Game Day Geelong Cats v Collingwood, Finals Week 1 - 19:50 AEST, Sep 06, 2019 - No umpiring complaints during game.

Who will win?

• Geelong <10

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Geelong 10+ to <30

Votes: 33 19.6%
  • Geelong by 30+

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Collingwood <10

Votes: 19 11.3%
  • Collingwood 10+ to <30

Votes: 66 39.3%
  • Collingwood by 30+

Votes: 20 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Just like how a minor premier has never gone out in straight sets, time to make history.
We've broken long term MCG hoodoos against Collingwood and Hawthorn. Forget history, we have Geelong at the MCG and likely Brisbane at the Gabba. Probably the ideal run to the GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back One Out

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
G.A.G.F.
Let’s kill him.
I wouldn't go that far.

How about a foot up the arse from Chris Scott is the after match press conference instead of his usual grab-bag of whiny excuses?
Put the heat on him. Make it clear that Geelong needs him to stand up in September.

A few days ago, you said Hawkins was your team's MVP ahead of Danger. Well? Let's see it...
Dangerfield didn't go missing last night.

catscollector

Team Captain
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
No it isn't. Grundy has been the best ruckman all year and Collingwood lost 7 games. Him starring isn't the difference to winning and losing.
Grundy has had 40+ hitouts and 20+ disposals 9 times this year and Collingwood has lost 4 of those games. And in those 4 losses he had 33 clearances by himself.

It's a very simplistic way to measure influence. .

He won't be the difference in this game.
Of course but the Geelong poster indicated that he'll be the sole difference and especially if he manages 40+ HO's and 20+ disposals. It's just not the case and that's been proven already this year.
If you think Grundy is the difference between winning and losing this game you're in for a shock.

Roddy

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2006
M-Town
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket team.
Didn’t notice as I watched the game last night, but I just noticed the Pies did not score whatsoever in the last. Interesting .

Woody15

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2010
Somewhere
AFL Club
Collingwood
We've broken long term MCG hoodoos against Collingwood and Hawthorn. Forget history, we have Geelong at the MCG and likely Brisbane at the Gabba. Probably the ideal run to the GF.
"Likely" Brisbane? Not sure how you think that. Richmond favourites to beat Brisbane.

That sounds like more wishful thinking - wanting to avoid Richmond prelim @ MCG.

Fadge

Premiership Player
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Didn’t notice as I watched the game last night, but I just noticed the Pies did not score whatsoever in the last. Interesting .
Played it beautifully. 2 men down on the bench (one more than Geelong) and locked down the game to protect our lead. Did Geelong ever look like kicking 5 goals to overtake us?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Demonic Ascent

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Eltham Turtles, NY Jets, Celtics
Eddie and Costa had a hand shake agreement 20 years ago that Pies would wear black shorts and black socks, Cats would wear white shorts and hoop socks, 2011 for example.
Yeah so not sure what happened last night, it was a dumb decision to have the cats in the dark shorts especially because Collingwood had their black back jumpers on.

PieLebo87

Hall of Famer
Sep 14, 2005
Endeavour Hills
AFL Club
Collingwood
A few of the Geelong boys began racking up the footy by that stage.
I guess when the game died down and it was essentially already lost, they found it easier to get their hands on the pill. Some may call that downhill skier mentality?
Kelly stood out to me. He took it up another level and was winning hardballs and clearances. Alongside Danger, I reckon he got the Cats back into it in the last. Obviously, you needed a 4 quarter effort from him though.

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
How so?...by beating the bombers?
Yeah Bombers have been dreadful, but were not uncompetitive against the Pies with so many outs, and had come to play. We played far better than the Hawthorn game regardless. But happy for others to write us off.

South of the Yarra

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not saying the cats have been in great form however I think their form is better. Let’s look at the pies last 4 wins, suns and Melbourne the 2 worst sides in the comp, Adelaide who id have bottom 4 on form since the bye and a severely depleted Essendon side who had nothing to play for. If people think the pies are in good form they are kidding themselves. Not to say they can’t win as I don’t really trust the cats either however I think they’ll do enough to get the win.
Form means nothing coming into finals. We have now beaten Geelong, Richmond, Brisbane, West Coast and Bulldogs. Our form is there when it counts.

Top Bottom