2nds Geelong Cats 2018 VFL Season - Tom Atkins B&F Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

As I didn't watch it all. . Who would of people put best. ( not by what the VFL website says) I thought Narkle was awesome. Abbott did well.

well id say i was impressed by Narkle he should play soon , Miers with a season or two could be better than DHouse , GHS was nothing unexpected.. Abbott.... hard to judge big guys on a day like today... but he was reasonable wit h ball in air.. Not sure he is quick enough of mind or body for afl
I'd be giving Abbott a run in the 1's TBH.
With the midfield we got we really just need someone who can get to every contest (not Smiths go) and someone who can compete at every contest (not Stanley's go).
Abbott seems like he could do both good enough without being special.

I'd be giving Abbott a run in the 1's TBH.
With the midfield we got we really just need someone who can get to every contest (not Smiths go) and someone who can compete at every contest (not Stanley's go).
Abbott seems like he could do both good enough without being special.

The truth imo eyes was the Abbott looked like a VFL ruckman. Sure give him a run.. i will not expect much

Only 3 players really impressed me today. Miers, Narkle and Abbott.

The rest can stay in the VFL. Especially Guthrie.

A few times today Thurlow and Guthrie have stood back when they should’ve tackled. They both have things to offer the afl team. But if they’re going to do that they can stay in the vfl.
They both do that at AFL level, It's what Mr Blicavs and myself keep harping on about. Far too soft to be AFL footballers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only 3 players really impressed me today. Miers, Narkle and Abbott.

The rest can stay in the VFL. Especially Guthrie.

They both do that at AFL level, It's what Mr Blicavs and myself keep harping on about. Far too soft to be AFL footballers.
I liked GHS as well as those 3.
Yeah I really started noticing that with Thurlow in this years NAB cup.
Guthrie been doing it for quite a while. He's a bit like my Kelpie. Likes to skirt the player in a bit of a circle.

How did Hendo and Taylor look?

Hendo miles off it. Struggled to read it and get to contests and when he got to contents he spilled marks he would usually gobble up and fumbled ground balls.

Taylor played the first three quarters. He was very casual in his approach and only fair but would expect they will pick him against the dogs.

35343383_10157364635378942_5515887079319404544_n.jpg

I didn't see any of that match and caught up on things by reading through the last 10 or so pages - it sounds like Taylor spent some time forward and in the ruck, could that mean they are looking at him to replace Buzza as the second tall & ruck relief in the seniors?

We expect him to man the mark. It’s not that hard. In fact due to his height he can actually make it a bit more difficult for the kicker than most. Basics!

Watch Stanley in seniors and see how many times when he is manning the mark but doesn't raise a single arm

Seems it's another mark against our rucks is laziness manning the mark

I didn't see any of that match and caught up on things by reading through the last 10 or so pages - it sounds like Taylor spent some time forward and in the ruck, could that mean they are looking at him to replace Buzza as the second tall & ruck relief in the seniors?

Taylor just took a couple of ruck contests inside 50 when he was playing forward like Hawkins would from time to time, he didn't play as a ruckman on the ball at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back