Game Day Geelong Cats v Collingwood, Finals Week 1 - 19:50 AEST, Sep 06, 2019 - No umpiring complaints during game.

Who will win?

• Geelong <10

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Geelong 10+ to <30

Votes: 33 19.6%
  • Geelong by 30+

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Collingwood <10

Votes: 19 11.3%
  • Collingwood 10+ to <30

Votes: 66 39.3%
  • Collingwood by 30+

Votes: 20 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
How do you think Bews, O'Conner and Stewart will fair against Ryan, Rioli and Cripps?
Not to mention Blicavs and Taylor on Darling and Kennedy with Naitanui resting forward and Hickey rucking?

We have Ratugolea and Hawkins but come on, if Roughead and Moore kept them quiet, surely McGovern, Barrass, Schofield can do something similar. Hurn could rack up 35 touches in this final given the matchups.

WC are a different kettle of fish, they rely on transition footy. Ugly up the game and they're in trouble, Ryan, Rioli and Cripps are more averse to pressure than the likes of Collingwoods small forwards.

Bring enough pressure and you might win, try and out transition them and you'll lose.

yeee_haaaa!!!!!

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2010
prahran
AFL Club
Collingwood
Eagles forward set up has been rendered impotent in most of their losses this year. eg pies game where they didn't score anything for 42 mins, even without moore who went down in 1st quarter. Suffocate them around the ball and they are in real trouble. Most of their losses bad pies and tiges have been big ones, meaning they get scored against pretty easily once they are beaten in midfield, which is hardly einstein-type news. Geelong have exactly the game style and the cattle to shut the eagles down next week, expect the cats to win very,very easily

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Grundy has had 40+ hitouts and 20+ disposals 9 times this year and Collingwood has lost 4 of those games. And in those 4 losses he had 33 clearances by himself.

It's a very simplistic way to measure influence. .

He won't be the difference in this game.
Stanley is our #1 ruckman and we won the minor premiership, inc round 1 with Grundy playing. That's all the evidence I need.

This game will be won or lost in other areas of the field and I'll get to that sometime before the game starts. Possibly this weekend.

I'll write a preview if you want me to back up my thoughts but the ruck won't be the issue.

As an aside, do you have any stats around boundary throw ins?
I dont mean to rub anything in but im genuinely curious about your thoughts of the ruck situation

Back