Game Day Geelong Cats v West Coast Eagles - Semi Finals - Fri 13 Sep, 7:50PM AEST, MCG

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I read the comments here from a few WCE supporters at half-time.

What have you got to say now?

You were bragging and calling us whingers.

We're not whingers. We are winners!

Therefore, that makes you losers.

Some of you called Geelong "cheats". Hey, it is you who have a drug cheat playing for you, and have a culture of drug use.

Go back to Perth and take your umpires from last night with you.

Maybe some of you won't get so ahead of yourselves next time, and might make your words sweet, because you may have to eat them.

BTW, the price for Tim Kelly has gone up again. Hope you can pay it, or else he won't be playing for you again next year.

HurleyHepsHird

Ghost Stories for the End of the World
Oct 2, 2011
Between the Lines
AFL Club
West Coast

Some of you called Geelong "cheats". Hey, it is you who have a drug cheat playing for you, and have a culture of drug use.

Maybe some of you won't get so ahead of yourselves next time, and might make your words sweet, because you may have to eat them.

BTW, the price for Tim Kelly has gone up again. Hope you can pay it, or else he won't be playing for you again next year.
OK boomer.

WCE Wizard

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

Nothing, i say well done to you and good luck against Richmond. As for Rioli being a drug cheat, you need to wait till ASDA and the AFL finish their investigation. As for a history of drug use, mate that was 12 years ago our team and club has changed over since. Why so bitter, go and enjoy the win and get ready to face a red hot Richmond

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne

BCB0B290-3D90-4F32-8D3A-C5A0224FA345.gif

00VicWard001

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 3, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Not that I want to gloat too much because anyone can beat anyone on their day but here is a list of players who were missing in that Geelong game that played last week against Brisbane:

Riewoldt
Astbury
Lambert
Nankervis
Broad
Bolton
B Ellis
Short
While you’re gloating, why not also include all the muppets who played on that day too and went missing.

Not that I want to gloat too much because anyone can beat anyone on their day but here is a list of players who were missing in that Geelong game that played last week against Brisbane:

Riewoldt
Astbury
Lambert
Nankervis
Broad
Bolton
B Ellis
Short
Geelong would be shitting bricks looking at that list.

Short and Lambert are the ones that strike me with pure fear.

😂
I'm already crapping my dacks. Add in Broad and Bolton and it's possible it'll happen more than once.

Demontim275

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Didn’t geelong just lose to a side that had half a bench and finished below them?
Is there something in the water down that way or what?

00VicWard001

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 3, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
I follow the sport. Watch more local games than anything

Not everyone cracks the sads because you bag an afl team they follow ;)

Melbourne are s**t. That’s old news. And current news. And future news.
I guess you’re used to having second, third, fourth and fifth teams by now so that you can keep involved. 👍

I myself have never had this opportunity, so I can’t say I know how your mind works.

Demontim275

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
I guess you’re used to having second, third, fourth and fifth teams by now so that you can keep involved. 👍

I myself have never had this opportunity, so I can’t say I know how your mind works.
Or I just prefer supporting local clubs who struggle but still play good footy/I play for
Than paying money to give danger another million for playing less ;)

I guess you’re used to living vicariously through an afl side so that you can feel involved

I myself don’t so I can’t say I know how your mind works

00VicWard001

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 3, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Or I just prefer supporting local clubs who struggle but still play good footy/I play for
Than paying money to give danger another million for playing less ;)

I guess you’re used to living vicariously through an afl side so that you can feel involved

I myself don’t so I can’t say I know how your mind works

Diminishing your psychological engagement and therefore not being able to live vicariously through your teams success (something everyone does when they support a successful team) is only natural when your team is terrible.

Despite all this, you’re here, commenting and keeping the thread going. I and the Richmond and Geelong football clubs accept your heartfelt thanks, that we can give you some small measure of involvement.

It’s exciting isn’t it?

Demontim275

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Diminishing your psychological engagement and therefore not being able to live vicariously through your teams success (something everyone does when they support a successful team) is only natural when your team is terrible.

Despite all this, you’re here, commenting and keeping the thread going. I and the Richmond and Geelong football clubs accept your heartfelt thanks, that we can give you some small measure of involvement.

It’s exciting isn’t it?
Been involved locally for years and years mate. Much more rewarding.

Living vicariously through an afl team is natural when you don’t have an actual attachment to a club for real reasons

I enjoy the sport.

Not even sure what burn you’re going for? Melbourne’s s**t still?

Probably the type who lists watching geelong win a flag on tv as a life accomplishment ;)

00VicWard001

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 3, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Been involved locally for years and years mate. Much more rewarding.

Living vicariously through an afl team is natural when you don’t have an actual attachment to a club for real reasons

I enjoy the sport.

Not even sure what burn you’re going for? Melbourne’s s**t still?

Probably the type who lists watching geelong win a flag on tv as a life accomplishment ;)

What is this burn you keeping bringing up? I’m not trying to burn you. I’m trying to involve you in it and make you feel good!

Its great that you’re keeping yourself busy watching everyone else’s teams play finals. Don’t disparage yourself - its a good thing, it’s what the broadcast partners want to ensure that there are large viewing numbers and larger deals are made in future.

I myself have never paid attention to anything below AFL level (unless it’s to do with the form of AFL listed players)- as I am not interested in it. Well done for supporting it.

It’s not really a personal achievement is it when your team is successful? How could it be? But one day maybe you will find this out if your team is successful.

Demontim275

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
What is this burn you keeping bringing up? I’m not trying to burn you. I’m trying to involve you in it and make you feel good!

Its great that you’re keeping yourself busy watching everyone else’s teams play finals. Don’t disparage yourself - its a good thing, it’s what the broadcast partners want to ensure that their are large viewing numbers and larger deals are made in future.

I myself have never paid attention to anything below AFL level (unless it’s to do with the form of AFL listed players)- as I am not interested in it. Well done for supporting it.

It’s not really a personal achievement is it when your team is successful? How could it be? But one day maybe you will find this out if your team is successful.
I don’t know. You tell me? You’re the one living vicariously through geelong?

It’s like you’re trying to talk like a grown up, but sfellowing like a child

We get it mate. It upsets you when people dislike geelong. Probably best not to get emotional over a team that has no idea who you are :) (and has possibly the worst facilities and security staff of any club)

00VicWard001

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 3, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
I don’t know. You tell me? You’re the one living vicariously through geelong?

It’s like you’re trying to talk like a grown up, but sfellowing like a child

We get it mate. It upsets you when people dislike geelong. Probably best not to get emotional over a team that has no idea who you are :) (and has possibly the worst facilities and security staff of any club)
Attempts at insults are just strange when I’m trying to reward your interest by engaging with you. It is beneath you to behave like this. But that’s ok, it’s not really something that effects me.

I haven’t been involved with the security staff at the club so I wouldn’t know. Did something happen to you at Geelong? If so, I’m sorry that you suffered so much.

The facilities? Yes, the MCG’s is nicer. Adelaide’s is the best I’ve seen (when we got poleaxed by them in 2017). I can’t say I really notice the facilities. I watch the game.

Back