Game Day Geelong Cats v West Coast Eagles - Semi Finals - Fri 13 Sep, 7:50PM AEST, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

The Greene incident is completely different because the AFL had an out as he was charged with misconduct. He 100% should have gotten a week but you could always see how they could let him off if they wanted.

Tom on the other hand is just about cooked i think.

Intentional - High contact - Low impact = 1 week

I can't see anyway way that it is graded as anything less than that. His only chance of getting off is if they say insufficient force but i just can't see any way they can try and spin that.

Whilst Hawkins was silly, and he warrants a reprimand of some sort, I’d hardly classify his hit as a dog act (Dunne on Greening, Hall on Stalker, Gaff on Brayshaw ect) he wasn’t going to break his jaw. If it had really connected and there is a facial break/concussion, than I’d agree with you.

Hawkins isn’t a thug, so I don’t think he has history to warrant a suspension.

I think based on where their bodies were and the context of the clash, Hawkins was trying to whack him across the shoulder. Doesn’t excuse it by any means - he got him across the face so intent is irrelevant - but it would support your notion that it wasn’t just pure thuggery

Fair enough. I don't agree re Cotchin, however, I was actually pleased to see him get off as I don't agree with the best players being on the sidelines in a final. Unless it's something like a Barry Hall on Staker type of thuggery. I do however fully agree with your Hawkins assessment. It's technically a week. He'll get done mate, I'm not sure why everyone gets so worked up about it anyway. If the Tigers are confident of beating us, does it matter if he plays? If you guys are good enough, you'll win anyway.

Exactly right. There’s no excuses. If either team is good enough they win. Simple as that.
I don’t think Willy Rioli was the reason WCE lost last night. You guys out played them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheating campaigners fix is on

Yep smashed in the face no free
Geelong gets their arms touched free

Hawkins pushed McGovern in the back and ball touched it's a mark

CHEATING VICTORIAN campaignerS fu** OFF VFL AND fu** OFF CHEATING VFL UMPIRE campaignerS
Have a look at the game when the Eagles made their comeback.
They got 9 out of the 10 frees paid in that period and got the better of the 50/50 calls.
Umpires are not biased, they will let play go sometimes, they will miss frees.
You may be able to see them on TV they have a different view at ground level.
Didn't see you complain about the non-decision that helped you get over the line in last years GF.

What a meltdown. Sook.

Respect for copping it on the chin and perhaps it was different this week, but take that top 4/pretenders thread that was going throughout the season: it was like a competition between West Coast supporters to see who could be the most insulting/disrespectful towards Geelong.

I've said most of the year I don't think Geelong are real contenders, and there's something lacking about them, but I still wasn't writing them off. Some people are a little more...explicit in their opinions I guess, but understandable if you feel some pleasure from our loss dealing with that, I probably would too. Anyway, before finals I probably would've put them equal fourth likely to win it all along with the Bulldogs and Pies among finalists, finishing top is still something. Think I, like many, overrated the Dogs.

Nonetheless, it was a solid performance from your boys last night. Think the Tigers will win comfortably but who knows, as we saw last year. A few weeks in I did think Geelong were looking like faves, and I tried to visualise the premier, and could only really see Geelong or Richmond.

Have a look at the game when the Eagles made their comeback.
They got 9 out of the 10 frees paid in that period and got the better of the 50/50 calls.
Umpires are not biased, they will let play go sometimes, they will miss frees.
You may be able to see them on TV they have a different view at ground level.
Didn't see you complain about the non-decision that helped you get over the line in last years GF.

What a meltdown. Sook.

Yes as an Eagles fan we got the rub for awhile. I do think the umps tried to even it up a bit later, but overall we got the easier ride.

What a meltdown. Sook.
Really?
What pathetic trolling.
Get a life idiot.
You're reading a match thread from yesterday, abusing others and telling me to get a life??? 😆 :drunk::drunk:

Self-awareness isn't your strong suit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically Geelong’s best chance of stretching a Richmond defence was with Hawkins. You’d think he’d learn by now. Smacking a bloke in a SF is as dumb as it gets.

Barry hall says g'day....he will get off as sure as the sun rises in the east.

Fair enough. I don't agree re Cotchin, however, I was actually pleased to see him get off as I don't agree with the best players being on the sidelines in a final. Unless it's something like a Barry Hall on Staker type of thuggery. I do however fully agree with your Hawkins assessment. It's technically a week. He'll get done mate, I'm not sure why everyone gets so worked up about it anyway. If the Tigers are confident of beating us, does it matter if he plays? If you guys are good enough, you'll win anyway.
Geelong are a much more dangerous side with Hawkins in. As a Richmond supporter I would prefer him to miss and for what he did IMO deserves a week as it’s similar to the Martin/Deboer strike. You just shouldn’t be doing that off the ball. Who knows with this MRP though.

But if he does miss, it means that Geelong have some sort of advantage in that they will be harder to plan for. Do they bring a tall forward or defender in, and switch Taylor forward? Or another mid and move Blicavs back? Or do they play Danger forward and put Selwood back to inside mid?

If Hawkins is out, Scott will need to win the game in the coaches box. They still have the matchwinners to get it done.

Maybe Hawkins should get the same QC that got Barry Hall off with a reprimand in the 2005 prelim.
You know, how he managed to argue the ball was in play when Bazza hit St Kilda’s Matt Maguire 50m behind play.
Anyway, if they didn't suspend Greene they shouldn't suspend Hawkins. (Both incidents deserve a week btw)

Basically Geelong’s best chance of stretching a Richmond defence was with Hawkins. You’d think he’d learn by now. Smacking a bloke in a SF is as dumb as it gets.

Agreed. He does have his moments of foolishness. However this forces Geelong to change their forward structure a little. Maybe play Danger in the goal square more, don’t Bomb it in but go in low and hard, cross fingers that Rohan plays a good finals for a change, etc.

Could make it unpredictable.

You're reading a match thread from yesterday, abusing others and telling me to get a life??? 😆 :drunk::drunk:

Self-awareness isn't your strong suit.
Mate died of cancer last night so I was with him in hospital.
Huge Tigers fan - lifelong friend.
I think I might know a bit about life at present.

Came on BF for some distraction and amusement. I didn't get to read much yesterday.
I notice you're still here, reading a match thread from yesterday and still being abusive- What's your excuse?

Yes as an Eagles fan we got the rub for awhile. I do think the umps tried to even it up a bit later, but overall we got the easier ride.
I was pretty impressed with the comeback. Geelong were on their game last night.
Your losses to Pies, Tiges and Hawks cost you the double chance. I think you may have made the GF if you finished top 4.
Shame about Willie too. Didn't help you mindset.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back