GDFL Geelong and District Football League - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Brayden Smith won at Werribee Centrals Brenden Chugg second

Where ya wheelybin?
Great effort from Brayden. Great kid and well done to Leatchy to get Brayden motivated again and playing good footy. Gets the big jobs every week. Was a junior b&f at the club but looked like he was losing interest. Now a senior b&f which don't get handed to anyone. Well done. Any whispers out at galvin park Wheelybin?

BPH v east this week. Who will win?

Is there any chance werribee or inverleigh will win next week and prevent a BPH east grand final?

BPH for me with inverleigh to face east next Saturday for a spot in the big one.

BPH v east this week. Who will win?

Is there any chance werribee or inverleigh will win next week and prevent a BPH east grand final?

BPH for me with inverleigh to face east next Saturday for a spot in the big one.

After watching east last weekend they look like a side with a point to prove!! I think they get the nod over BPH this week, as for werribee im unsure, they looked flat surely not a side that finished 3rd on the ladder! Werribee got belted last year and came back and won a prelim against east by 1 point. So im sure we cant write them off yet. All in all gonna be a cracker of a weekend i think

Where ya wheelybin?
Great effort from Brayden. Great kid and well done to Leatchy to get Brayden motivated again and playing good footy. Gets the big jobs every week. Was a junior b&f at the club but looked like he was losing interest. Now a senior b&f which don't get handed to anyone. Well done. Any whispers out at galvin park Wheelybin?

Leatch has stepped down, they have a new coach from hoppers i dont no his name just his nickname. I have been told Leatch will just play next year. They have picked up 3-4 more players from hoppers all over 30. They were to slow at st.albans and now they have added more old has beens from hoppers.
Why dont they give there kids a go like inverleigh
Over 30 players from yesterday game. Leatch, hardingham, chugg montgomery, burke, kitchen and simmons (who didnt play due to injury) and then bray calbert rosenzweig lovell and hall i dont no there age but most be late 20's early 30's

Leatch has stepped down, they have a new coach from hoppers i dont no his name just his nickname. I have been told Leatch will just play next year. They have picked up 3-4 more players from hoppers all over 30. They were to slow at st.albans and now they have added more old has beens from hoppers.
Why dont they give there kids a go like inverleigh
Over 30 players from yesterday game. Leatch, hardingham, chugg montgomery, burke, kitchen and simmons (who didnt play due to injury) and then bray calbert rosenzweig lovell and hall i dont no there age but most be late 20's early 30's

Hall is 22... Sure you got the right guy?? He played jets only 4 years ago

Sorry my bad. he looks older than 22

I have also heard the appointment of a new coach though, aswell as alot of departures. Cant confirm though, just hear say for now. Any truth to some of the younger stars of the comp being seriously looked at by gfl clubs??

I have also heard the appointment of a new coach though, aswell as alot of departures. Cant confirm though, just hear say for now. Any truth to some of the younger stars of the comp being seriously looked at by gfl clubs??
Which club is the coach appointment with?

Can inverleigh upset east and make the grand final against the boys from tge hill? I think they may but I would be backing east to get up.

Does either team have anyone that can compete with Jovanovic in the air? He looked unstoppable from what I saw on Saturday. Also they have Tarr I think it is who gets the 2nd defender. Not to mention Grgic. Very imposing forward line for the panthers

Luke "Bomber" Phipps will coach werribee, and will have some class players coming with him. regardless of age, the recruits will def add to the centrals depth, esp in the back half.

"bomber played for Williamstown, and has won flags at Hoppers.....and the recruits have VFA exp also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke "Bomber" Phipps will coach werribee, and will have some class players coming with him. regardless of age, the recruits will def add to the centrals depth, esp in the back half.

"bomber played for Williamstown, and has won flags at Hoppers.....and the recruits have VFA exp also.

Yes the new players come from a high standard, but they r OLD. Disco would be late 30's, They brought in camilleri at the start of the year great footballer in his day but is to OLD
Play the youth or they will keep walking 2 wrfl div 2 were they will play in the seniors.

