Review Geelong beat Doggies by 5 points and break their hearts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Flicking at a few oppo boards last night - and was their alot of hate for the Cats - not that i could careless

But one stat i saw ( Swans board ) which i thought was worth repeating - Geelongs record since 2004

294 wins 122 losses and 3 draws

They are sensational numbers - hell of alot of wins - chuck in the flags as well - brings alot of joy that

Looking at Selwood's win/loss record and comparing him to Gordon Coventry, who played in the 4-peat era and when the Pies were a 75% win team essentially. Joel has played in 323 games compared to Gordon's 306, and has had 17 more wins, five more losses and four less draws. As a Cat fan from the mid 70's when wins were at best a 50/50 prospect, it's been an enjoyable ride, notwithstanding a few finals frustrations in the last few years.

Yep, that completely sucked balls.
I played against your Douggie and Brian Wilson and his 2 brothers, and Robert Gronewegen when they were at Braybrook. I have a great fondness for the Dogs. One day our coach at Deer Park had fisticuffs with Braybrooks coach off the ground because he called one of our players a kicker. Both teams ran from the ground and it was on. The crowds too.
As you can see, you can't take the Westy out of the boy. Polly Farmer made my support choice for me.
It was a tough game of footy Friday and a hard game to lose.
Understand your passion

Have you seen their board?? They have a hatred of geelong, which i feel comes from the top down.

They are taking it much worse than the loss to richmond or melbourne despite being much closer. Can recall them reacting similar over the years losing to us also

They could just be jelly of the unique stat that existed at the time they won the Flag in '16......they were the only Premier to have an existing 10-game losing streak to a fellow club at the time of winning the GF. That club being Geelong. Perhaps memories of '76, 92, 94, 95 and '08 when Geelong ended their finals campaigns too play a part.

And if you take a gander at AFL Tables, awesome site of stats, when you see the Dogs win/loss ratios against all other clubs, you'll see Geelong be the club that is the second least defeated by them. Almost to a T the clubs starting in 1925 or earlier have in order Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon as their major nemesis. But the Cats cast a shadow over the Dogs that must concern their fans.

Last edited:

No worries mate. Just trying to measure how far the goal posts have moved before deciding if I should even bother.
just cos you cut out the reasoning doesn’t mean it’s not there. Your point was eviscerated.

if kolo has 700 metres gained, 27 disposals and 13 intercepts then I’m not going to give a sh*t if he has 4 goals kicked on him. He could have 7 kicked on him at it would still be a win.

Last edited:
That was one of the biggest efforts to ever win a flag, "Bradbury" just not accurate.
Yeah, but probably would never have happened if the AFL hadn't handed them an extra week to get their players back before finals. It's got question marks all over that cup, from that decision to the interesting interpretation of umpiring rules.

just cos you cut out the reasoning doesn’t mean it’s not there. Your point was eviscerated.

if kolo has 700 metres gained, 27 disposals and 13 intercepts then I’m not going to give a sh*t if he has 4 goals kicked on him. He could have 7 kicked on him at it would still be a win.
By that reasoning you must have loved watching someone like Jason Johannisen playing off half back, regularly gaining 7 or 800m, along with his 15 clangers and 4 or 5 goals kicked on him, but clearly in the best couple on the ground with those figures. Thank god you’re only a rank n file punter like me and not a coach of any description.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I played against your Douggie and Brian Wilson and his 2 brothers, and Robert Gronewegen when they were at Braybrook. I have a great fondness for the Dogs. One day our coach at Deer Park had fisticuffs with Braybrooks coach off the ground because he called one of our players a kicker. Both teams ran from the ground and it was on. The crowds too.
As you can see, you can't take the Westy out of the boy. Polly Farmer made my support choice for me.
It was a tough game of footy Friday and a hard game to lose.
Understand your passion
It is hard not to laugh in horrified amazement at ‘those days’. Was almost a civic duty to ‘fly the flag’ in the 70s and before. Glad not tolerated now - community and VFL footy could be a scary and dangerous place back then.

Last edited:
“All over them early” and “on their back” inspirational stuff 😂

Yet it was the team in the hoops came away with the 4 points, and Dahlhaus kept up those words all night especially in that last minute when he made sure that Cordy didn't get an easy clearing kick

Not surprised to see Ryan Gardner down there. Aaron Naughton lol!
Henry totally on top of that match up before Naughton went off injured - wonder if Naughton kinda faked the injury so that he wasn't embarrassed across all 4 quarters

Yet it was the team in the hoops came away with the 4 points, and Dahlhaus kept up those words all night especially in that last minute when he made sure that Cordy didn't get an easy clearing kick
Was honestly a great setup by the cats forwards because it seemed like Dahlhaus had lost another one on one to Cordy there when he beat him to the ball and got the ball out of defensive 50. Good win for the cats though.

I’m sure that’s the quote that the boys thought of in the dying seconds of Friday night.
We beat you on every metric bar clearances and only just lost those. As has been mentioned previously, the lopsided free kick count is the ONLY thing that kept your boys in the game.

Dogs had a crack, they weren't good enough - don't come on here and diminish the excellent effort our boys put in on Friday.

Honestly can’t believe the behaviour of the dogs fans. It’s borderline worse than Richmond and Hawthorn supporters.
Mutt banned for posting a video on their board of Libba Snr copping 5 weeks for scratching and clawing someone’s face and saying “short memories” after they were carrying on about selwood.
Unbelievable behaviour.

Why? Is he playing better then him or not?

polly farmer only play 90 odd games. stewarts dominance at half back has been going for more then 90 games now.

do we confuse longevity of achievement with peak ability?
Are we already forgetting how good Enright was at his peak, and how long that peak was? The two are indivisible. Saying Stewart is playing better is like saying Josh Bruce is a better forward than Hawkins because he kicked 10, and Hawkins has never topped 7. Not withstanding Bruce has 219 career goals to Hawkins 632?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back