Analysis Geelong Cats Season Launch - Questions for Miers + other players

Remove this Banner Ad

Lana + I are the fortunate winners of tickets to our Season Launch, this Friday night.

I'm hoping there will be an opportunity to ask Gryan Miers, our sponsored player, some questions - are there any issues you'd like put to him, or to other players, if there is a chance?

Please post your questions + I will endeavour to put them to him.

Lana + I are the fortunate winners of tickets to our Season Launch, this Friday night.

I'm hoping there will be an opportunity to ask Gryan Miers, our sponsored player, some questions - are there any issues you'd like put to him, or to other players, if there is a chance?

Please post your questions + I will endeavour to put them to him.
Ask him what his dad said after reading the quote about him being a "mad scientist".

What key performance indicators and data metrics are valued highly inside an AFL football club that don't get talked about in the media? What role does analytics-based feedback play in the coaching he receives? Can he name some Champion Data metrics the general public wouldn't know about that are commonly used by the coaching staff to assist the players?

Ask him why his parents disliked him and his siblings so much that they gave them all awful names :D:D

EDIT: siblings are Ryger and Jaydy :huh:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What key performance indicators and data metrics are valued highly inside an AFL football club that don't get talked about in the media? What role does analytics-based feedback play in the coaching he receives? Can he name some Champion Data metrics the general public wouldn't know about that are commonly used by the coaching staff to assist the players?
Would Gryan be across the use of analytics at this stage? I wouldn't expect too much insight from someone that hasn't even played a full season yet.

Would Gryan be across the use of analytics at this stage? I wouldn't expect too much insight from someone that hasn't even played a full season yet.

Possibly. However, I'd be staggered if advanced analytics haven't been used in some capacity across the pre-season. New players would still have insight that outsiders simply don't. And analytics is in use at high level juniors anyway so I doubt draftees are unfamiliar with them.

Plus, Hell Kitty alluded to the possibility of other players being present and potentially available for questions, so there's always that possibility.

A few of football related questions:

- growing up, who were his football idols?
- did he model his game on any particular player/s?
- does he have any senior player/s acting as mentor? (This is from stuff I've read previously about the newbies having been paired up with a mentor. I can remember it being said that after Blicavs arrived that Taylor was his mentor, so curious to see if they still do that)

And for fun, who will be the captain in 5 years time?

Does he know much about the lineage of #32...
The hair should stay.... its got some Budda qualities to it...

Also, who at the club if anyone is he mentoring with and what is the one key thing he's learned since being at GFC?

GO Catters

Ask him what he thinks about the dumb comments made about his athletic capabilities on the big footy cats podcast after he came second to Blicavs in the long distance time trial.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I assume you will be putting your hand up to be part of the next podcast then since you are potting people having a discussion, who were speculating on why he was drafted so late

I assume you will be putting your hand up to be part of the next podcast then since you are potting people having a discussion, who were speculating on why he was drafted so late

Haha. Nah I wouldn’t touch that podcast with a 40 foot pole lol just a bit of banter. I just thought it was funny after speaking to one of the Falcons hierarchy over summer about how good of an athlete the kid is then you guys are on the podcast saying he isn’t a good runner. just found it pretty hilarious to be honest

Haha. Nah I wouldn’t touch that podcast with a 40 foot pole lol just a bit of banter. I just thought it was funny after speaking to one of the Falcons hierarchy over summer about how good of an athlete the kid is then you guys are on the podcast saying he isn’t a good runner. just found it pretty hilarious to be honest

:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back