Geelong and Umpires: Time for a Royal Commission?

Remove this Banner Ad

We going to mention Harris Andrews doing the exact same thing a few minutes later and no call? or at least mention Brad close not getting the easiest pushed in the back call of the night 40 Mtrs out from goal only 30 seconds later?
Sure.
The Andrews one, if it's the video posted on the previous page, looked to me like he pushed him in the side, not the back, and with less force. Don't think there's a free there.
The Close one I don't think was in the back. Was maybe 50/50 at best, but I'd prefer they didn't call those ones. He kind of rolls off him before they hit the ground and the tackler also lands on his knees, which kind of stops him from landing directly in his back. I don't think we want those paid as in the back as general footy fans, do we? There'd be an extra dozen in the back calls every game.
The litmus test for me, when it's my team, is to look at the replay (we always get caught up in the emotion of the moment when it happens live) and swap the teams around. If that was a Geelong player doing the tackling, would you really want that paid as in the back?

The irony of a Bulldogs fan starting this. You legit won a flag thanks to umpiring.
Yep. The Bulldogs are such a financial powerhouse that the AFL could not ignore us and had to help us out.

Why are you deflecting from the topic at hand though?

Yep. The Bulldogs are such a financial powerhouse that the AFL could not ignore us and had to help us out.

Why are you deflecting from the topic at hand though?
I thought it important to highlight that you as a Bulldogs supporter are in no position to be calling for a Royal commission. I'm sure you'd agree, given you've experienced favourable umpiring that sometimes you just get the rub of the green. I also should add however that whilst we perhaps came out on the right side of the umpiring in the 2nd half, the 1st half the Lions had their fair share of calls go their way. Further to that, we completely controlled the game and if not for errant kicking, would have won comfortably.

Just heard on the TV: "The NAB Grand Final is brought to you by NAB"

Sometimes it isn't worth stating the obvious, which is the feeling I get reading this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This happens every year, Cats get a few umps-assisted soft home wins, finish top 4 undeservedly, then flounder in the finals. Every year.
I agree with what you’re saying if you change umps to being the only team in Victoria with a home ground. But that’s our right and the rest of you ingrates happily moved away. Suck it up and be thankful we don’t get 11 games and home finals like the interstate clubs otherwise we could’ve cemented a grand final spot in every season of the past 15 years. Probably would’ve lost 10 though.

🤣

Welcome to Geelong:- now flag free for over a decade and just 3 flags in the last 60 years.

Even North has a better record.

Great 👏work 👏Catters👏👏
What the fcuk is it about Richmond supporters and their incessant obsession with Geelong? I stopped worrying about Richmond in 2021... for obvious reasons

What the fcuk is it about Richmond supporters and their incessant obsession with Geelong? I stopped worrying about Richmond in 2021... for obvious reasons

I didn't know it existed until the last few years. I think its from Richmond supporters who remember the late 80s early 90s where they almost always never won a match against Geelong and Ablett Snr always had a field day kicking record scores. I could understand this grudge i guess, just weird that it still exists with their more recent successes, so seems to be some residual grudge that will never go away, oh well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back