2nds Geelong Cats 2018 VFL Season - Tom Atkins B&F Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard day to score goals but I’d say Buzza has been great. Just has those 2nd efforts and crashes packs.
Thurlow has been good. Accumulating the footy which is great.
Constable was quieter that quarter to the eye anyway.

Smith is doing ok on Longer. Hard to win clean hitouts but is competing well around the ground and putting in 2nd efforts.

Miers and Jones again starved of opportunities to affect the play. We may lose this having to kick into the breeze.

George was much cleaner that quarter. Not a fumble.
The VFL defenders have been shaky but Reid has looked good

YESSSS!!!!!

It's time for him to debut!!!

Plus House is gorgey eye candy for the girls

Didnt think of the bottom reason . We will need extra talls against Port next week.

Hard day to score goals but I’d say Buzza has been great. Just has those 2nd efforts and crashes packs.
Thurlow has been good. Accumulating the footy which is great.
Constable was quieter that quarter to the eye anyway.

Smith is doing ok on Longer. Hard to win clean hitouts but is competing well around the ground and putting in 2nd efforts.

Miers and Jones again starved of opportunities to affect the play. We may lose this having to kick into the breeze.

George was much cleaner that quarter. Not a fumble.
The VFL defenders have been shaky but Reid has looked good

Buzz is a call up chance.

Stu has moved forward.

Brilliant torp from FB by Sandy. Longer turns it over at CHB.
Thurlow kick smothered but gathers and kicks forward. Handball out and Stu goals on the run on the left.

Last edited:
For one season it would be the majority of set up costs...

but you buy the costs once and then amortise them out over the next 5 years.
And i seriuously doubt that it would be 250k. And it would cover only GMHBA games - but once the infrastructure is in place, then you need 4 people each game to work it (guessing 4). Get the Deakin Media students to work as commentary/technical support ( paid but discounted) under club guidance and give their work some course credit.

But then you can do all GMHBA home games for VFL, AFLW and VFLW. And hell rent it back to Falcons and GDFL etc for their games.

Regardless, there is plenty of options to go thru but they just have either no interest, no resources or no care to do it.

And hell, you can even get your major sponsors involved at a discounted rate.

But what do in know.

GO Catters

To be fair, that's a lot of work and a lot of investment for.....how big an audience, exactly? The hardcore fans within this self-contained BigFooty micro-community would kill for live broadcasts of VFL games, but we're certainly not representative of the majority of the club's members and supporters. How much interest would be the concept have outside this group? I'd be curious to know what their viewing figures would be if they ever tried it.

It may be that there's simply not that many people who would watch the VFL even if it were available.

Why is it that Geelong coverage is so poor?
Do other clubs give better coverage?
From where I am (interstate,) I can say yes, other clubs do actually have better coverage regarding the VFL!

Have watched 'our' games on other teams' streams.

To be fair, that's a lot of work and a lot of investment for.....how big an audience, exactly? The hardcore fans within this self-contained BigFooty micro-community would kill for live broadcasts of VFL games, but we're certainly not representative of the majority of the club's members and supporters. How much interest would be the concept have outside this group? I'd be curious to know what their viewing figures would be if they ever tried it.

It may be that there's simply not that many people who would watch the VFL even if it were available.

Why do we have to watch Rich tv to see our VFL guys play the Tigs? .. Good to great is not always about immediate return

All fair points..

But they record ALL games currently for internal use with a 2 camera set up as i understand it - well they used to anyway.

And im only talking about home games as well. The away games can be covered by other teams to be fair.

But again, once its set up, then you just use it. Not that hard iMO.

Go Catters

Why do we have to watch Rich tv to see our VFL guys play the Tigs? .. Good to great is not always about immediate return

I get that. I'm just playing devil's advocate really and listing reasons the club would use to justify not investing in better VFL coverage.

My personal view is as I described in previous posts: the club could, and should, be doing better.

Why would the gfc do that when they can rake in $40 membership for what is essentially u12 standard football

Pfffft! :rolleyes:

For some supporters paying $5 extra for a GFC membership with the bonus of watching VFL games is worth it. Also, paying $40 for a GFC AFLW's membership is offering support to the women's game. What's wrong with that? For teams to improve, investment comes from many different areas, + as I've supported GFC since 1967, I'm keen to contribute a full membership despite living in the NSW Bush + rarely attend games; again, would love to watch VFL games; + I enjoy the AFLW games, so am excited for a Geelong team.

If you think differently - well you obviously do, I respect your opinion + would appreciate you affording me the same courtesy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thurlow behind the ball this quarter. Looks solid.
Gardner having a good quarter also. Won a few key one v one’s

Smith has got better in the 2nd half. Doing well around the ground.
Crameri looking better off HFF.

Constable quieter this half.
Jones, Miers and Siggins haven’t had much of an impact.

Reid has been solid whilst the vfl defenders have been liabilities. All the goals coming through them.
Buzza has competed well on a trying day. Strong will to contribute.

Abbott is at his level. As is George.
House is BOG.

We’ve lost this game. I’m off to eat something.
In contention: Thurlow, Smith and House.

That may well be so Baudolino. As an interstate supporter, in NSW we receive only Swans + Giants news. So I reckon there'd be a few interstate supporters who'd like to watch VFL games. May not be a huge audience, still, if dazbroncos' figures are right, a $5 investment on memberships would be good + might hopefully attract a larger audience. Just a couple of thoughts, I could be very wrong.

Reid has been solid whilst the vfl defenders have been liabilities. All the goals coming through them.

House is BOG.

Thanks Doctor G :thumbsu:

House is BOG.

Thanks mate hopefully Smith is back next week and house debuts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back