Preview Geelong Cats v Essendon, AAMI Community Series, Sat 6 Mar 7:10pm @ GMHBA Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Clark back out there to start the last quarter and Constable makes his first appearance for the night

Thinking thy captain is having an early night

Cats-09 Shakespearean description of events in in footy.
Thou couldst be correct.

Cats-09 Shakespearean description of events in in footy.
Thou couldst be correct.
My phone prefers thy to the for some reason

But Joel's back out there anyway

I think Clark over takes him, that would be a good result for us

If that happens then Clark would have improved multiple times over. Smith is miles ahead of him, and I'm not knocking Clark either, he's a good player and played well tonight, just Smith is a very, very good player.

Tbh I like Blicavs as second ruck (unpopular opinion!), but not sure we can afford to do that with Taylor gone. But that's largely because I don't trust Kolo.

What do you think?
The problem is Blicavs is clearly our best tall defender and doesn't add enough as a second ruck. And after watching Kolo just get monstered by ******* Hooker means we really need to have Blicavs and Henderson as our #1 and #2 defenders because I don't have confidence with Kolo on someone like King or Riewoldt.

When Danger calls for the ball to be kicked to the boundary side of the contest, don't kick it infield especially when the centre square is full of Bombers & devoid of Cats

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbh I like Blicavs as second ruck (unpopular opinion!), but not sure we can afford to do that with Taylor gone. But that's largely because I don't trust Kolo.

What do you think?
I personally like the idea of Blitz going as up the 2nd ruck while he plays as the Key Defender..
As I could back in Kolo and Henry and Henderson looking after as key defenders for 5-10min a quarter

The problem is Blicavs is clearly our best tall defender and doesn't add enough as a second ruck. And after watching Kolo just get monstered by ******* Hooker means we really need to have Blicavs and Henderson as our #1 and #2 defenders because I don't have confidence with Kolo on someone like King or Riewoldt.

Disagree with the bolded tbh - I reckon Henderson is our best and most reliable tall defender, and I reckon Blicavs is one of the best 2nd rucks going around.

The problem is I agree with the rest of your post 100% so I don't think we can afford to move Blicavs from defense.

Clark has had a lot of the ball but he has been very poor by foot and turned it over quite a bit. Needs to tidy up a lot of his disposal to be a regular

Just had his best kick of the night

But otherwise I agree, also needs to sure up his decision making

Clark's a star in the making. Seriously, not sure why he's been kept out of the team all this time. Aside from Tuohy, who doesn't play much in defense these days, he's our most attacking defender.
Andrew Mackie-like

Clark's a star in the making. Seriously, not sure why he's been kept out of the team all this time. Aside from Tuohy, who doesn't play much in defense these days, he's our most attacking defender.
Andrew Mackie-like

He hasn't really. Rookie year he was in and out a bit and last year he came back in poor fitness and struggled to find form (no NFL hurt him), he'll play 20 games this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back