Geelong and the umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2009
Bull Creek WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Real Madrid, Man City, GS Warriors
Another close game another win to Geelong at GMHBA Stadium with some questionable calls with Tom Hawkins gifted a goal by the umps.

Poor umpiring dictated tonight’s game as well.

Straight after the poor Hawkins non call, Close was pushed in the back inside 50 and the umps let it go. Swings and roundabouts.

Straight after the poor Hawkins non call, Close was pushed in the back inside 50 and the umps let it go. Swings and roundabouts.
To be fair, that was probably a conscious effort to level things up after the game was decided with the worst decision this season. The Close call was obvious but the Hawkins push was 100 times more obvious so God only knows what the umpire was seeing/not seeing.

2 years in a row the call has gone the cats way!
Fagan did very well in the presser.

I’m looking forward to the cats copping it in a big game just to see Scott sook it up.

Worst decision of the year that non free to andrews against Dawkins, there was another blatant in the back not paid to Adams 5 minutes earlier also against Dawkins. In each incident including the throw by Blicavs last year the umpire was like 4 metres away with clear view of the incident, so this smells a bit fishy to me

I thought tht the umpires gave this game to Geelong with two unpaid pushes in the back by Hawkins to give him marks in front of goal, and a free kick to him for holding where there was none. But nobody is allowed to criticize umpires now.

I thought tht the umpires gave this game to Geelong with two unpaid pushes in the back by Hawkins to give him marks in front of goal, and a free kick to him for holding where there was none. But nobody is allowed to criticize umpires now.
That first one by Hawkins was no worse than McStay earlier in the quarter.

What about Zorko jumping in front of Hawkins in the second quarter I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look at the sort of half chest push they paid against hogan in the dockers game, it’s totally different too outstretched hands directly in the back that Dawkins gets away with

No he wasn't.

He tried to milk it by diving forward, but the Lions player avoided falling into his back.

Good non-decision.
And what about McStay in the back of DeKoning? It’s swings and roundabouts. The Hawkins non decision had no bearing on the outcome of the game except that Cats won by 10 and not 4. As Fagan said, “the best team won on the night”

That first one by Hawkins was no worse than McStay earlier in the quarter.

What about Zorko jumping in front of Hawkins in the second quarter I think.

Swings and roundabouts, but the haters will never see it that way

People are just sick of us being at the top end of the ladder year after year. It can't be that we've recruited well with a middling set of draft picks, or that our coaching staff is excellent, or that our professionalism and good team culture makes us an attractive destination for players crossing from other teams, that explain our continued success. It can only be an AFL conspiracy to look after us for some unknown reason.

And what about McStay in the back of DeKoning? It’s swings and roundabouts. The Hawkins non decision had no bearing on the outcome of the game except that Cats won by 10 and not 4. As Fagan said, “the best team won on the night”
That has nothing to do with whether umpires are s**t or not.

That's an entirely different discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back