AFLW Geelong Cats 2019 AFLW Team Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AFL looking to grow interest in the sport across all demographics AFLW AFLX along with games over seas yet making it harder and harder every year for me interstate to follow the Cats, even taking replays away that help keep you up to date across all teams and keep AFL formost in the mind. Tight arse f--king pricks.Look after the chore business the AFL QLD dream is in cardiac arrests.

And another game completed with just 39 points scored......in total.

Improvement needs to start soon, before public indifference sets in.
You should be watching the Melbourne games if you want to see scoring, they just finished flogging the Crows. Play probably the most aggressive style in the league.

You should be watching the Melbourne games if you want to see scoring, they just finished flogging the Crows. Play probably the most aggressive style in the league.

Maybe.......I’ll give it a go.

Really struggling to get into it.

Understand it’s a fledgling competition, but finding it hard to accept the standard.

Maybe.......I’ll give it a go.

Really struggling to get into it.

Understand it’s a fledgling competition, but finding it hard to accept the standard.
If you don't want to watch then that's also fine... just a suggestion if the low scoring nature is an issue.

The Melbourne vs GWS game last week was pretty good, especially the second half. But it's obviously not the same standard or intensity or anywhere near of AFL.

If you don't want to watch then that's also fine... just a suggestion if the low scoring nature is an issue.

The Melbourne vs GWS game last week was pretty good, especially the second half. But it's obviously not the same standard or intensity or anywhere near of AFL.

I want to watch it and enjoy the experience, but I find I’m losing interest in each game real quick.

I’ll persevere so I know I gave it a fair go, but I want to watch something better than back country footy.

And another game completed with just 39 points scored......in total.

Improvement needs to start soon, before public indifference sets in.

Just as well all the critics of the AFLW citing low scores as a reason the game is poor weren't around 120 or so years ago. Check out some of the scores back in the second season of the VFL/AFL:

https://afltables.com/afl/seas/1898.html

Suffered through the Freo-Collingwood game from quarter time last night. Trying to think of a female team sport I could be less enthused by. Curling comes to mind... struggling to find another.

If a crowd of 40K can get excited by that display of AFLW, then a small nation should be going to war for seats at women's field hockey. AFLW Fumball? :tearsofjoy: - Bring on a women's ice-hockey league!

Suffered through the Freo-Collingwood game from quarter time last night. Trying to think of a female team sport I could be less enthused by. Curling comes to mind... struggling to find another.

If a crowd of 40K can get excited by that display of AFLW, then a small nation should be going to war for seats at women's field hockey. AFLW Fumball? :tearsofjoy: - Bring on a women's ice-hockey league!
I quite like the curling...

The AFL is trying to create a market with a product that is simply nowhere near the standard needed to bring consumers through the gate on a regular basis with money in hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any team that beats Hawthorn will have my attention.
Footscray knocking the Dawks out of the finals in 2016 was beautiful to watch.

Remember that Geelong beat Poos+Wees first, which forced them to play the Bulldogs - I prefer to regard it as a joint effort ;)

Surprising that Hawks haven't bid for a Women's team

AFL Women's Expansion - 2019.png

As for the comments about women not having the physical strength of men - just saw a GWS woman give a Carlton woman the best shirt front. Followed by a horrendous tackle, which injured both players.

:eek::eek::eek:

My no interest will become a slight interest next season. I will save however it’s a great initiative and good that the women have a well supported pathway. Still baffles by some people’s need to constantly knock the current quality of the games, it’s a developing league, if it’s nkt to your standard don’t watch it and shut up.

It's interesting reading in the papers how the AFL are already a little in panic mode about how AFLW is being coached, fearful of an ugly game, low scores, etc.

So once again, it will up to the Cats, arriving just in time, to save footy with an attractive, skillful game, the way it should be played.

Standing Ovation Applause.gif

They could swap their Women's Team for the guys, who were too wussy to do their training camp :p:p:p

Watching that game now.

I'd love to see a Father/Daughter and Mother/Son rule in play at some point. It'd also be nice to stop the cringeworthy "hope it's a son!" every time a player has a kid.

Best of luck to her, by the way.

A pathway for all the daughters that came from the St Kilda 300 gamers.

The AFL is trying to create a market with a product that is simply nowhere near the standard needed to bring consumers through the gate on a regular basis with money in hand.
Obviously the proof is in the pudding but I don't think you get 40,000 people off the couch and into a stadium if they don't have some level of investment in the product, even if admission is free. I think as people who are obsessed enough with football to spend a noticeable part of our lives yelling on the internet about it, we underestimate how much AFLW has energised people who are casual footy fans or simply not fans at all.

Obviously the proof is in the pudding but I don't think you get 40,000 people off the couch and into a stadium if they don't have some level of investment in the product, even if admission is free. I think as people who are obsessed enough with football to spend a noticeable part of our lives yelling on the internet about it, we underestimate how much AFLW has energised people who are casual footy fans or simply not fans at all.

Yep, they’ve got the numbers through the gate as curiosity finds an avenue with the first ever games, but I’m just not convinced that level of interest will remain as time goes on and they introduce ticket pricing, unless the quality of play begins improving soon, and continues to do so.

As for the comments about women not having the physical strength of men - just saw a GWS woman give a Carlton woman the best shirt front. Followed by a horrendous tackle, which injured both players.

:eek::eek::eek:

I don't think that anyone will deny that the girls go full tilt in AFLW to tackle. But it is just a biological fact that men are physically bigger and stronger than women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back