Geelong and Umpires: Time for a Royal Commission?

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpires didn't make Rayner spray what should have been absolute sitter out on the full tonight, nor did umpires make Hipwood miss what should have been an absolute sitter in the corresponding match last year.

What's that, you say?

Optics?

r0_0_800_600_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

4f8393511b0b4566d4a74df30e64ac4aae5a8b2f.jpg

Two whole free kicks less, wow diddums

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The free kick had nothing to do with any of it, if anything Geelong should've won by 4 or 5 goals, the stats were well in favour of the Cats and the marks inside 50 prove that. The message Fagen will give to Andrews is don't look around and then stop and prop!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's too late!

Geelong's masterplan to infiltrate the umpiring ranks with our plants is on track and nearing completion. Keep up the good work, Steve Hocking!

I, for one, look forward to free-kick counts of 35-3 the Cats' way. Soon, soon...

Steve, Brad, Chris... One hand washes the other. It's the Geelong way.

Suffer in your jocks.

Last edited:
Yeah everyone knows its bullshit, everyone saw it coming.

Nothing will change

Two whole free kicks less, wow diddums

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I hate this. Idiots simply go “free kick count had two more” when looking deeper into where they were given / not given tells a much clearer picture of the story.
How many were missed in D50? How many were given in F50? How many resulted in scores? This is the data we should be able to access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get this thread is made in jest, so that’s ok but I can’t believe the carry on elsewhere considering less than a minute later Close was not awarded a clear in the back free inside 50 and minutes later Hosge described the Andrews push which wasn’t paid to Blicavs as payback.

Unbelievable how Hawkins creates so much attention to a singular incident over a whole match full of poor umpiring.

Unbelievable how Hawkins creates so much attention to a singular incident over a whole match full of poor umpiring.
Didn't watch the game, so I'm not going to comment on the umpires as a whole, but Hawkins pushes in the back a lot and seemingly rarely gets pinged for it.

Having said that, I note that Geelong had what, 10 more scoring shots? Brisbane were just lucky Cats couldn't kick straight.

if Harris Andrews actually tried to stand up in the contest he may have been rewarded. Unfortunately for him it was an obscenely soft effort that made it look like he was staging. Ump didn’t fall for it, play on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back