Review Geelong beat Doggies by 5 points and break their hearts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Regarding Duncan's injury - what was Kolodjashnij's knee injury that occurred in the WCE match?

Kolodjashnij missed the 3 matches after his injury, if they may be of any help in comparison to knee injury issues

Stewart!!!!!!!

I was thinkin' about Stewart the other night, prior to tonight's masterclass - he has been in slashing form for basically the better part of 50 games now.
When was the last time we saw a non-midfielder win the Brownlow? The ALFPA MVP award? Because if Tom Stewart can somehow maintain the form he has produced to date in 2021, there is no reason he shouldn't be in that conversation.

Regarding Duncan's injury - what was Kolodjashnij's knee injury that occurred in the WCE match?

Kolodjashnij missed the 3 matches after his injury, if they may be of any help in comparison to knee injury issues
Looked more like the knee was jarred.

Gees I’ve seen a lot of after siren shots on goal for victories now.

gary Rohan vs footscray
touhy vs Melbourne
hawkins vs hawthorn
bartel vs hawthorn
riccardi vs carlton
brownless vs doggies
ablett vs nth.

Yep I can recall all those too Seeds.

Also the Isaac Smith miss, the Harry miss ... I reckon Geelong have been engaged in more of after-the-siren contests than any other team in the comp.

Yep I can recall all those too Seeds.

Also the Isaac Smith miss, the Harry miss ... I reckon Geelong have been engaged in more of after-the-siren contests than any other team in the comp.

Mayne miss, Johnson miss...
Yeah I reckon if we listed all after the siren kicks at goal games, Cats would be well ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Landed on it straight, didn't over extend or bend, could be a cartilage or impact injury perhaps?
PCL is usually posterior displacement of the tibia on femur which occurs with a bent knee ( puts PCL on stretch) common to see with car crashes.
Landed on it straight, didn't over extend or bend, could be a cartilage or impact injury perhaps?

Didn’t seem to be any excessive valgus force(knee impact force inwards) or any flexion( bend) of the knee upon impact, but there was a slight bend which makes PCL still a possibility from footage. Was trying to see what sort of mechanism on replay, nothing stood out much. Scans will be interesting, main thing to rule out is PCL from that one, won’t be an ACL or LCL or is very unlikely.

At the ground the players looked spent in that last 10 minutes. We thought the Dogs would run all over them. I don't know how they did it. Danger did will himself into the game in the latter half. The skipper just threw himself into the contests. Amazing.

I love Tom Stewart.

Someone said in the game day thread said they were glad they weren't at the ground. For a small crowd there was a lot of atmosphere and noise. It was a good night out.

The more I watch it the more I realise what a solid mark it was from Rohan to hang on to it at the end there.
It was. It was a great passage of play all-round. Starting with Selwood, then Danger's kick is almost perfect given he has nothing to kick to. Dahlhaus can't win it but does enough to affect the kick, Guthrie and Smith clinical on the turnover and Rohan does the rest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back