Game Day Geelong Cats v West Coast Eagles - Semi Finals - Fri 13 Sep, 7:50PM AEST, MCG

Art Vandelay_

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham, Bushrangers
Mate died of cancer last night so I was with him in hospital.
Huge Tigers fan - lifelong friend.
I think I might know a bit about life at present.

Came on BF for some distraction and amusement. I didn't get to read much yesterday.
I notice you're still here, reading a match thread from yesterday and still being abusive- What's your excuse?
Condolences.
Don’t worry about chewy, he’s not worth talking to anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Filth

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2009
Essendon
AFL Club
Collingwood
Condolences.
Don’t worry about chewy, he’s not worth talking to anyway
Thank's matey - I figured that.
My tolerance of trolls this morning is understandably low.
I figure he's a Hawk supporter who was hoping the Cats would lose last night so he could troll one of his traditional rivals for his pathetic amusement.
When you guys won he has resorted to having a go at Hawkins and his possible suspension to get his jollys instead.
Just one of those sh*theads you get on here occasionally.

I meant to thank him for the Hawks efforts to give the Pies Top 4 and a double chance.

Anyway, you must be chuffed with the win.
Tiges will be a tough ask but you've got to be in it to win it.
One in 4 chance like us.
Best of luck.

Last edited:

The Filth

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2009
Essendon
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don’t know, why? They were speculating he was after the game but every time a great player has a quiet game it’s always the speculation. I just think Yeo did a great job on him for three quarters and in the last Danger went nuts.
Various commentators were mentioning it last night is all.
His marking in the last quarter would suggest otherwise.
Yeo is a tough bastard to play on so you're probably right.

Demontim275

Team Captain
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thank's matey - I figured that.
My tolerance of trolls this morning is understandably low.
I figure he's a Hawk supporter who was hoping the Cats would lose last night so he could troll one of his traditional rivals for his pathetic amusement.
When you guys won he has resorted to having a go at Hawkins and his possible suspension to get his jollys instead.
Just one of those sh*theads you get on here occasionally.

I meant to thank him for the Hawks efforts to give the Pies Top 4 and a double chance.

Anyway, you must be chuffed with the win.
Tiges will be a tough ask but you've got to be in it to win it.
One in 4 chance like us.
Best of luck.
His comment was fairly innocuous. Not sure coming on and insulting randoms is really the way to handle that.

Duskfire

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
It would have to be a pretty massive injury for Danger to be out. They would just park him in the goal square if he was hindered at all.

Anyway it was good to see that Geelong won with Danger having a quiet game. It didn’t require a Herculean effort from him to get victory.

demondavey

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Barry hall says g'day....he will get off as sure as the sun rises in the east.
Not necessarily. Tribunal has changed a lot since then. High impact, intentional, force level was enough to render Schofield dazed, and off the ball. How do you justify not getting one week? If Christian does his job properly then it’s a week for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Cotchin Rules

Team Captain
May 31, 2019
Belmont, WA
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Perth Glory, Everton FC, SSC Napoli
I will be interesting to see what list changes you make.
Anyway, I still think it is the Tigers flag to lose this year. Pies still a sneaky chance.
Not a horrible season by your mob in any case.
Best of luck for next year.
How is it Tigers to lose? We were written off after the bloody bye! We got pumped by the Pies and Giants early and absolutely slaughtered by the cats at the MCG. Either you're a sheep and getting sucked into the media wanking or you're seriously delusional. I'm sick of hearing the BS coming out from you lot. Collingwood is in the box seat with the dream run you would be stupid to dispute otherwise.
You lost the GF last year.......there is no doubt HUGE pressure on the Pies especially Buckley. Its like you lot are already looking for excuses.

The Filth

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2009
Essendon
AFL Club
Collingwood
How is it Tigers to lose? We were written off after the bloody bye! We got pumped by the Pies and Giants early and absolutely slaughtered by the cats at the MCG. Either you're a sheep and getting sucked into the media wanking or you're seriously delusional. I'm sick of hearing the BS coming out from you lot. Collingwood is in the box seat with the dream run you would be stupid to dispute otherwise.
You lost the GF last year.......there is no doubt HUGE pressure on the Pies especially Buckley. Its like you lot are already looking for excuses.
You can look back over my posts and I’ve never written off the Tigers - even when you had your injuries and losing games.
Put it this way, I would be a bit more confident if De Goey and Greenwood were fit.
Your current form is also a lot better than ours.
I guess I’m delusional then - just like all the betting agencies that have you favourites to win the flag.
Anyway your earlier prediction of a Collingwood v West Coast GF has evaporated.

Last edited:

BKM78

Club Legend
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
What i find remarkable about our awesome MRP is you aren’t allowed to use previous incidents in your defence. So Martin when he whacked DeBoar for example couldn’t use Mitchell elbowing Goldstein in the head behind play as a defence. How dumb and stupid. It’s set up to be inconsistent and fail. Mind blowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's legit mind boggling

My Cotchin Rules

Team Captain
May 31, 2019
Belmont, WA
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Perth Glory, Everton FC, SSC Napoli
You can look back over my posts and I’ve never written off the Tigers - even when you had your injuries and losing games.
Put it this way, I would be a bit more confident if De Goey and Greenwood were fit.
Your current form is also a lot better than ours.
I guess I’m delusional then - just like all the betting agencies that have you favourites to win the flag.
Anyway your earlier prediction of a Collingwood v West Coast GF has evaporated.
Yeah fair enough I was probably over the top with the delusional stuff. I don't buy into all the bookies and media crap. Its who matches up well with who. Pies defiantly have our measure at most times and Geelong have beaten us like 15 out of the last 17 times we have met. Bookies also don't take into account when placing "premiership favourites" the degree of difficulty to actually get there and the Pies are almost certainties to make the big dance. Also DeGoey will be back for the GF but yeah Greenwood is a hit especially if you need to lay a tag on Dusty or Sellwood/Danger ect.

Last edited:

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I read the comments here from a few WCE supporters at half-time.

What have you got to say now?

You were bragging and calling us whingers.

We're not whingers. We are winners!

Therefore, that makes you losers.

Some of you called Geelong "cheats". Hey, it is you who have a drug cheat playing for you, and have a culture of drug use.

Go back to Perth and take your umpires from last night with you.

Maybe some of you won't get so ahead of yourselves next time, and might make your words sweet, because you may have to eat them.

BTW, the price for Tim Kelly has gone up again. Hope you can pay it, or else he won't be playing for you again next year.

HurleyHepsHird

Maximum Praxis
Oct 2, 2011
Annares
AFL Club
West Coast
I read the comments here from a few WCE supporters at half-time.

What have you got to say now?

You were bragging and calling us whingers.

We're not whingers. We are winners!

Therefore, that makes you losers.

Some of you called Geelong "cheats". Hey, it is you who have a drug cheat playing for you, and have a culture of drug use.

Go back to Perth and take your umpires from last night with you.

Maybe some of you won't get so ahead of yourselves next time, and might make your words sweet, because you may have to eat them.

BTW, the price for Tim Kelly has gone up again. Hope you can pay it, or else he won't be playing for you again next year.
OK boomer.

Top Bottom