Review Geelong beat tiggers by 3 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
I rewatched the first one, he did shift out but not even close to the margin he did on the second one. It’s almost like his second shot he put himself off by not walking in straight

If you watch Zuthrie is pointing it out to the umpire several times

At the ground Baker wasn’t a factor
Must’ve played a good game and of course spiteful Hardwick wouldn’t give Stewart any votes.
Surprised Tarrant or Kolo didn’t get any

10000% dimma did it, similar to Bevo they are petty sooky kind of coaches who would deliberately give votes to their own players in spite.

Jackington

Back Flank Battler
Sep 23, 2021
State of Constant Anxiety
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
East Fremantle
I rewatched the first one, he did shift out but not even close to the margin he did on the second one. It’s almost like his second shot he put himself off by not walking in straight

If you watch Zuthrie is pointing it out to the umpire several times

At the ground Baker wasn’t a factor
Must’ve played a good game and of course spiteful Hardwick wouldn’t give Stewart any votes.
Surprised Tarrant or Kolo didn’t get any
Kolo had three costly turnovers and an iffy rushed behind in the second half, but thought Tarrant was brilliant.

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
I remember a game years ago, Cats vs North where Carey took a mark on the goal line and the mark was on an acute angle, yet Carey essentially lined up the kick straight in front...
Umpires are gutless to force "star" players to line up correctly.
From my memory, Carey also decided when he got a 50m penalty not the umpires aswell

Nov 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Kolo had three costly turnovers and an iffy rushed behind in the second half, but thought Tarrant was brilliant.

He also kept Jack Riewoldt scoreless
Not an easy feat

The parity of Kolo.
Decent defender who can lock down forwards and a wayward user of the ball who makes some bone headed turnovers.

Finknottle

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
If Kolodjashnij had got any votes in that game even blind Freddy would book an appointment with the optometrist. He was woeful. His turnovers and fumbling were directly responsible for 2 goals and possibly a third. The classic was the 20m kick to Bews in the corridor. He waited and waited and waited and at the last second made an absurd decision to kick to Bews which he stuffed up and the turnover resulted in a goal to Richmond. All he had to do was kick long down the line to limit any potential damage. I just don't understand his thought process. This is why multiple members of this blog have suggested Kolo should be banned from kicking anywhere but long down the flank. Better to kick it out on the full than turn it over in a dangerous spot.

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
I remember a game years ago, Cats vs North where Carey took a mark on the goal line and the mark was on an acute angle, yet Carey essentially lined up the kick straight in front...
Umpires are gutless to force "star" players to line up correctly.

Yeah look at 500 of buddy’s goals. Gosh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The_Koulouriotis_Fan

Team Captain
Mar 21, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Gotta say, I’m surprised that some in the media ie. Robbo are saying that Richmond are the second best team after that game. For mine that was the first time I’ve seen us against an up & about Richmond that despite the close result we clearly looked the better team. In the past when we gave up a lead, we had no answers. Really excited by how we were able to turn it around. With Stengle, Cameron and Close in the team, we have some genuine X factor.

And you can argue till the cows come home that Prestia playing the whole game changes the result. The reality is that we’ll never know and it’s just as likely that they still lose.

Last edited:

Kobe Gryant

extremely overqualified chemistry teacher
Jul 31, 2021
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Lakers
Gotta say, I’m surprised that some in the media ie. Robbo. Are saying that Richmond are the second best team after that game. For mine that was the first time I’ve seen us against an up & about Richmond that despite the close result we clearly looked the better team. In the past when we gave up a lead, we had no answers. Really excited by how we were able to turn it around. With Stengle, Cameron and Close in the team, we have some genuine X factor.

And you can argue till the cows come home that Prestia playing the whole game changes the result. The reality is that we’ll never know and it’s just as likely that they still lose.

If you don't want to lose a game of football don't let the opposition get out to a 35 point lead. Likewise, If you don't want to lose a game of football, don't let the opposition come back when you have a 15 point lead deep in the last quarter....They're burying the lead...quite literally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
AFLCA VOTES

9 -
Liam Baker (RICH)
6 - Tyson Stengle (GEEL)
5 - Mark Blicavs (GEEL)
4 - Tom Stewart (GEEL)
2 - Cameron Guthrie (GEEL)
2 - Tom J Lynch (RICH)
1 - Zach Tuohy (GEEL)
1 - Jeremy Cameron (GEEL)

I choose to believe that Hardwick is salty and refused to vote for Stewart.

Scott gave Blicavs 5 and would have felt it was inappropriate to give Stewart votes. 100% certain.

