Podcast Geelong Board Podcast - Register your interest in taking part here

Remove this Banner Ad

So... talk about -
Who we may look to get in the draft (I know it's super early).
How the arrival of Clark changes our forward line.
Any thing happening with the Stadium development + coaching arrivals and departures (fitness staff etc).
Where do we see Caddy and co going - those blokes who've show a bit but haven't come on (not Brown etc).
Autopsy: Worrying that we've won only 1 out of our last 6 finals.
Whatever really - you guys generally do a good job.

So... talk about -
Who we may look to get in the draft (I know it's super early).
How the arrival of Clark changes our forward line.
Any thing happening with the Stadium development + coaching arrivals and departures (fitness staff etc).
Where do we see Caddy and co going - those blokes who've show a bit but haven't come on (not Brown etc).
Autopsy: Worrying that we've won only 1 out of our last 6 finals.
Whatever really - you guys generally do a good job.
Thanks for the great ideas.

I think we will keep the draft for next month. I'd like to focus this episode as more of a review of the season and list status 'as is'.

Discuss Chris Scott's coaching performance and the list management of the club. Specifically, whether it was a good idea to throw out club legend Paul Chapman and James Podsiadly, especially when none of the older players have been forced out in similar fashion this year.
I was going to make a tongue in cheek post suggesting this.... but here it is serious

Discuss Chris Scott's coaching performance and the list management of the club. Specifically, whether it was a good idea to throw out club legend Paul Chapman and James Podsiadly, especially when none of the older players have been forced out in similar fashion this year.
Probably because they haven't behaved like little bitches when offered a contract by the club.

- With the benefit of hindsight, has the decision to move Guthrie away from the backline and in to the midfield been justified?
- How do we reconcile the fact that Selwood, Johnson, Stokes, Duncan, Caddy, and Guthrie (and Christensen, when he was available) all had good to very good years on an individual level, with the fact that the collective performance of our midfield group was regularly sub-par? Are our failings in midfield, and particularly around stoppages, really personnel-related, as most people seem to believe? I see it as more of a deep-seated problem that stems from the way they are coached. We seem to lack cohesiveness, and at times it's like the players don't understand their roles properly, with too many trying to win the same ball or too many standing outside the contest waiting for a handball receive.
- What was the point of giving games to Stringer and Sheringham earlier in the season?
- The first half of the second home and away game vs. Hawthorn saw us revert back to the handball-happy game plan that served us so excellently from 2007-2010, and it seemed to work well against the Hawks. Would there be any merit in a more permanent return to that style of football?
- We've been "jumped" at the start of finals a few times now since the start of 2012. Why does this continue to happen?
- What are some of the "lessons" we can learn from this season to improve in 2015?

Last edited:
Roflcopter.gif

Pure_Ownage randomly joining the skype call halfway through a conversation about Trent West, not realizing we were live, and falling over himself trying to explain why his avatar on skype was a Koala is without a doubt the highlight of my week. :thumbsu:

Haha I had no idea we were live for that bit! (to be fair my skype was playing up). Sorry to make more editing work for you mate.

Anyway, another great edition of the podcast, we should be back again in a couple of weeks once the trade period is done.

We will have a bit more of a focus on the upcoming draft for the next one but if there is any topics anyone on the board would like discussed or questions answered, feel free to list them here.

P.S. It will be on the iTunes etc etc same as last year?

Haha it's no trouble editing PO. Unfortunately I did have to cut that bit, sorry to disappoint boob. ;)

Yeah on iTunes and youtube.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha it's no trouble editing PO. Unfortunately I did have to cut that bit, sorry to disappoint boob. ;)

Yeah on iTunes and youtube.
Come on put it at the end like a blooper!

I'm really enjoying the cats podcasts and I enjoyed the big footy ones as well, I'd love to hear more. Is there any chance of a regular cats big footy podcast?
if anyone can record and edit it... Gysenn is busy at present so I believe.

I highly recommend people volunteering to he on it as well, great fun

I'd love to help if I could I don't have any editing skills though unfortunately, would happily help out in another way if I can. Let me know if I can help otherwise look forward to listening when it gets up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back