Yes the new players come from a high standard, but they r OLD. Disco would be late 30's, They brought in camilleri at the start of the year great footballer in his day but is to OLD
Play the youth or they will keep walking 2 wrfl div 2 were they will play in the seniors.

Rumours are werribee may lose some young senior players from this year aswell. Brayden smith looking at going country with some mates and afew other young players looking to play with more friends at whyndamvale.

disco just turned 30.
if you live in werribee, you have three clear choices where to play - Centrals (get paid, but travel every second week) Werribee ammo's (no pay, travel every second week) hoppers ( get paid, furthest travel in 25 mins away)
the natural progression is hoppers > centrals, unless you play for fun with your mates @ ammo's.

the other clubs in the area are junk , Glenorden div2 next year and wyndhamvale div 2.

and if cammo didnt get injured i think you would see a completely different werribee still in the finals.

Again i disagree. They need some pace up forward not another slow marking player. We will just agree to disagree on werribee. I think they should look at there youth not bring in has beens that r looking to top up there bank accounts from hoppers.

Again i disagree. They need some pace up forward not another slow marking player. We will just agree to disagree on werribee. I think they should look at there youth not bring in has beens that r looking to top up there bank accounts from hoppers.

Im not diagreeing with you about what werribee need, i think pace not only forward but in the middle would give them a better chance than this year, but to rubbish players that havent played a game yet is a bit much. a lot of stuff going on at hoppers that indicates its not just a case of Centrals running a Retirement Village, and i think you will see that. my point about the options for players in and around werribee still stands though. Werribee Ammos are getting a lot of the junior talent in the area, and the other clubs are fighting over the scraps.

Cammo played 5 games for 10 goals, and three times named in the best. In the game he got injured (against us) they were leading until he went down. certainly between himself and Lovell they were keeping our ruck rotation of Symes and Barton busy. and i think if you asked leatchy, it wasnt a matter of head hunting cammo, he just got the urge back and called a mate for a gig.

Werribee is a retirement village and from what im hearing will need to get every 30 yr old they can get their mitts on. Sounds like we are about to see a huge turn over of players. But it is silly season where everyone likes to float their own name around to feel wanted, but with half of centrals kids already gone to wyndhamvale with a few up bush you cant afford to lose ellis smith todaro and quarrier.

from what i know of both Clonan and Phipps is they are bot 30 yo and both made the team of the year 1 or 2 years ago in the WRFL, so dont think they are going to centrals to retire still in the best most weeks at hoppers.

i know a few of the guys at hoppers and have been told a few 22-23 year olds are following both of them to centrals, i have been told names though will not write this on here as it might not be all 100% though if true these young blokes will be very good players in the GDFL as they are regular 1s players in the WRFL.

from what i know of both Clonan and Phipps is they are bot 30 yo and both made the team of the year 1 or 2 years ago in the WRFL, so dont think they are going to centrals to retire still in the best most weeks at hoppers.

i know a few of the guys at hoppers and have been told a few 22-23 year olds are following both of them to centrals, i have been told names though will not write this on here as it might not be all 100% though if true these young blokes will be very good players in the GDFL as they are regular 1s players in the WRFL.

2012 season is a long way away, and until the dust settles on this year, we may aswell say that all teams need to change to beat the top two. if there is any team that has the right mix currently would be Inver, more experience is all they need to push on to the last game of the year.

congrats to both teams this weekend, clearly the best sides in the comp for the last 5 years.

2012 season is a long way away, and until the dust settles on this year, we may aswell say that all teams need to change to beat the top two. if there is any team that has the right mix currently would be Inver, more experience is all they need to push on to the last game of the year.

congrats to both teams this weekend, clearly the best sides in the comp for the last 5 years.

Massive call about inverleigh, they have 7-8 good young players who carried them all year, there forward line is older and hickelton cant play forward and back! trotter wont be around for much longer!! Still have to buy alot more players as was shown by east on the weekend!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back