Review Geelong beat tiggers by 3 points

Remove this Banner Ad

For my first game since pre lockdown that was a mighty fine game.

Henry ... I'll give him credit, his moments were pretty big.

Miers pressure was good. Kolo held Reiwoldt (so leave him alone ... all of you).

OConnor needs a VFL bath.

Stengle, if he continues the way he does will be better than Ronnie ... and I loved Ronnie.

Hawkins looked veeeeery flat.

Atkins/Blicavs very good.

Stewart... I guess we are wrapping him in cotton suspension wool for a few games.

The skipper picks his moments still.
Stengle is a better player than Ronnie, agree with everything else.

I just don’t think Geelong can carry a player like Menegola. He is so ******* slow it’s like he is standing still. If he was an in and under beast like Selwood maybe you could but he’s also ******* soft.
With respect that's a poor call - Menegola is an endurance beast with a lot of weapons.
This is game 2 from a long lay off , not unusual to play a bit sore even though he made some crucial plays in the last 1/4.
I don't know what game you are watching but he's definitely not soft my friend :p

With respect that's a poor call - Menegola is an endurance beast with a lot of weapons.
This is game 2 from a long lay off , not unusual to play a bit sore even though he made some crucial plays in the last 1/4.
I don't know what game you are watching but he's definitely not soft my friend :p
Pin point passing and exquisite decision making are NOT two of those weapons.

Vulgar bunch. Don't take losing on their home deck well.

Kudos to Aitkins, Stengle, Close and Jack in the last. The skipper kept busting a gut too. Oh, and SDK battled on. He was not helped by some of his team mates. Bews stood up too.
How'd you go with the 3 year old?

Will Henry go back or will the 'Progressive Coach' continue to play him forward because he jagged a couple? Yes, it's a very cynical comment, but you know, geez, it's been known to happen.
I think Henry has to go back personally. We just don't have defensive depth

Will Henry go back or will the 'Progressive Coach' continue to play him forward because he jagged a couple? Yes, it's a very cynical comment, but you know, geez, it's been known to happen.
They'll shove Atkins in defence as the loose man and then wonder what happened to the midfield structure.

Who covers Stewart? We do have options this year. ZG, Duncan....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do people see as being the 'trigger' for the boys in the last?

It was almost like 'sleep mode' in the third before they burst back to life in the last.
Honestly Richmond were off the chain, unbelievable pressure and so many scenarios where there wasn't much Geelong could do, they just ping the ball around and it all comes off.

I think the worst thing you can do when Richmond are on is try and defend and stop it, it's undefendable, when we decided to play more aggressive rather than defend, ran forward and assumed we would win the contest, then the game turned back our way.

Great to get the 4 points but some worrying issues still remain, when we try to control the game we ship in loads of goals, hopefully some players will be better for the run, Hawk should be given a week off clearly looked miles of the pace today.

Great game, lots of positives and negatives. Actually loved Stewart’s bump on meatball and the general early attack on ball and player. We need that aggression over 4 quarters if we want to win the flag. Still some upside with danger to come back and Hawkins won’t play like that again.
I really hope the MC can be brave and leave Kolo out he’s had enough chances that he needs to take the punishment for a poor performance. He consistently costs us goals. I’d also leave O’Connor out but I’m not sure what options there are to replace him.

Probably only shifted forward at the last minute when Rohan dropped out.
Need him back next week to replace Stewart

Goals from contested marks are not jagged goals.

Great game, lots of positives and negatives. Actually loved Stewart’s bump on meatball and the general early attack on ball and player. We need that aggression over 4 quarters if we want to win the flag. Still some upside with danger to come back and Hawkins won’t play like that again.
I really hope the MC can be brave and leave Kolo out he’s had enough chances that he needs to take the punishment for a poor performance. He consistently costs us goals. I’d also leave O’Connor out but I’m not sure what options there are to replace him.
Not next week as we will rest some oldies vs North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back