last year. Clarke and Gundry both played 1's last year. Still haven't told me who the darley 2's player who won our league b&f is though. Oh and just so you know, Spoznar is a Bell Park 2's player who got dropped from the seniors in our comp and jarryd king and sexton both played in Darley 2's losing grand final in 09 and came to Hepburn, on very good coin in 2010. Anything else you want shot to pieces?

WOW! You really got him good. Pity you got most of your facts wrong christmas pudding. Neither King nor Sexton played in any Grand Final for Darley in 2009, King was a senior footballer at Darley and a very handy 1. The McGrath who played in Hepburns flag is not the same McGrath there this year, that is to say they are different people with the same surname. A bit like Gary Ablett and Gary Ablett only different. Just like you aren't the fat bloke in a red suit who comes down the chimney once a year, that would be Father Christmas not lloyd. Anything else you want shot to pieces? No need to mention Josh Coy as it's already been covered!

Here's another 1 for you hacks. Lee Cox and Leigh Brown would kick 400 goals each in your comp. In the same team. In fact if they were the only 2 in the team they would still manage 300 each. Guaranteed. Don't bother argueing because I know I'm right. I'm using the same logic as you peanuts based your assertions that Murphy would kick 150 in the CHFL and a 350kg garbage disposal unit would kick 100 - EASY.

By the way Finnigan I agree that Murphy can play, just not to the level that some of the up themselves dropkicks on here make out.

WOW! You really got him good. Pity you got most of your facts wrong christmas pudding. Neither King nor Sexton played in any Grand Final for Darley in 2009, King was a senior footballer at Darley and a very handy 1. The McGrath who played in Hepburns flag is not the same McGrath there this year, that is to say they are different people with the same surname. A bit like Gary Ablett and Gary Ablett only different. Just like you aren't the fat bloke in a red suit who comes down the chimney once a year, that would be Father Christmas not lloyd. Anything else you want shot to pieces? No need to mention Josh Coy as it's already been covered!

Here's another 1 for you hacks. Lee Cox and Leigh Brown would kick 400 goals each in your comp. In the same team. In fact if they were the only 2 in the team they would still manage 300 each. Guaranteed. Don't bother argueing because I know I'm right. I'm using the same logic as you peanuts based your assertions that Murphy would kick 150 in the CHFL and a 350kg garbage disposal unit would kick 100 - EASY.

By the way Finnigan I agree that Murphy can play, just not to the level that some of the up themselves dropkicks on here make out.

So a McGrath that played 2's for Darley played in the 2010 flag? What a strong comp you've got there :rolleyes: whether they same same or different, he was 2's then played 1's in the best side in your comp.
Is that the same Josh Coy that was leading goal kicker at Torquay in a premiership side in the Bellarine? The same Josh Coy that played in the East seniors flag in 09 & played in this years reserves flag at East? The Josh Coy who had a compound fracture of his femur at 20 after 2 years in Darley seniors & played a few games in the ressies when he made his comeback 18 months later? Yeah thats proved a point. Go back to your own rubbish page. Oh and you spruik about Cox, yeah a gun footballer but you can get very, very good footballers to play when you offer them $1,500 a game. Money well spent to come 2nd

So a McGrath that played 2's for Darley played in the 2010 flag? What a strong comp you've got there :rolleyes: whether they same same or different, he was 2's then played 1's in the best side in your comp.
Is that the same Josh Coy that was leading goal kicker at Torquay in a premiership side in the Bellarine? The same Josh Coy that played in the East seniors flag in 09 & played in this years reserves flag at East? The Josh Coy who had a compound fracture of his femur at 20 after 2 years in Darley seniors & played a few games in the ressies when he made his comeback 18 months later? Yeah thats proved a point. Go back to your own rubbish page. Oh and you spruik about Cox, yeah a gun footballer but you can get very, very good footballers to play when you offer them $1,500 a game. Money well spent to come 2nd

I guess murphy & skroba are playing for love of the game. Money well spent to come 2nd.

