MVP GEELONG BOARD MVP Vote - Some interesting takes...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings Cat Fans.

So season 2021 is over for the Cats and all the MVP votes have been tallied. TOM STEWART is our MVP, and given how last year the Carji mirrored the Geelong Board MVP voting, it is reasonable to think Tom will walk away with the Carji this year.

The final tallies are to be found in the usual place.

I decided to delve into the raw figures and came up with the following

On a 3-2-1 basis the final totals is as follows

Hawkins 17
Selwood 16
Stewart 16
Guthrie 16
Danger 12
Tuohy 11
Duncan 8
Henry 7
Parfitt 6
Stanley 6
Menegola 6
Cameron 6
Smith 5
Hendo 4
Bews 3
Zuthrie 3
Rohan 2
Narkle 2
Close 1

Most BOG's

Selwood 4
Guthrie 4
Stewart 3
Danger 3
Henry 2
Cameron 2
Hawkins 2
Menegola 1
Bews 1
Smith 1
Parfitt 1
Duncan 1

Interesting that the 3-2-1 system produced a different MVP from the 5-4-3-2-1 method.

Thank you to all posters who voted this year...lets see how it compares to the Carji vote.

DtC

Last edited:

Narkle and zuthrie beat close.

No......they didn't really.

Narkle (a midfielder) attracted votes in 3 games only.....Close (a small forward) attracted votes in 11 games. His best game was in the qualifying final v Port. (41 votes)

Narkle scored 102 votes v GCS...and 44 votes the following week v the Pies. A 12 vote game v Freo in round 18 was his last mention in the votes.

Zuthrie scored 2 times...107 v North in Round 20, and 55 votes in the Prelim v Melbourne.

Overall, Close was far more consistent in the eyes of Geelong Board posters over the whole season in terms of his contribution.

Last edited:
blicavs not one top 3 performance all season.

IF the voting is an indicator Blicavs was ordinary over the whole season. You're quite right....not one top 3 performance all year.

Pretty damning really. He finished 20th in total votes cast.

No......they didn't really.

Narkle (a midfielder) attracted votes in 3 games only.....Close (a small forward) attracted votes in 11 games. His best game was in the qualifying final v Port. (41 votes)

Narkle scored 102 votes v GCS...and 44 votes the following week v the Pies. A 12 vote game v Freo in round 18 was his last mention in the votes.

Zuthrie scored 2 times...107 v North in Round 20, and 55 votes in the Prelim v Melbourne.

Overall, Close was far more consistent in the eyes of Geelong Board posters over the whole season in terms of his contribution.
I was referencing the 1-2-3 system cos i couldnt see the other 5-4-3-2-1 system results.

I was referencing the 1-2-3 system cos i couldnt see the other 5-4-3-2-1 system results.

Yes...Close got a lot of 2"s and 1's..not surprising given his role...but pretty impressive for a young developing player...

NB: The final points tally is "stickied" on the Geelong Board opening page..you'll find Blicavs 20 players from the top..lol

There is a bit of board bias at play, that said - performance relative to (a) board favouritism, and (b) expectation. We aren't exactly the most unbiased lot ;)

Fair point but over a full season I think it gives a reasonable sighter on player performance....a lot of 1 votes are predicated on effort, desire and impact and often went to flankers like Close for precisely that reason...

Last year this Boards MVP votes were remarkably similar to the Carji outcome... amazingly so...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both zuthrie and narkle got more votes then blicavs. Why doesnt blicavs ever get dropped?

Well I guess if either Zuth or Narkle starting playing second ruck it may then help their cause...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back