Game Day Geelong Cats v West Coast Eagles - Semi Finals - Fri 13 Sep, 7:50PM AEST, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed. He does have his moments of foolishness. However this forces Geelong to change their forward structure a little. Maybe play Danger in the goal square more, don’t Bomb it in but go in low and hard, cross fingers that Rohan plays a good finals for a change, etc.

Could make it unpredictable.
Is Danger carrying an injury?

I was pretty impressed with the comeback. Geelong were on their game last night.
Your losses to Pies, Tiges and Hawks cost you the double chance. I think you may have made the GF if you finished top 4.
Shame about Willie too. Didn't help you mindset.

Yeah I think they take awhile to get going. If we had them week 1 I think we would've won, but oh well, the game was typical of our season. Our inability to play all 3 quarters, dropping off, not winning contested ball and controlling territory, poor tackling. Doubt we could've beat Richmond if we fell over the line. Had we won comprehensively by 40+ I might have had hope, but it wasn't to be.

Yeah I think they take awhile to get going. If we had them week 1 I think we would've won, but oh well, the game was typical of our season. Our inability to play all 3 quarters, dropping off, not winning contested ball and controlling territory, poor tackling. Doubt we could've beat Richmond if we fell over the line. Had we won comprehensively by 40+ I might have had hope, but it wasn't to be.
I will be interesting to see what list changes you make.
Anyway, I still think it is the Tigers flag to lose this year. Pies still a sneaky chance.
Not a horrible season by your mob in any case.
Best of luck for next year.

The absence of Rioli was huge last night, too many times Hutchings had a possession where it would have been Rioli and butchered it where Willie wouldn't have and times when pressure would normally have come it wasn't there. At the very pointy end of the elite teams, small forwards are really the difference makers and it was certainly true last night.

Mate died of cancer last night so I was with him in hospital.
Huge Tigers fan - lifelong friend.
I think I might know a bit about life at present.

Came on BF for some distraction and amusement. I didn't get to read much yesterday.
I notice you're still here, reading a match thread from yesterday and still being abusive- What's your excuse?
Condolences.
Don’t worry about chewy, he’s not worth talking to anyway

Condolences.
Thank's matey - I figured that.
My tolerance of trolls this morning is understandably low.
I figure he's a Hawk supporter who was hoping the Cats would lose last night so he could troll one of his traditional rivals for his pathetic amusement.
When you guys won he has resorted to having a go at Hawkins and his possible suspension to get his jollys instead.
Just one of those sh*theads you get on here occasionally.

I meant to thank him for the Hawks efforts to give the Pies Top 4 and a double chance.

Anyway, you must be chuffed with the win.
Tiges will be a tough ask but you've got to be in it to win it.
One in 4 chance like us.
Best of luck.

Last edited:
Don’t know, why? They were speculating he was after the game but every time a great player has a quiet game it’s always the speculation. I just think Yeo did a great job on him for three quarters and in the last Danger went nuts.
Various commentators were mentioning it last night is all.
His marking in the last quarter would suggest otherwise.
Yeo is a tough bastard to play on so you're probably right.

Thank's matey - I figured that.
My tolerance of trolls this morning is understandably low.
I figure he's a Hawk supporter who was hoping the Cats would lose last night so he could troll one of his traditional rivals for his pathetic amusement.
When you guys won he has resorted to having a go at Hawkins and his possible suspension to get his jollys instead.
Just one of those sh*theads you get on here occasionally.

I meant to thank him for the Hawks efforts to give the Pies Top 4 and a double chance.

Anyway, you must be chuffed with the win.
Tiges will be a tough ask but you've got to be in it to win it.
One in 4 chance like us.
Best of luck.
His comment was fairly innocuous. Not sure coming on and insulting randoms is really the way to handle that.

It would have to be a pretty massive injury for Danger to be out. They would just park him in the goal square if he was hindered at all.

Anyway it was good to see that Geelong won with Danger having a quiet game. It didn’t require a Herculean effort from him to get victory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barry hall says g'day....he will get off as sure as the sun rises in the east.
Not necessarily. Tribunal has changed a lot since then. High impact, intentional, force level was enough to render Schofield dazed, and off the ball. How do you justify not getting one week? If Christian does his job properly then it’s a week for sure.

I will be interesting to see what list changes you make.
Anyway, I still think it is the Tigers flag to lose this year. Pies still a sneaky chance.
Not a horrible season by your mob in any case.
Best of luck for next year.
How is it Tigers to lose? We were written off after the bloody bye! We got pumped by the Pies and Giants early and absolutely slaughtered by the cats at the MCG. Either you're a sheep and getting sucked into the media wanking or you're seriously delusional. I'm sick of hearing the BS coming out from you lot. Collingwood is in the box seat with the dream run you would be stupid to dispute otherwise.
You lost the GF last year.......there is no doubt HUGE pressure on the Pies especially Buckley. Its like you lot are already looking for excuses.

How is it Tigers to lose? We were written off after the bloody bye! We got pumped by the Pies and Giants early and absolutely slaughtered by the cats at the MCG. Either you're a sheep and getting sucked into the media wanking or you're seriously delusional. I'm sick of hearing the BS coming out from you lot. Collingwood is in the box seat with the dream run you would be stupid to dispute otherwise.
You lost the GF last year.......there is no doubt HUGE pressure on the Pies especially Buckley. Its like you lot are already looking for excuses.

You can look back over my posts and I’ve never written off the Tigers - even when you had your injuries and losing games.
Put it this way, I would be a bit more confident if De Goey and Greenwood were fit.
Your current form is also a lot better than ours.
I guess I’m delusional then - just like all the betting agencies that have you favourites to win the flag.
Anyway your earlier prediction of a Collingwood v West Coast GF has evaporated.

Last edited:
What i find remarkable about our awesome MRP is you aren’t allowed to use previous incidents in your defence. So Martin when he whacked DeBoar for example couldn’t use Mitchell elbowing Goldstein in the head behind play as a defence. How dumb and stupid. It’s set up to be inconsistent and fail. Mind blowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's legit mind boggling

wind-up-8147.gif

You can look back over my posts and I’ve never written off the Tigers - even when you had your injuries and losing games.
Put it this way, I would be a bit more confident if De Goey and Greenwood were fit.
Your current form is also a lot better than ours.
I guess I’m delusional then - just like all the betting agencies that have you favourites to win the flag.
Anyway your earlier prediction of a Collingwood v West Coast GF has evaporated.
Yeah fair enough I was probably over the top with the delusional stuff. I don't buy into all the bookies and media crap. Its who matches up well with who. Pies defiantly have our measure at most times and Geelong have beaten us like 15 out of the last 17 times we have met. Bookies also don't take into account when placing "premiership favourites" the degree of difficulty to actually get there and the Pies are almost certainties to make the big dance. Also DeGoey will be back for the GF but yeah Greenwood is a hit especially if you need to lay a tag on Dusty or Sellwood/Danger ect.

Last edited:
Come on mate how can you say we’ll get spanked by Richmond if we win?

We got beaten by a goal last time v tigers, we’ll hopefully have nicnat this time, we’ll want redemption, and there’s a spot in the GF up for grabs.

I think saying we’ll get spanked is a bit over the top
Love the arrogance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back