I guess murphy & skroba are playing for love of the game. Money well spent to come 2nd.

Not $1,500 a game and Skrob is the coach, Murph the assistant. There would be no player at Hepburn is playing for love. Darley 2's players get $300-$400 a game. Throw McKay in on his $1,500 too. Over half the GDFL players are unpaid, but I suppose you gotta fork out the big bucks to get blokes to play up there huh?

Not $1,500 a game and Skrob is the coach, Murph the assistant. There would be no player at Hepburn is playing for love. Darley 2's players get $300-$400 a game. Throw McKay in on his $1,500 too. Over half the GDFL players are unpaid, but I suppose you gotta fork out the big bucks to get blokes to play up there huh?

Over half gdfl players unpaid is the funniest thing i heard in a while!! Thanks for making my day you idiot

Gee poor Josh. Still played 2s at Darley then won your league B&F. PFFFT. Says a lot about your league.
Cox was only an example. There would be 3 or 4 from every CHFL team, even Illabarook that would kick 400 down there.

Gee poor Josh. Still played 2s at Darley then won your league B&F. PFFFT. Says a lot about your league.
Cox was only an example. There would be 3 or 4 from every CHFL team, even Illabarook that would kick 400 down there.

Josh Coy won a league B&F? Really? I love when *******s like you have no idea what you're talking about. Do you mean Ryan Coy? Who never played at Darley or ever played 2's anywhere? Goose. Remember when Brian Stynes won the 91 Brownlow? Oh what, he has a brother? Get a clue you brain dead parasite. Stick to your budget league with your mud hole grounds and we'll stick to ours and we'll enjoy our status as an interleague playing comp. Bye now xxx

Josh Coy won a league B&F? Really? I love when *******s like you have no idea what you're talking about. Do you mean Ryan Coy? Who never played at Darley or ever played 2's anywhere? Goose. Remember when Brian Stynes won the 91 Brownlow? Oh what, he has a brother? Get a clue you brain dead parasite. Stick to your budget league with your mud hole grounds and we'll stick to ours and we'll enjoy our status as an interleague playing comp. Bye now xxx

HaHa you're getting better. So ok I'm a ******* for mixing up the brothers but it's alright for you to claim King and Sexton played in a 2s GF at Darley when they did not. Maybe it was Kings brother. maybe it was a completely different King who is no relation. GOOSE. And the fact that a bloke that played 2s at Darley then played in a flag at Hepburn is an indicator of how weak the CHFL is but a bloke that played 2s at Darley then played in a flag at East means nothing? Oh thats right he only played 2s because he had a sore leg. So is CHFL a budget league or we have to pay big money to get blokes to play? Which is it? Didn't you say over 1/2 the players don't get payed down there? I'd say it's because it's a budget league nimrod. But you play interleague. Gee I guess that wins it for you. HAHAHA. You really are a poor struggling nobody aren't you champ. I must admit I'm getting such a laugh at your bumblings that I can't wait to read them. Keep em coming.

HaHa you're getting better. So ok I'm a ******* for mixing up the brothers but it's alright for you to claim King and Sexton played in a 2s GF at Darley when they did not. Maybe it was Kings brother. maybe it was a completely different King who is no relation. GOOSE. And the fact that a bloke that played 2s at Darley then played in a flag at Hepburn is an indicator of how weak the CHFL is but a bloke that played 2s at Darley then played in a flag at East means nothing? Oh thats right he only played 2s because he had a sore leg. So is CHFL a budget league or we have to pay big money to get blokes to play? Which is it? Didn't you say over 1/2 the players don't get payed down there? I'd say it's because it's a budget league nimrod. But you play interleague. Gee I guess that wins it for you. HAHAHA. You really are a poor struggling nobody aren't you champ. I must admit I'm getting such a laugh at your bumblings that I can't wait to read them. Keep em coming.
As someone who has played a lot of senior footy in both leagues, and watched a lot I will give you an educated opinion.

