AFLW Geelong Cats 2019 AFLW Team Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2nd quarter of the Pies vs Lions match, with the Pies currently winning

I’m about to jump on a plane back to Melbourne - think the first thing i’ll do upon landing is find out if we have a matcb next week

Magpies up by 9 points early in the 2nd quarter, and making most of the running so far ...

they win, we play a final ..
Maybe both Geelong & the Lions were looking ahead to finals, the prospect of playing the Crows in Adelaide and decided that the other team could have it

I love complimentary in flight wifi - good reason to look through what's actually in the seat pocket!

Did Collingwood even score at halftime?

At the start of the season I didn't think we'd be playing finals - you can hope, but wasn't sure it was realistic.

No doubt the conference system has helped us - but next week is a new game. We are going to be total underdogs, given zero hope. I'd love to see us go out there and attack from the first bounce - we aren't going to be able to shut the crows down, so let's see what happens if we play positive, attacking football

Hilarious that we made the final and North didn't, but people who didn't like the way North pillaged the rest of the competition would be ecstatic.

Where are all the experts who said all we'll be winning this season was the wooden spoon?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love complimentary in flight wifi - good reason to look through what's actually in the seat pocket!

Did Collingwood even score at halftime?

At the start of the season I didn't think we'd be playing finals - you can hope, but wasn't sure it was realistic.

No doubt the conference system has helped us - but next week is a new game. We are going to be total underdogs, given zero hope. I'd love to see us go out there and attack from the first bounce - we aren't going to be able to shut the crows down, so let's see what happens if we play positive, attacking football

Collingwood scored 0.2 to 1.6 in the 2nd half.

Agree with you about next week. Just throw caution to the wind, and whatever happens happens.

Well Carlton scored the first goal, so there goes that idea.

Thank heavens Tayla Harris hit the post from the goal-square twice against us. We'd be in the same position as North if she hadn't.
My hope from the current match is that one team would smash they other, that way we don't have the lowest percentage in the league

The way both sides have played last few weeks it's top vs bottom what a crap comp to reward bad sides finals the AFL made women footy a joke
I'd be surprised if they didn't scrap the conference system next year.

The way both sides have played last few weeks it's top vs bottom what a crap comp to reward bad sides finals the AFL made women footy a joke

Wouldn't say they made the game a joke. It's just the fixture and the conference system which is farcical when you have all the good teams in the one conference and everyone doesn't play each other once, let alone how some teams have 3 home games and others have 4. It's even worse when you think Brisbane have played 3 home games in each of the 3 seasons to date.

The league needed to extend the length of the season when they introduced extra sides and have everyone play each other once.

I think they'll stick with conferences next year, but an option could be for conference finals followed by the Grand Final

2 x 7 team conferences
Top 4 of each team plays finals
2 weeks of intra-conference finals to find the conference champ

Grand Final comprised of the 2 Conference Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back