Opinion Geelong Cats Forward Line 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

To many small

Didn't look to immobile to me last Saturday.
Buzza's kicked goals and provided them more than l can say for others.
Harry or Hendo can go forward or back.
This week Harry should be playing did it easy. Key defender.
I think you’ll find Taylor look a lot more agile to the last game he played against the bombers now he’s snapped the plantar fas.. Henderson in defence, Henry may have to make way. Cuthrie replaces Zuthrie

Do we really need one against the bulldogs, I thought Stanley did pretty well against Richmond and with Henderson and Taylor set to resume we could give either Blicavs or Hawkins a short run on the ball.

Hawkins rucking was part of him being frequently absent from our forward line vs the Tiges (doubly so if it contributed to the amount of time he spent on the bench)... and even if we get away with it against the Doggos I think we need to be setting in place a structure that can take us into finals. Blicz is definitely a handy second ruck but again he's playing a vital structural role for us and I don't want him moved away from playing a KPD role.

If we're not going to play an actual ruck then I'd rather we look at grooming Menegola to play a Grigg type role as the relief. But I'd rather we play another tall that can mix duties as a marking forward with time in the ruck.

What are the chances of throwing Henry forward with Harry's return to the backline? With his marking ability, could be a satisfying decoy while we wait for Menzel. Has he played forward in the VFL?

Yep that's an option worth exploring.
Harry working with Blitz l like and Hawkins should have proper support with at least 1other tall.
But is he big enough for a key post?

Hawkins rucking was part of him being frequently absent from our forward line vs the Tiges (doubly so if it contributed to the amount of time he spent on the bench)... and even if we get away with it against the Doggos I think we need to be setting in place a structure that can take us into finals. Blicz is definitely a handy second ruck but again he's playing a vital structural role for us and I don't want him moved away from playing a KPD role.

If we're not going to play an actual ruck then I'd rather we look at grooming Menegola to play a Grigg type role as the relief. But I'd rather we play another tall that can mix duties as a marking forward with time in the ruck.
You will notice, I was only talking about one week against the Bulldogs, they are not a tall side and we just need to get the win and consolidate our position until all our players are back from injury.

You will notice, I was only talking about one week against the Bulldogs, they are not a tall side and we just need to get the win and consolidate our position until all our players are back from injury.
Sure, its a short term option. I'd rather develop and refine our best setup as we head into finals but do see where you're going with this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back