The type of football played in each league is different. The GDFL plays a more attacking brand of game with a lot of focus on attack. It is not as physical as the CHFL but is a bit quicker.

The CHFL play more inside football and a bit more straght up and down however it is more more physical in a general sense.

In my opinion the reason for this is the conditions that each play in. The GDFL play in much better conditions than the CHFL. It is generally not as wet (or cold) and the grounds are in better condition because of it.

There is a lot more money in the CHFL than the GDFL. GDFL teams might be paying 6 blokes whereas the equivelant CHFL team would be paying 8 and they would be getting a bit more. The numbers getting payed go up as you get higher up the ladder. I am speaking from experience here both as a player and administrator in both leagues.

Overall I think the competitions are very even with the top 3 CHFL teams being on par with the top 2 from the GDFL. After that the GDFL would drop away a bit quicker however in a game between Geelong West and Illabrook I would back West.

In regard to players crossing leagues. Over the years there haven't been that many however I could name a number of guys who have played equally as well in both or been poor in one or the other. I dont think this can be used to judge the level of the league as I could also name you guys who have come from better leagues into both the CHFL and GDFL who have been crap.

King and Sexton both spent time in the reserves at Darley in 09 and yeah Daniel King not Jarryd. At least I didn't claim a league B&F was way out. I'd call Josh Coy a Bellarine premiership player when he came to East, not a Darley 2's but whatever helps you sleep at night. I mean budget as in terrible, not poor. Like an ugly bitch, you go oh she's budget. Much like every ground in your comp. I wouldn't walk my dog on any ground in your league but keep spruiking that you're a great league. Maybe one day when the VCFL deems you acceptable for an interleague berth, this myth can be dispelled. Oh look at us, Cox plays here and Darley ressies kill it up here. We arent good to play against other leagues, but we are really good. Anyway babe, I'm off. Have fun trolling Big Footy looking to inject yourself into other leagues pages that mean nothing to you. I envy your life princess xxxx

King and Sexton both spent time in the reserves at Darley in 09 and yeah Daniel King not Jarryd. At least I didn't claim a league B&F was way out. I'd call Josh Coy a Bellarine premiership player when he came to East, not a Darley 2's but whatever helps you sleep at night. I mean budget as in terrible, not poor. Like an ugly bitch, you go oh she's budget. Much like every ground in your comp. I wouldn't walk my dog on any ground in your league but keep spruiking that you're a great league. Maybe one day when the VCFL deems you acceptable for an interleague berth, this myth can be dispelled. Oh look at us, Cox plays here and Darley ressies kill it up here. We arent good to play against other leagues, but we are really good. Anyway babe, I'm off. Have fun trolling Big Footy looking to inject yourself into other leagues pages that mean nothing to you. I envy your life princess xxxx

Haha great reading nimrod!! Goodbye

P.s tmg is the best!!

Have we got a little something going on here that I don't know about? That's 7 kisses now!

Our councils have a no dogs policy on sports grounds. It's a hygiene thing so you you are correct on this 1 at least - you wouldn't walk your dog on any of our grounds.

Never have I spruiked that CHFL is a great league, you are spruiking that it's a "budget" or terrible league and any forward from down there would kick 150 a year up here. Cox is no good and the fact that Jarryd King went from Darley as an established and well performed midfielder in a league playing div 1 interleague is a pointer to how "budget" the comp is - because he played a couple of 2s games. But the same doesn't apply to Coy who played 2s at Darley. According to you interleague is what you judge the strength of a league on? Even if you do play against a league with about 3 good teams and the rest dying a slow death - And lose. But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Drago's post is very accurate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never once claimed Cox was no good and nor did I claim Murphy would kick 150. I simply refuted suggestions he would struggle and only kick 30 goals. Josh Coy came to East as a senior Bellarine premiership player and hadn't been at Darley for 2 years prior.
Ps I didn't realize we played Central Highlands in interleague?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back