2nds Geelong Cats 2018 VFL Season - Tom Atkins B&F Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

How is Smith going mate?
I’d say no real winner in the ruck today either side. Conditions making most hitouts result in a hacked disposal or another stoppage.

No wonder their membership is so high. Geelong should take note
Ive suggested a $5.00 surcharge to each membership for non AFL development. Thats and extra 250k on 50000 memberships.

Got nothing back from them.
Was shocked.... not.

GO Catters

Ive suggested a $5.00 surcharge to each membership for non AFL development. Thats and extra 250k on 50000 memberships.

Was shocked.... not.

GO Catters

Were you suggesting that VFL games be broadcast as part of that surcharge?

Was shocked.... not.

GO Catters

Yep when you put it like that Daz it's crazy that they haven't looked into it. Pop a few sponsors logos on the coverage and you could even afford a commentator.

Were you suggesting that VFL games be broadcast as part of that surcharge?
For one season it would be the majority of set up costs...

but you buy the costs once and then amortise them out over the next 5 years.
And i seriuously doubt that it would be 250k. And it would cover only GMHBA games - but once the infrastructure is in place, then you need 4 people each game to work it (guessing 4). Get the Deakin Media students to work as commentary/technical support ( paid but discounted) under club guidance and give their work some course credit.

But then you can do all GMHBA home games for VFL, AFLW and VFLW. And hell rent it back to Falcons and GDFL etc for their games.

Regardless, there is plenty of options to go thru but they just have either no interest, no resources or no care to do it.

And hell, you can even get your major sponsors involved at a discounted rate.

But what do in know.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is playing against Siggins/Buzza... Goddard? ... (the great Stanley sliding door) ...

Sounds likeHouse is pressing his case.. good to hear.
Siggins has Goddard. Buzza has Clavarino.
Can’t quite make out who has Abbott/Smith

And i seriuously doubt that it would be 250k. And it would cover only GMHBA games - but once the infrastructure is in place, then you need 4 people each game to work it (guessing 4). Get the Deakin Media students to work as commentary/technical support ( paid but discounted) under club guidance and give their work some course credit.

But then you can do all GMHBA home games for VFL, AFLW and VFLW. And hell rent it back to Falcons and GDFL etc for their games.

Regardless, there is plenty of options to go thru but they just have either no interest, no resources or no care to do it.

But what do in know.

GO Catters

Really great ideas there daz. I find it baffling that GFC are so disinterested. It's great for supporters to watch VFL because it shows us the progress of the guys + we get to know future players too. I'd love to watch VFL games + I'd happily pay $5 extra, even $50 to be a VFL member. Just bought the AFLW membership - $40 - it's about investing in the future + broadcasting VFL games seems an easy way to begin.

Right idea.. wrong 22

Go Catters
Gardner no. He’s been solid without great.
House has been the Rock of Gibraltar so far.

Cleaner with the footy too

But what do in know.

GO Catters

May I almost stray into politics ... the last week has seen the announcement of money for a train to Tullamarine Airport. This Airport opened in 1970 and it still doesn't have one. Now I know there is the old saying about alligators and draining swamps... but a bit of long term thinking would be appreciated now and then...

Really great ideas there daz. I find it baffling that GFC are so disinterested. It's great for supporters to watch VFL because it shows us the progress of the guys + we get to know future players too. I'd love to watch VFL games + I'd happily pay $5 extra, even $50 to be a VFL member. Just bought the AFLW membership - $40 - it's about investing in the future + broadcasting VFL games seems an easy way to begin.
Why would the gfc do that when they can rake in $40 membership for what is essentially u12 standard football

Remove this Banner Ad

Back