Review Geelong beat Doggies by 5 points and break their hearts.

Nov 24, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Check back in 5 more years!

Yep, Enright did it for longer which is the only reason I've been reluctant to put Stewart at the same level. But barring injury, there is no reason why Stewart can't keep at this level for plenty more years. And, other than the collarbone last year, he's looked durable enough.

Stewart was AA in his second year of AFL at 25 years of age, and is a monty for his 3rd AA this year (would also have been AA last year if not for the collarbone, which would have made it 4 in a row this year). Enright was 26 when he won his first of 6 AAs. So Stewart is well and truly on track to match Enright there.

That saiad, the 2 B&Fs (in premiership years, no less) to Enright is quite compelling though.

Play it Sam

Cupcakes are muffins who believed in miracles
Jun 25, 2013
Medicoland
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Replayaholics
Last 2 minutes : Apart from the phenomenal work of Stewart and Danger at HB it was the fantastic never say die skills of Atkins that cleared the ball, then the desperate lunge of Dahl to create a grubber bullies kick. Then Selwood the mighty, Issy cool head. Rohan the Viking.

So a slower than usual Danger, Atkins and Dahl and previously Rohan have been perennials on this forum's chopping block.

Narkle receives just an also ran's pass.

Just shows you never really know.

Again, I can’t believe how good Henry is becoming. He is on the verge of being a complete beast KPP. All from a speculative local rookie pick. 🤯

May 8, 2006
Melborne
AFL Club
Geelong
The gutsiest of wins, led by the gutsiest Captain. An A grader down from early, very sore players everywhere and some key players underdone. Against a quality, committed side this win can’t be overrated. Although nearly every player made errors (not hard in dewy conditions under huge pressure) everyone contributed.

A 9 out of 10 game by Stewart (whom BT described as becoming ‘a reliable player’). Superstar.

Was getting worried about Danger at Half Time, but willed himself into it and some of the beast returned.

Henry, Smith, Menegola and Cameron the other stand outs. And Rohan for that finish of course.

Nov 24, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Look in your heart TheWoodenSlug - you know the answer to this.

What makes Polly Farmer a Geelong Legend despite 'only' playing 98 games for the club?

I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or not tbh! :p

I think you are? I.e. Polly is a legend because he was just so good. Didn't need to play 300+ games to prove it.

Or have I missed your point?

As per Scott - Duncan has a knee injury that kept him out of the game

Scott isn't going to speculate on the severity, but believes it's on the lower end though it was enough to stop him playing on

bigfarter

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Again, I can’t believe how good Henry is becoming. He is on the verge of being a complete beast KPP. All from a speculative local rookie pick. 🤯

Watching his improvement this season has been really exciting. I'd actually never considered that he'd become better than a good player -and that's no knock, I thought he'd be a solid part of our defence for the next decade or so. Suddenly this year he's looking like he could become an elite defender. Loved watching him forego the spoil and just outmark Naughton in the first half.

Sep 15, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or not tbh! :p

I think you are? I.e. Polly is a legend because he was just so good. Didn't need to play 300+ games to prove it.

Or have I missed your point?

Stewart needs a Flag to be a Geelong Legend despite an abbreviated career (and leapfrong/match the likes of Corey Enright), is my opinion ..

Play it Sam

Cupcakes are muffins who believed in miracles
Jun 25, 2013
Medicoland
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Replayaholics
A couple of others

Ken Newland 1972 v Coll - only kicked a point but it was enough - amazing game that - Geel were about 10 goals behind at h/time at KP and were last on the ladder or just about and Coll were on top of the ladder

And the best ever was probably round 1 1967 again against Coll at KP - Bill Ryan who was a terrific high flying CHF - but had a terrible ball drop - his kick after the siren missed - some Coll players were jumping for joy - weve won weve won - however the umpire said he went over the man on the mark - hes getting a 15 metre penalty and another kick - and he didnt miss with the 2nd one

Yes thanks for the reminder, I was there for all on seeds list, fox replayed the Brownless one tonight.
There for the Newland one was great, you prompted my memory.
but can't remember Bill Ryan's -may have been knocked out by a Collingwood supporter. Haha. Did the umps escape unharmed?
Bill Ryan! Sounds amazing-back in the day when we hosted them all, they were the days pressed up against the Moorabool Street fence, like sardines, crowds soccer-like with no perception of safety.

vegemite

Senior List
Sep 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Ok. Time to cry out for some bews love. Makes some mistakes sometimes. Skills not perfect. But I reckon we underrate his ability to dodge, weave, break lines abd ultimately create scoring opportunities. In the first half today, he created so many opportunities that many would not have been capable of. This is not a one off. He belongs. Well done Bewsy

CatsDoItBetter

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
A couple of injury issues but a very rewarding win. Will be interesting to see how they manage a replacement for duncan. I thought Narkle was poor tonight looked like he wasn’t running hard enough. But I’d still give him first crack at replacing Duncan’s midfield time.
Or they could restructure it a bit by putting O’Connor in there. Such a pity that Krueger couldn’t get through the vfl game today because there’s a role for him in the team.

Kyuss

Club Legend
Aug 3, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Ok. Time to cry out for some bews love. Makes some mistakes sometimes. Skills not perfect. But I reckon we underrate his ability to dodge, weave, break lines abd ultimately create scoring opportunities. In the first half today, he created so many opportunities that many would not have been capable of. This is not a one off. He belongs. Well done Bewsy
His attack on the ball is second to none.
Time and time again he will win a contest just because he wants it more. It's a great trait to have.

Back