Preview Geelong Cats v Essendon, AAMI Community Series, Sat 6 Mar 7:10pm @ GMHBA Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Smith a great get, but just confirms - again - that Tommy is a *great* footballer. In earlier eras would have kicked 800+
He is a great Tom.

Smith was really good..not everything he tried worked but his willingness to gut run when many teammates didnt stood out for me. He will be a great get.

Blicavs
Henderson
Kolo
Henry
O’Connor
Stewart
Bews

Anyone who thinks they won’t all play is not paying attention. They will all play lots of games in 2021. And that doesn’t stop Atkins getting a game, if they want they will pick him too.

O'Connor Blicavs Kolo
Henry Henderson Stewart

Bews, Atkins & Tuohy to roll through.

All of blitz kolo henry and moc are good players and worthy best 22 but they are all poor kicks and it stifles our ball movement. We need to put some of our better kicks in the back 6.

Essendon have a few good talls and all young

I believe the ruckman they had playing in the last quarter was only 19. I think I heard Dwayne Russell mention it once or twice.

Constable 10 disposals in a quarter. 80% efficiency in the midfield. What else can he do.

Improve his tank so he can play 80 % of the game in the midfield as with 75 interchanges he cant only play 65% tog like he used to and he cant play anywhere else except midfield. He will be best 22 if he can fix that and off the list if he cant.

I believe the ruckman they had playing in the last quarter was only 19. I think I heard Dwayne Russell mention it once or twice.

Correct bryan was the same draft as our de koning and evans.

My takes from the game.

- Essendon should of won that game.
- If we have to rely on SDK or Jenkins in the ruck this year we are in trouble. Draper slaughtered both.
- Cameron is class. As is Higgins. Smith was fumbly and looked rusty and hopefully will be better for the run.
- Kolo is so unreliable both in the air and by foot.
- Atkins was close to, if not BOG. With man on the mark rule change his dash off half back could be important. I'd play him over Kolo come rd 1. He could become our version of Jayden Short.
- Clark plays rd 1. Made a few mistakes but tried to take the game on.
- Evans should play rd 1 just on that half volley pick up at speed at the start of the final quarter.
- Parfitt will be better again this year.
- No injuries is a big plus.

Kolo and Henry can draw straws for mine but you know they will play both in case they need to use Blitz in the ruck.
Please, let’s leave Blitz in the Back Line, where he thrives? Play Stanley + get games into Ruck Kittens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blicavs
Henderson
Kolo
Henry
O’Connor
Stewart
Bews

Anyone who thinks they won’t all play is not paying attention. They will all play lots of games in 2021. And that doesn’t stop Atkins getting a game, if they want they will pick him too.

Disagree, as Kolo only played a quarter tonight. Looks like he's competing with Hendo and Henry for that tall defender role. Could definitely see Atkins taking his spot as he was near best on ground tonight in his new role

I liked SdK's effort and work ethic.
Atkins very good on the back half.
Kolo was terrible.
Young Clark is very much a key to the future.

Between Jenkins, Smith, Higgins and JC it felt like one of cricket's old world eleven teams. Players plucked from everywhere. The three new players all benefited the team.

Really, Geelong were playing bruise free footy this evening. It will be a fun year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back