Review Geelong beat Doggies by 5 points and break their hearts.

Remove this Banner Ad

If that gets any more than a fine it's a complete joke, the only reason it's even been picked up and made in to a discussion point is due to opposition supporters wanting to find reasons to a) justify their intense hatred of Selwood and b) detract from the praise for his match-winning tap on.

So you think eye gouging, punching and stomping defenceless players is ok?? Seriously? That’s ok on the footy field? Selwood clearly thought what he was doing was hidden from view. It was as deliberate and as crude as anything you would see on the footy field.

Toby Greene did something pretty similar albeit more crude on Bont a couple of years back, so the Bulldogs faithful are pretty sensitive to this kinda s**t. So give us some grace if you think we going over the top.

So you think eye gouging, punching and stomping defenceless players is ok?? Seriously? That’s ok on the footy field? Selwood clearly thought what he was doing was hidden from view. It was as deliberate and as crude as anything you would see on the footy field.

Toby Greene did something pretty similar albeit more crude on Bont a couple of years back, so the Bulldogs faithful are pretty sensitive to this kinda sh*t. So give us some grace if you think we going over the top.

“Eye gouging, stomping and punching”? Get yer hand off it

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Toby Greene did something pretty similar albeit more crude on Bont a couple of years back, so the Bulldogs faithful are pretty sensitive to this kinda sh*t. So give us some grace if you think we going over the top.
No evidence of eye gouging. The fact no one is injured and no fight broke out indicates no eye gouging. Jst cos the footage is vague doesnt mean you get to pretend what happened is what happened.

And stomping? Are you on drugs? Durye should be finEd for staging on that one. Massive delayed reaction.

The so called punch was a love tap to the head. Its the only thing that should be looked at.

Last edited:

I don't think its ok. But the "stomping" one is a non event. You wouldn't have said that if totally serious.
Toby Green usually doesn't get weeks for that stuff does he?
I know Tom Lynch didn't get weeks for his silly s**t.
Selwood will get a fine like everyone else. It's all good.

Drama queen has to make s**t up now.

Eye gouging lol. Dumbarse.

And losing your footing, and stepping on an opponents leg while off balance is stomping now? 😂😂😂😂

Doggies fans taking the crown as the biggest pack of sore losers on bf. And i thought the tuggers couldn’t be topped.

one of your best posts ce.

Often you do not know what you have or had... till its gone. With Joel one can anticipate that things are going to be very different in 3 years. A unique human.

I've never seen a player come close to his ability to sense the moment and will his team at least back into a contest that is going pear shaped and almost always turn it into to win. The greatest competitor I've ever seen and it ain't close. Players have been as tough and players have been able to use their skill to change games like him but no human on god's contact sporting earth that I have seen comes close to him for the combination of the two.

Add to that his ridiculous sense of timing of when to change the game by his sheer will. Maybe that's it. No one has ever had Joel Selwood's will to win! I ******* love him. Onya BoyWonder my favourite cat ever and it ain't close!

It’s just a really bad look. Selwood, the esteemed captain of Geelong doesn’t need to do it. His intentions aren’t the ball, they are clearly the man. Your kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Sure the stomping “may” have been an accident and there “may” not have been any contact to the eyes and his punch “may” not have been of any significant force, but the intention was absolutely there.

If Bont pulled this s**t, I’d be ******* furious.

It’s just a really bad look. Selwood, the esteemed captain of Geelong doesn’t need to do it. His intentions aren’t the ball, they are clearly the man. Your kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Sure the stomping “may” have been an accident and there “may” not have been any contact to the eyes and his punch “may” not have been of any significant force, but the intention was absolutely there.

If Bont pulled this sh*t, I’d be ******* furious.

tenor.gif

What was the Bailey Dale incident?

When he viciously curb stomped him on his leg, which left the limb hanging by a thread, or so it seemed judging by the outcry from opposition fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

0 weeks. Selwood has more premiership cups than your entire club.

I think I am starting to understand you. Your team lost but you’re a super competitive person, so you’re hoping to “win” the MRO battle. Well, your team lost both .

You must've absolutely hated watching Tony Liberatore running around for you guys then.

It's such a shame for those bitter types. Selwood has had such a long career of greatness it is their loss if they fail to appreciate it.

Its just aussie tall poppy syndrome.

If he was skipper of a bottom four club for his entire career do you think he would be hated or loved?? He would be “ mr good guy” robert murphy style.

Aussies are notorious for tearing down sustained successful figures in sport with jealousy

No worries mate, if you think what he did is cool and would have no problem if someone did that, to say your kid on the footy field, then good luck to you.

Anyway, I’ve said my piece. We’ll see you later in the year

E98EDE9B-B11E-48E1-A75A-4A35F5414B27.jpeg

#rolemodel

Yep that’s exactly how it goes. Think it’s also because he’s tied to Geelong’s extended period of success. Some people are so sick of Geelong because they won’t go away, and he is inextricably connected to the past 14 years- he’s been the leader of the pack for lot of that time. So they have lost plenty of games to Geelong and they need to have someone to ‘blame’ for that.
I have plenty of non Geelong friends who just love him, wish he played for them etc, so there is some sanity out there.

I have to say I would be absolutely ******* sick of us as well. I have a mate who can't stand us (and admits it is) simply because he predicted we just had to slide about 5 years ago and in his words we just will not ******* go away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back