Jul 11, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Gotta say, I’m surprised that some in the media ie. Robbo are saying that Richmond are the second best team after that game. For mine that was the first time I’ve seen us against an up & about Richmond that despite the close result we clearly looked the better team. In the past when we gave up a lead, we had no answers. Really excited by how we were able to turn it around. With Stengle, Cameron and Close in the team, we have some genuine X factor.

It bears remembering that Robbo is a drunken idiot.

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory

Absolutely agree. Tonight on SEN it’s all about how good were Richmond and they’re only an up and about Dusty short from making a grand final. The comment tonight was that had Prestia played they win not, they were in front by 17 points and the Cats came back to win the lead in the about 6minutes of play incidentally. It felt like Hawkins had almost no impact, the Guthries were outstanding. Watch the replay my god Cam was working his bum off.

Now I would have thought someone might say well as well for balance that the Cats didn’t have Danger, and a raft of under done players from Menegola (who looked rooted in the last 10mins which is amazing for him) Henry and Holmes. Nuh nothing crickets. The guy they had on basically said tigers win it.

The_Koulouriotis_Fan

Team Captain
Mar 21, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Absolutely agree. Tonight on SEN it’s all about how good were Richmond and they’re only an up and about Dusty short from making a grand final. The comment tonight was that had Prestia played they win not, they were in front by 17 points and the Cats came back to win the lead in the about 6minutes of play incidentally. It felt like Hawkins had almost no impact, the Guthries were outstanding. Watch the replay my god Cam was working his bum off.

Now I would have thought someone might say well as well for balance that the Cats didn’t have Danger, and a raft of under done players from Menegola (who looked rooted in the last 10mins which is amazing for him) Henry and Holmes. Nuh nothing crickets. The guy they had on basically said tigers win it.

Also, no mention of the heavy training load anymore either.

The reality is, the cats won. They can argue till they’re blue in the face that they win with Prestia. But they were 20 down with him on the ground and 17 up with him off. Him going off added a ruck and forced baker into the midfield, maybe it changed their fortunes.

I remember in 08 we beat the Hawks without Ablett, Ling and Milburn.
I thought, get those boys back in and they won’t get near us in a Grand Final… and I was right… Right everyone?! 😢

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong

The reality is, the cats won. They can argue till they’re blue in the face that they win with Prestia. But they were 20 down with him on the ground and 17 up with him off. Him going off added a ruck and forced baker into the midfield, maybe it changed their fortunes.

I thought, get those boys back in and they won’t get near us in a Grand Final… and I was right… Right everyone?! 😢
2E said on the Sunday footy show the heavy training load has been blown out of proportion.
Said we trained harder because we had no games, nothing else too it

The_Koulouriotis_Fan

Team Captain
Mar 21, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
2E said on the Sunday footy show the heavy training load has been blown out of proportion.
Said we trained harder because we had no games, nothing else too it
What about Chris Scott saying along the lines of ‘we’ve doubled down on some things that could cost us short term to ensure we’re going best when it matters’

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong

I walked from the game thinking I have been underrating Richmond all year to date. They were very impressive. Their skills in the first half were absolutely terrible. Completely butchering the ball and looked like they had not played for 2 weeks.
In the second half, they dramatically owned the game. Their midfield setup was quite devastating (with no Prestia). Nankervis may not have won many hit outs but his continual ability to bring the ball to the deck where he would do the simple unnoticed things is what shifted the momentum and allowed them first use out of the middle.
They were swarming us and the 6 goal lead we once had was suddenly a 1 goal deficit.

Guthrie was excellent. He is an incredibly fit indivdual. Never stops running and his desire to keep the ball moving around was a big reason why we regained the lead in the last quarter. Our forwards were not moving much in the third quarter. Stagnant.

Geelong will regain Parfitt and Dangerfield but I think Balta is a more valuable inclusion on the basis he is one of the best utilities in the game right now. I cannot imagine Henry marking the ball in the final minutes if Balta plays. He would have been down that end of the ground covering one of the big boys. Massive inclusion.

Feels to me like Geelong gave them their best and they were able to get up off the canvas and work through it.
If both teams were to meet in the finals, Dangerfield, Parfitt in, Lambert, Balta in . . . Richmond appear to have learned from the losses they received from us last year, and will be able to beat us again in the final.

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory

I thought, get those boys back in and they won’t get near us in a Grand Final… and I was right… Right everyone?!

Exactly. Getting Danger or Rohan back sends shivers down my spine I just can’t work out whether they’re good or bad.

Scott gave Blicavs 5 and would have felt it was inappropriate to give Stewart votes. 100% certain.
Impossible. Scott couldn't have put both of those players in his votes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back